Millwall Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in December we was told millwall had a list of players that we was going to be after to improve the team. We are now less than a week away from the transfer window closing and we have bid on two players and got knocked back on both. Since then we have signed one player on loan. We have Jed who we don’t know if he is staying or going. Our transfer policy must be the worst in the championship when it comes to signing players. We also let two players leave last week smith and bod. Someone upstairs whether it is jb our ceo or Harvey bussell has been told there is no money available for players. When you think a few games ago we was eighth in the league and we needed a few good players to push us on instead we have not moved foreword but have gone backwards yet again. If you look at Blackburn last season they were calling for tony mowberys head. They sign two good players one being a goal scorer and look where they are now. Imagine if they had Bradley dack fit they would probably be top. Can someone please tell me why millwall don’t seem bothered about trying for the top six. I do know we have several players injured but so do other teams. We really need a solution.

Can someone please tell me why millwall don’t seem bothered about trying for the top six.

Multiple threads on this already.
Most agree we don't have the financial clout to break the top 6 on purchase power alone.
Some think recalling younger players from the leagues below is a good idea.
Some wonder we haven't been able to find a Harris, Morison, Gregory from the lower leagues like we have done in the past.
Some think a new manager bounce and change of tactics and approach is all we need.
All valid points.

As for the transfer policy, we can have targets, doesn't mean they will happen.
I cant believe Oli Burke was just conjured up without being on a list so we have landed one of our targets I would say?

Nope, said in another thread we will sign fucking no one, happens all the time we offered over a million and it falls through blah blah blah, remember Jamal Lowe and the big Welsh lump striker, bids knocked back that were apparently 1-2 million, offered Turkish fucking lira that’s why

Load of bollox, only recently we beat our transfer record for Goddard and that was back in the 90’s !!! Club take the piss and think we are stupid

The problem is that Burke wasn't a planned signing. We were going for players (like the Dutch attacking mids) that were playing for their clubs and negotiations were taking a long time. With the injuries that have been piling up in the last few weeks, time wasn't something we had and so Burke (not playing for his club and looking to leave) had to come in as a stop gap and we'll look to sign our long term targets in the summer. Rowett pretty much said this in an interview last week. This may change if Burke starts banging goals in from all angles, but the real business is happening in the summer now unfortunately. May see a few more loans and contracts until the end of the season to tide us over in the coming days.

Why was this thread started? 🤷‍♂️

At this stage any new “transfer” thread should identify players acquired or gone 🙏

Anything else is wasting our time again ! 🤦‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online