Millwall in the eighties- your memories

P
Seem to remember that story.

I don't think it made the front page of the Southwark News, mate!

Think it was 82, may have been 81 - somewhere around Christmas/New Year.

My brother-in-law (may he rest in peace) was a Gooner.

His mate developed the Boleyn flu, so he asked if I fancied it.

Been drinking since mid-morning, Arsenal won, so Ged got a bit mouthy - gave a bunch of Vermin kids a roasting from the top of a bus.

We arrived on The Island and made our way through the Tunnel; a couple minutes later 30 Vermin kids came running after us. I assumed their had jumped on the following bus.

We manage to iron out the first half a dozen, but once you have a couple of kid on your back and you end on the ground it's more or less game over.

We got a good kicking and Ged ended up with a broken hand dislocated shoulder.

At the time they lived in a flat behind The Princess of Wales in Blackheath - my sister thought we had been hit by a car when we walked in.

:wagging:

P

I don't think it made the front page of the Southwark News, mate!

Think it was 82, may have been 81 - somewhere around Christmas/New Year.

My brother-in-law (may he rest in peace) was a Gooner.

His mate developed the Boleyn flu, so he asked if I fancied it.

Been drinking since mid-morning, Arsenal won, so Ged got a bit mouthy - gave a bunch of Vermin kids a roasting from the top of a bus.

We arrived on The Island and made our way through the Tunnel; a couple minutes later 30 Vermin kids came running after us. I assumed their had jumped on the following bus.

We manage to iron out the first half a dozen, but once you have a couple of kid on your back and you end on the ground it's more or less game over.

We got a good kicking and Ged ended up with a broken hand dislocated shoulder.

At the time they lived in a flat behind The Princess of Wales in Blackheath - my sister thought we had been hit by a car when we walked in.

:wagging:
Ok mate. Shit happens. Someone did post something once about getting done in that tunnel. Probably not you. It's a likely spot for it.

loads of great memories but 3 times that i cant get anyone else to recall , wolves away when they come out of a pub across from the train station what was a very basic bus station back then , one of ours broke his wrist / elbow falling not great for us as we were early but not battered , and Plymouth away kin sure they come at us up a hill on a roundabout , and Leicester , we lifted the barriers and caused chaos may have left a tad early ???

How about kiddiminster fa cup , got there early meet some wall who gave us some free tickets, very nice, got in the ground & everybody were throwing um around like confetti wolves turned up at the end of the game, party time
Swindon a night game went in there end ran um every where,
After the game going back to our car we follow a little firm in to a park there going to brick the train, we waited got some timber and steamed in to um just as the train went by, must have been fkn good watch as we were well out numbered but ran um clubbed a fair few

How about kiddiminster fa cup , got there early meet some wall who gave us some free tickets, very nice, got in the ground & everybody were throwing um around like confetti wolves turned up at the end of the game, party time
Swindon a night game went in there end ran um every where,
After the game going back to our car we follow a little firm in to a park there going to brick the train, we waited got some timber and steamed in to um just as the train went by, must have been fkn good watch as we were well out numbered but ran um clubbed a fair few
Kidderminster after the game in that car park outside their ground, they came up that alleyway in between the new builds, proper went off with wolves that day, and before the game in the town centre .

qpr away 87 I think after the game walking from ground bunch of young pricks start launching bricks and all sorts at us from behind a fence, quite a few of us were up and over the fence and into them they didn't know what hit em. Anyway my mate Dean comes bowling over screaming about letting them go they're to young to bother about when half a brick hits him in the side of the head, I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life,

qpr away 87 I think after the game walking from ground bunch of young pricks start launching bricks and all sorts at us from behind a fence, quite a few of us were up and over the fence and into them they didn't know what hit em. Anyway my mate Dean comes bowling over screaming about letting them go they're to young to bother about when half a brick hits him in the side of the head, I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life,
How old was the brick :grinning:

To top it off he got nicked that night as well, all he wanted to do was get back to the elephant and castle (charley chaplin pub) where we'd all agreed to meet up for a drink.
Good story that. Think I was at that one and a mob of theirs got chased and slapped in the seats but I was just a tourist then.

The look of panic on the local OB's faces as the specials emptied out on the platform & being in the home end as the teams came out, knowing it was about to get interesting. In an academic way of course. :grinning: