Mid season summary

I was not a Rowett out merchant, but didn't enjoy our football for long periods. I actually do at the moment, even though we look vulnerable at times. I personally think the loans will be better, as someone in the know advised me that some were reluctant to come due to the style we were playing. I also note less supporters leave before the end as we are now a threat, and not just hanging on. B+

I want anyone associated with Millwall to succeed and I'm no different when it comes to Edwards. I just think there's a bit of the Emperor's new clothes going on.

He has been in charge for 15 games so far. Won 4 Drawn 4 Lost 7.

I also couldn't give a shit how we play. I like results.

I want anyone associated with Millwall to succeed and I'm no different when it comes to Edwards. I just think there's a bit of the Emperor's new clothes going on.

Injuries, suspension and refereeing decisions costing us points. Give him a break. Or buy him some luck, even a little bit.

I thought I'd update this stat. 16 games W 4 D 4 L 8.

Also just read that Palarse are considering sacking Woy because and I quote "disastrous run of just four wins in their past 17 league matches."

Also just read that Palarse are considering sacking Woy because and I quote "disastrous run of just four wins in their past 17 league matches."
Granted it’s not good, very different positions though.

For Millwall, this is about survival & a rebuild. Palace seemed to think they were going up the table opposed to down it this season.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up. Playing with a lone striker doesn't work. Rowett to tried it to death. Strange thing is I don't believe Edwards wants to, but seems unwilling to change. Surely when you' re losing you need to try something different.

I think Edwards is possibly the right manager but at the wrong time. He really has been chucked in at the deep end. He did say he'd watched quite a few of our games so he knew what he was taking on. He knew the team/players strengths and weaknesses.

There's clearly been improvements in certain areas but not in results. We probably don't have enough capable players to play how Edwards wants. I'm not sure trying to change to much whilst in a relegation scrap is a great idea.

Edwards has taken on a very tough test. No managerial experience, used to coaching elite players that are blessed with technical ability. We have first teamers that were bought and coached by both Hariss and Rowett and who were drilled to play a certain way. It's very basic but effective. Rowett was aware of that and acknowledged that when explaining why we played the way we did. He alluded to not having four Jeds or being blessed with creative players.

Dare i suggest he does what the last manager did, apply some common sense and play to the players strengths until we have enough points on the board. It might not be as good watch but it'll give us and Edwards another season in this league.

I think Edwards is possibly the right manager but at the wrong time. He really has been chucked in at the deep end. He did say he'd watched quite a few of our games so he knew what he was taking on. He knew the team/players strengths and weaknesses.

There's clearly been improvements in certain areas but not in results. We probably don't have enough capable players to play how Edwards wants. I'm not sure trying to change to much whilst in a relegation scrap is a great idea.

Edwards has taken on a very tough test. No managerial experience, used to coaching elite players that are blessed with technical ability. We have first teamers that were bought and coached by both Hariss and Rowett and who were drilled to play a certain way. It's very basic but effective. Rowett was aware of that and acknowledged that when explaining why we played the way we did. He alluded to not having four Jeds or being blessed with creative players.

Dare i suggest he does what the last manager did, apply some common sense and play to the players strengths until we have enough points on the board. It might not be as good watch but it'll give us and Edwards another season in this league.
The last paragraph. 👊

Doesn't matter how you dress it up. Playing with a lone striker doesn't work. Rowett to tried it to death. Strange thing is I don't believe Edwards wants to, but seems unwilling to change. Surely when you' re losing you need to try something different.
It doesn't help if you don't actually have more than one fit striker at a time though does it?
Bradshaw, Nisbet, Emakhu, Watmore have all had multiple injuries already this season.

We have seen since Joe‘s arrival that the passing has got way better. Players who we weren’t sure about (Cooper, Hutch etc.) can now actually pass out from the back with reasonable ease. There is a lot less route 1 and head tennis football. Our link up play is better. Tactics? Not sure if we have any, but we are certainly creating more chances on goal than we did previously.

Our biggest problem is we’re not converting those chances, and to compound on that we have had a lot of bad luck, injuries and shit referees, which hasn’t helped. I also think the players are less scared playing at The Den now, and our heads don’t always drop as soon as we go a goal behind. So, for all of the above, I would give Joe a B+
Not sure I agree about the penultimate sentence. 🤔

I'd give JE an E- he's way out of his fkg depth. I know you all fkg hate me for being so "negative" but the manager we should have appointed has just been appointed manager of fkg Charlton. He wanted our gig and we mugged him off. He will oversee their first fkg victory over us for 30 fkg years.

And you all fkg berate me?

Wtf? It's payback time and we have let this happen.

But no, I am the fkg outlier idiot cnut

I'd give JE an E- he's way out of his fkg depth. I know you all fkg hate me for being so "negative" but the manager we should have appointed has just been appointed manager of fkg Charlton. He wanted our gig and we mugged him off. He will oversee their first fkg victory over us for 30 fkg years.

And you all fkg berate me?

Wtf? It's payback time and we have let this happen.

But no, I am the fkg outlier idiot cnut
😂😂

Made me laugh but it is an over reaction.

I still wouldn’t want Jones personally.

Injuries, suspension and refereeing decisions costing us points. Give him a break. Or buy him some luck, even a little bit.
Don't think that injuries, etc can be used as an excuse. All clubs have them and Edwards is no different to Rowett in that regard.

The football is easier on the eye under Edwards but, unfortunately, the results are worse.

When Edwards was appointed, my view was that we should appraise his performance after 12 months (October '24) i.e. after 2 transfer windows and +/-10 games of the 24/25 season. However, that was on the proviso that we remain in the C'ship. Hopefully, we can manage to do so, but I'm not betting the house on it.

Not sure I agree about the penultimate sentence. 🤔
Yeah, reading my post back, I can see what you mean, although I will say that there have been some games at home where heads haven’t dropped, and obviously some games where they have. So a mixture, really.

End of the day, regardless of how good or bad we play, we just have to hope that QPR stay 3rd from bottom and we’ll be safe for another season. After that, we can look forward to a summer clear out (hopefully) with some players moving on out of contract, and some players moving on for a fee.