McCleary, Carter and Sheringham on promotion.

Interesting what they say about wages being linked to crowd bonuses and the Den looking packed and the attendance then stated to be 14,000.

I always thought that. There were some games that season the Den was absolutely rammed. Norwich at home for one. The attendance given that day was given as 13,687. It was never, ever that.

The Liverpool game in midweek was also packed. There were people watching from the walkway in between the halfway line and the CBL because there was nowhere else to stand.

he Liverpool game in midweek was also packed. There were people watching from the walkway in between the halfway line and the CBL because there was nowhere else to stand.
It was that game that decided me to get a season ticket in the seats.
I could not get my usual spot behind the goal in the CBL. I was on the floodlight pylon in the top corner.
I was in my early thirties and the time. I remember thinking I'm too old for all this climbing just to watch a football match.

I could not get my usual spot behind the goal in the CBL. I was on the floodlight pylon in the top corner.
I was in my early thirties and the time. I remember thinking I'm too old for all this climbing just to watch a football match.

Interesting what they say about wages being linked to crowd bonuses and the Den looking packed and the attendance then stated to be 14,000.

I always thought that. There were some games that season the Den was absolutely rammed. Norwich at home for one. The attendance given that day was given as 13,687. It was never, ever that.

The Liverpool game in midweek was also packed. There were people watching from the walkway in between the halfway line and the CBL because there was nowhere else to stand.
That game against Liverpool was mental, so loud, I fell over on the walk way at the end of the game trying to get out, could have been very nasty!!

Couldn’t you sort a Simon Snorkel BP.?

And yet Ted still gets called a c**t. Absolute legend for me.
Can never get my nut around the ill will towards him. So what if he played for the vermin years later, he ain't a Wall supporter and owed us fuck all. The geezer brought nothing but joy for me for and gave us some of the best life long memories that i still cherish today.

Would always buy him a pint if the chance arouse. He's a legend in my book too, i can't hate a bloke the helped write one of our clubs the most successful chapters. I celebrated when he scored for England as well. Top professional!!

I wish him all the best.

Can never get my nut around the ill will towards him. So what if he played for the vermin years later, he ain't a Wall supporter and owed us fuck all. The geezer brought nothing but joy for me for and gave us some of the best life long memories that i still cherish today.

Would always buy him a pint if the chance arouse. He's a legend in my book too, i can't hate a bloke the helped write one of our clubs the most successful chapters. I celebrated when he scored for England as well. Top professional!!

I wish him all the best.
I have never read an interview from him where he has ever slagged the club or the fans, even now when he gets so much stick.

As stated earlier in the thread, he stayed when many others couldn’t wait to leave and did his upmost to try and get us promoted again.

So glad he went on to have the career that he did.

What a fantastic couple of seasons that was especially the away games Old Trafford , Anfield, St James. to name a few. Days out and games with mates no longer with us I'll remember forever,
I promised my son I’d take him to Old Trafford and Anfield.

Managed Old Trafford but Anfield clashed with him sitting his Wilson’s Grammar School at 11:00 in Sutton. I spent ages trying to work out how we could get from Sutton to Anfield in 2.5 hours but it was never a goer so we watched the match at The Den.

Big regret not going to Anfield but my son passed with flying colours which set him up for life so we made the right decision 👍

I have never read an interview from him where he has ever slagged the club or the fans, even now when he gets so much stick.

As stated earlier in the thread, he stayed when many others couldn’t wait to leave and did his upmost to try and get us promoted again.

So glad he went on to have the career that he did.
Agree with you both, best player I've seen in a wall shirt and overcame a tough start too

Members online