MillwallJohn

Should we force him to suffer Div 3 like the rest of us?
I think the focus and opportunity is on rebuilding the team, recruitment, selling policies, training facilities and a review of the Club structure to align with meeting the needs of the aforementioned, especially at senior levels.
In essence a clear future vision , strategy, structure skilled players and staff, and strong leadership both on and off the field.

In my opinion till he has rebuilt, others not willing to see a long term transformation it takes time especially with an ageing squad who cant adapt. Change takes time it’s not an overnight fix. Surely the man has something or the FA wouldn’t have given him a caretaker role with our national team. Our national team have transformed over last few years with youth but it takes time. Money money money is reason sackings are premature now too much money to lose. Don’t hit the ground running your out. We will see, do what everyone else does or give time to create a new team with a different way of playing.
I’m afraid we cannot afford a different way of playing. The type of players we would need would be snapped up by richer clubs.

Although we've had an awful lot of injuries, probably the worst we've had in a long while, I agree, generally other teams seem to cope better than us. Which probably means our squad depth isn't as good as most think to compete at Championship level.
There was actually a pun in there KB (lame excuse?) My posts might be a bit mad but you usually spot them ;)

Although we've had an awful lot of injuries, probably the worst we've had in a long while, I agree, generally other teams seem to cope better than us. Which probably means our squad depth isn't as good as most think to compete at Championship level.
Wasn't that long ago Rowett had to stop the team bus outside the school gates to pick up Lovelace so we could fill the bench and if I remember right, we put in a good defensive display and won 1-0.
There are no excuses for our form in 2024.

But every manager in the league has to deal with injuries, suspensions and poor referees, it isn’t unique to Millwall, It is part and parcel of the job. Edwards has been a total disaster bar one week over Christmas and the sooner fans like yourself and the board realise it the better. Get him gone.
Poor referees, I have seen some dire performances over the years but this season has been worse than ever, I would go as far as to say blatant cheatibg by the refs. It has seemed if the was an agenda against us, it cannot be coincidence some of the decisions made. Even last Saturday we had the ball a Wednesday palyer sat down so the ref blows for a head injury, the player got straight up and they was given the ball. I would bet no other club has had to put up with the same crap we have this season. We have also had the same ref 3 times which is very unusual.

I don’t think the bookies know something.

I think they have seen our last 8 games and realised we are dog shit and our PE teacher hasn’t got it in him to turn it around.
Oh Gawd. That might be the best descriotion I've heard of Edwards.
he's a recently qualified PE teacher who's been sent to rough school and he can't handle it. Perfect.

Poor referees, I have seen some dire performances over the years but this season has been worse than ever, I would go as far as to say blatant cheatibg by the refs. It has seemed if the was an agenda against us, it cannot be coincidence some of the decisions made. Even last Saturday we had the ball a Wednesday palyer sat down so the ref blows for a head injury, the player got straight up and they was given the ball. I would bet no other club has had to put up with the same crap we have this season. We have also had the same ref 3 times which is very unusual.
Spot on some horrendous decisions. The penalty against Wallace the other day was out the box. My memory doesn’t allow me to think too far back. Some unbelievable decisions, really haven’t helped. Funny but we never get em our way.

Poor referee decisions is only a small part of a larger excuse for our league position. Admittedly we have had a 'rough patch' but we always seem to get the rough end of referee's decisions but that's no excuse for JE's pure incompetence as a 'first team manager', stubbornness/stupidity has kept us playing 5 at the back and let in goals like a leaky sieve we're we could have very well have picked up a few more points along the way than we have done he he'd had a tad more nous.... just 'hoping' he gets better is not enough to save us from relegation...

The W0 D1 L7 form of our last 8 matches doesn't lie.... we are the only team I know that sits back after the 'opposition' scores!

We've become a joke and you can sense the opposition look forward to their guaranteed 3 points when we play them and all JE has to do for his weekly wage is think of an after match excuse to get him through to the following week and blag the board about how his 'data' will get them through... while JE is still here, we're doomed mate.

Appreciate the pun but in my 70+ years of watching the Lions I can’t remember a season when we were so badly impacted by injuries and absolutely no luck 🍀 🤷‍♂️
If you forget the amount of injuries and look at the team we put out we have hardly been weakened, the big squad has covered those injuries easily, no debuts have had to be given to kids because of injuries.

In any game where we have dropped points under Edwards have we had anyone missing where you were sure it would of changed the result?
Hutchinson, Leonard are not match winning players or a certainty of a clean sheet, forwards havn't been in match winning form, we have a big squad and nothing in 2024 has shown that Edwards knows how to get out of this slump.
What forwards

This move by the club to move in a different direction in the way they would like to see the team I agree with and possibly JE is the man for that task, sadly he hasn't got the players to play that way, that style needs younger, fitter players who have a the brain capacity to play the modern game and adapt and it's not just the first team squad, it would mean the change of philosophy would need to implemented in the youth setup/coaches/managers that extends to the reserves as well...All that takes time and money and the right people running the club.
The Brighton, Brentford and Bournemouth models have been bank rolled and I can't see this happening any time soon at this club.