MillwallJohn

Loaded question mate, how long is too long with stats of W4 D4 L12... how long would you want him to stay?
In my opinion till he has rebuilt, others not willing to see a long term transformation it takes time especially with an ageing squad who cant adapt. Change takes time it’s not an overnight fix. Surely the man has something or the FA wouldn’t have given him a caretaker role with our national team. Our national team have transformed over last few years with youth but it takes time. Money money money is reason sackings are premature now too much money to lose. Don’t hit the ground running your out. We will see, do what everyone else does or give time to create a new team with a different way of playing.

In my opinion till he has rebuilt, others not willing to see a long term transformation it takes time especially with an ageing squad who cant adapt. Change takes time it’s not an overnight fix. Surely the man has something or the FA wouldn’t have given him a caretaker role with our national team. Our national team have transformed over last few years with youth but it takes time. Money money money is reason sackings are premature now too much money to lose. Don’t hit the ground running your out. We will see, do what everyone else does or give time to create a new team with a different way of playing.
How did Rowett get by then... experience, that's how! We may not have played 'pretty' football but he had us as a fairly secure (top half) team... then JE gets the same tools Rowett had and completely stuffed it through his lack of experience and utter incompetence and zero logic. We 'need' experience not data... all JE does is supply lip service and blames the team for not winning games. If his own players have lost confidence in him, it's hardly surprising a lot of the fans have either.

finishing 16th/17th whilst seeing an improvement was going to give him time in the summer to transform the team but since New year we look like relegation candidates and he can't be allowed to carry on if we are relegated.
If he can't understand how to win in the Championship then he has no chance in the league below.

finishing 16th/17th whilst seeing an improvement was going to give him time in the summer to transform the team but since New year we look like relegation candidates and he can't be allowed to carry on if we are relegated.
If he can't understand how to win in the Championship then he has no chance in the league below.
Edward do you think if I know it’s if, JE had a full squad and no suspensions and injuries in his time here we would be fourth bottom. I know all teams get injuries but ours have been horrendous. Not sure if any player hasn’t been injured. Genuine question.

The massive issue I have is. If he cannot see that this current squad cannot play 5 at the back when it’s clear as day. What use isit letting him rebuild?

Surely a good manager means you utilize what you have & then build?

How did Rowett get by then... experience, that's how! We may not have played 'pretty' football but he had us as a fairly secure (top half) team... then JE gets the same tools Rowett had and completely stuffed it through his lack of experience and utter incompetence and zero logic. We 'need' experience not data... all JE does is supply lip service and blames the team for not winning games. If his own players have lost confidence in him, it's hardly surprising a lot of the fans have either.
I’m not gonna criticise GR, he got us playing to our strengths, but hoping to win games on set pieces and corners got nullified. You see it every game cooper is manhandled and has become worthless at this type of attacking play. Teams had sussed us out and started running circles round us especially where we lacked pace. Only havin the ball 25-30% of the game made it more difficult for us and easier for the opposition. I believe people were getting fed up with watching us run around like headless chickens. Obviously the decision was made to change. So, we get it right or wrong JE was chosen to do it. I don’t assume for one minute our hierarchy thought we would win the division but probably stabilise ready for next season. When a clear out would happen and some new players arrive, maybe from our academy. What I don’t think anyone planned for was an unsettled team caused by injuries.

"can't be allowed to carry on if we are relegated." Surely it's the opposite? 🤔

Edward do you think if I know it’s if, JE had a full squad and no suspensions and injuries in his time here we would be fourth bottom. I know all teams get injuries but ours have been horrendous. Not sure if any player hasn’t been injured. Genuine question.
In any game where we have dropped points under Edwards have we had anyone missing where you were sure it would of changed the result?
Hutchinson, Leonard are not match winning players or a certainty of a clean sheet, forwards havn't been in match winning form, we have a big squad and nothing in 2024 has shown that Edwards knows how to get out of this slump.

But every manager in the league has to deal with injuries, suspensions and poor referees, it isn’t unique to Millwall, It is part and parcel of the job. Edwards has been a total disaster bar one week over Christmas and the sooner fans like yourself and the board realise it the better. Get him gone.