Monk's Chant

What about this one?
"Midway through the second half of the FA Cup final, about five minutes after a Millwall player had last touched the ball to be precise, a low groan began to emerge from the massed ranks in blue at one end of the stadium. "Merrr," it went, as if a herd of unhappy cows had been led into the stands. You kept expecting a second syllable, presuming this must be a precursor to the full-on Millwall cry of "Merrr-warr". But it never arrived, no matter how long the noise went on. And it went on for ages. Manchester United even scored their third goal in the middle of it and were not able to disturb its monosyllabic momentum. This was the football chant reduced to its most basic, a primal scream of loyalty, a growl of determination that no matter what happened, nothing would stop the underdog having its day out. It was the most defiant noise that can ever have been heard at a Cup final. Just a shame the players in blue couldn't live up to it."

What about this one?
"Midway through the second half of the FA Cup final, about five minutes after a Millwall player had last touched the ball to be precise, a low groan began to emerge from the massed ranks in blue at one end of the stadium. "Merrr," it went, as if a herd of unhappy cows had been led into the stands. You kept expecting a second syllable, presuming this must be a precursor to the full-on Millwall cry of "Merrr-warr". But it never arrived, no matter how long the noise went on. And it went on for ages. Manchester United even scored their third goal in the middle of it and were not able to disturb its monosyllabic momentum. This was the football chant reduced to its most basic, a primal scream of loyalty, a growl of determination that no matter what happened, nothing would stop the underdog having its day out. It was the most defiant noise that can ever have been heard at a Cup final. Just a shame the players in blue couldn't live up to it."
Perfect description. However, no need for the last sentence!

What about this one?
Brilliant! Who wrote that (and ffs don't say Brian Glanville)?

Can remember it ending with “wall”, notably late 70’s early 80’s as our train pulled into Euston/kings x or wherever, a war cry for any would be firms that might be lurking about letting them know Millwall were there..

Can remember it ending with “wall”, notably late 70’s early 80’s as our train pulled into Euston/kings x or wherever, a war cry for any would be firms that might be lurking about letting them know Millwall were there..
Yeah. In those days that wasn't a sound I was ever keen to hear coming back into London.

I know I was pissed alot, but I'm sure that when we played Liverpool at home in 1st division it went on the whole game, including half time.

What about this one?
Have read that before mate. It's a great piece and makes you proud.

I remember a cup game at the Dell in the 80s, pissing down with rain in the uncovered away end and we sang “Millwall” to the tune of Hey Jude for about 15 minutes.

I timed it once (sad I know) at the old den. It went on for a good 20 minutes. It would morph in to a sort of low hum back then and just go on for ever. Eerie as fuck for away fans. It would be broken up by a chorus of No one likes us or fuck em all then everyone would go straight back to it.

I know I was pissed alot, but I'm sure that when we played Liverpool at home in 1st division it went on the whole game, including half time.
How pissed? I remember it going on for very long periods but never during halftime 😆

I think we should do it the whole game, then keep it going individually all week then still be chanting it when we all next meet up until the 9th minute of the second half of that next match (coz by then we'll need refreshments).

Gotta say I loved the old chant with wall on the end, it was proper haunting when it went on and on. I always remember Leicester at Gilbert Street doing it back to us for 10 mins of the second half. Didn't sound right with a Muslim accent on it