Millwall v Cambridge United in the Cobblers Cup

What was the name of that kid who single-handedly won us that Evening Standard Cup? I've tried googling it but I'm drawing a blank. I keep thinking his name was Trevor or Roger.
Which year? We've won it three times.

1.JPG

The Brentford game:

Couldn't give a toss about this Cup to be honest, rather we play some of are non starters for this match. Then on the other hand, you always want a winning momentum to continue.
Could be said it’s the easiest way to win a trophy and get to Wembley, albeit at the cost of promotion

I think it is about time they played the first round a week before the league starts, far better fixture than a meaningless friendly.
Good idea EA, however there is some irony in your post because for reasons that are beyond me we actually are playing this game a week early. All the other EFL Cup games are on next week. No doubt someone on here will know why :unsure:

Last edited:
This is NAD's take on the team.

Millwall predicted XI: 5-2-1-2: Long; Leonard, Cresswell, Evans, Wallace, Topalloj; Saville, Mitchell; Burey; Olaofe, Bennett

What was the name of that kid who single-handedly won us that Evening Standard Cup? I've tried googling it but I'm drawing a blank. I keep thinking his name was Trevor or Roger.
1983 v Brentford
Millwall’s hero on the night was a young seventeen-year-old Roger Wynter who not only ran rings around experienced pro’s but impressed the watching England manager Bobby Robson. Who excitingly asked ‘Is he English?’ Reporter Michael Hart commented. ‘Wynter had the pace and vision to take up good positions and the skill to beat defenders in one-against one situation.’ Bobby Robson voted Wynter ‘Player of the night.’ Further saying ‘What I liked about him was his patience, he was never hurried, took time and made sure with his shots.’