Midfielder

albertrn

We need a Rodri type player who can dominate the midfield pick a pass out and weigh in with a dozen or so goals during the Season.

I think Woods who we had a couple of seasons ago is the "Championship version" of a Rodri type player. Sit back and is somewhat of an Anchor man (Yes potentially a W*nker man too). Pick out passes and chip in with a goal here and there.

Just sadly didn't work out.

Whenever Woods would play against us, I use to think he was the missing piece in our jigsaw for our team.

I think Woods who we had a couple of seasons ago is the "Championship version" of a Rodri type player. Sit back and is somewhat of an Anchor man (Yes potentially a W*nker man too). Pick out passes and chip in with a goal here and there.

Just sadly didn't work out.

Whenever Woods would play against us, I use to think he was the missing piece in our jigsaw for our team.

When he was with us we were playing a back 5, everyone mugged him off for playing sideways but most the the team were either behind or beside him! He would probably look better in todays team.

Barnsleys Luca Connell is an excellent player. Many years ahead of him still. Not afraid of a tackle, passes the ball well and has a wand of a left foot.

Great idea, I’m sure that hasn’t crossed the managers mind at all. All we need now is the several million pounds to buy this yet unnamed unknown midfield maestro.
Not necessarily!

Flemming’s signing has hopefully shown Rowett and JB that bargains can be had when looking abroad for the right player. The Dutch have always had a good pedigree when it comes to producing great midfielders/forwards, so maybe Flemming, who came from a Dutch league himself, may know one or two Dutch players that he could give GR and JB a heads up about? There might even be some other nationalities, who played in the Dutch divisions when Flemming did, who he thinks might be worth a punt on!

Its already got to the stage where clubs in leagues 1 and 2, thinking they have a talent on their books, are asking ridiculous sums of money when a Prem or Championship club is suddenly linked with their player! The player in question might have only had one good previous season with the club, but that won’t matter to them if they can get another club (usually one just relegated from the Prem), who have the wealth and view £5M as nothing more than loose change!

For Millwall, £5M is a huge amount to spend on a player who may or may not be able to replicate again what they did in the previous season, so it’s more of a massive gamble for JB who could be better off spending that £5M on two or three players from abroad! Wall supporters have already had a season where they can see how much more refined Flemming’s football has been, compared to some of the midfield cloggers playing in other Championship teams, so a few more additions like him and we could have ourselves a team that not only plays exceptional football, but might get us automatic promotion to the Prem in the very near future (assuming we don’t get promotion this season!)

Woods not a Rodri type. So discounted. Rodri type would control the middle spread passes all over the pitch have a fantastic shot and is brilliant in the air. Scouts this is your mission find this player and hurry up about it.