Millwall v Preston match thread

Couldn't see who it was from block 6. Just watched the highlights and yes it was Malone. Great delivery for the second goal too.

Murray is probably out for the rest of the season apparently. We are very lucky to have a player as good as Malone to come in and replace him. Huge credit to him for his performance today.

I don't know who else we have that can play left-back if Malone gets injured though.

Great game today and great being back at the den. Got there early with my mate and his boy for his first game and he got to meet Hutch and Zian before the game. With Zian being his favourite player he was made up that he got an assist and a goal. He loved being at the game and Millwall have a new lion.

Saville Mom. He was immense in midfield and a close second to Malone who had a very good game having not played much.

COYL 🦁

Great result and one we had to grind out a bit. I thought Sav and Billy in midfield were immense. The lovely bit of footwork by Billy that got a cheer from the crowd :clap:

Bad luck for Muzza going off like that but Malone really stepped up to the plate didn't he. Two great goals from us and we were put under a lot of pressure, specially just before half time, and we withstood it all.

Word about Parrot... that word is bellend. Throwing himself down left right and centre trying to cheat a penalty out of the ref.

Their sub with the hair, skilful player, but it is mens football.

Great game today and great being back at the den. Got there early with my mate and his boy for his first game and he got to meet Hutch and Zian before the game. With Zian being his favourite player he was made up that he got an assist and a goal. He loved being at the game and Millwall have a new lion.

Saville Mom. He was immense in midfield and a close second to Malone who had a very good game having not played much.

COYL 🦁

What a day for your mate's boy! I love hearing about the youngsters going to their first game and beginning the inevitable Millwall fan journey. Fantastic stuff.

Great result and one we had to grind out a bit. I thought Sav and Billy in midfield were immense. The lovely bit of footwork by Billy that got a cheer from the crowd :clap:

Bad luck for Muzza going off like that but Malone really stepped up to the plate didn't he. Two great goals from us and we were put under a lot of pressure, specially just before half time, and we withstood it all.

Word about Parrot... that word is bellend. Throwing himself down left right and centre trying to cheat a penalty out of the ref.

Their sub with the hair, skilful player, but it is mens football.

Billy gets a hard time at times from a small portion of our fans (we always seem to be harshest on our own - happened to Teddy, Rhino, Harry Kane*) but he never, ever hides, always wants the ball and stands up to be counted. He has come a long way in just a couple of seasons.

*Harry Kane is obviously not one of our own but there is no doubt in the world that were it not for his spell at Millwall, he would never have become the player he has. In his own words he said this and these are direct quotes: "Millwall are the reason I am the player I am. I have Millwall to thank for me becoming England's record scorer. The Millwall fans are the best supporters in the world. But Ginger Bob was well out of order, he broke the code. Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii."

Last edited:
Preston North End boss Ryan Lowe has revealed he started Robbie Brady over Alvaro Fernandez against Millwall at The Den as he was concerned the Manchester United loanee would've been "kicked up and down the park early doors".

They just talk bollox when they lose.

Genuinely makes me laugh. When teams lose to us, the manager pays us back-handed compliments. Usually something like "We know what Millwall are all about" or "They do the basics well" or "Their only threat was from set-pieces" which are all empty rhetorical bollocks. If they know what we are all about then why not stop us? You're meant to be the fucking manager. Then as they talk more they come up with this sort of shit and the bitterness flows out.

We should have a bowl of sour grapes in the room where they are interviewed.

Great performance by all bar Burke,vlog and McNamara. The rest were quality and malone made us look much more of a threat going forward and did some great goal saving tackles, sav,hutch and Mitchell deserve special mentions aswell 👏🏻