Matt Smith still knocking them in

The club cannot afford 10 m strikers.
Hardly breaking news and i'm not sure anyone has said different but why him all of a sudden? He hasn't played in league one yet and he's being touted as a championship one. The step up is huge. Why do you think he's still at Stockport and not been snapped up by a league one side?

Hardly breaking news and i'm not sure anyone has said different but why him all of a sudden? He hasn't played in league one yet and he's being touted as a championship one. The step up is huge. Why do you think he's still at Stockport and not been snapped up by a league one side?
Bored with this conversation, you have your opinion I have mine, let’s leave it at that.

Not hindsight for me either, and I was never a Harris critic. I thought we moved him on to soon. But I guess Rowett wanted to bring in his old Derby players.

Fair enough, I also knew he was a good fit for us having seen him cause us problems before. I think you are wrong about Rowett though, Smith wanted to move back north for family reasons and has been extremely complimentary about Rowett, JB and the club in facilitating his wishes and retains a good relationship with all involved.

Fair enough, I also knew he was a good fit for us having seen him cause us problems before. I think you are wrong about Rowett though, Smith wanted to move back north for family reasons and has been extremely complimentary about Rowett, JB and the club in facilitating his wishes and retains a good relationship with all involved.
Really didn’t know that. Anyway thought he put in a good shift for us, and to see he is still scoring

I thought we moved him on to soon. But I guess Rowett wanted to bring in his old Derby players.
Don't the likes of Pep and Klopp- all managers bring in players they've previously managed? Isn't that a bit of an urban myth about Derby players? Albeit a few loans which managers tend to do and go for tried and trusted ( in their book ) Rowett took over an ageing squad and went about changing that and with players that were much more technically adept then what he inherited. Those players he loaned and bought in had us 45 minutes away from the play offs so he must have done something right unless that was someone elses fault too!

First time in years we actually have sellable assets. The best manager we've had in years. Gates up, younger players signed, top six and the geezer was cunted and hounded out. Take a fucking bow :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Smith wanted to move back north for family reasons and has been extremely complimentary about Rowett, JB and the club in facilitating his wishes and retains a good relationship with all involved.
This is true and left with the clubs blessing. He was doing a degree and wanted to step back a bit from the hustle and bustle of the championship and the time that it eats away. It was Mr Berylson that supported and advised him on his next career move which happened to be outside of football. The pair were in regular contact until and up to Mr Berylsons passing.

This is true and left with the clubs blessing. He was doing a degree and wanted to step back a bit from the hustle and bustle of the championship and the time that it eats away. It was Mr Berylson that supported and advised him on his next career move which happened to be outside of football. The pair were in regular contact until and up to Mr Berylsons passing.

The more you read and hear about JB in little snippets like this the more you realise just what a remarkable man he was. Putting everything he done for our club on a business level to one side even how he cared for everyone in and around the club shows the humility of our beloved late chairman.

I always thought that maybe our stuttering early season form was in part due to the manager, coaching and playing staff struggling to come to terms with his loss and that is something that seems to be often overlooked by the critics.

I always thought that maybe our stuttering early season form was in part due to the manager, coaching and playing staff struggling to come to terms with his loss and that is something that seems to be often overlooked by the critics.
No doubt it would have had an impact. They got a lot of stick for the Bristol game which i thought was very harsh given the circumstances.

Don't the likes of Pep and Klopp- all managers bring in players they've previously managed? Isn't that a bit of an urban myth about Derby players? Albeit a few loans which managers tend to do and go for tried and trusted ( in their book ) Rowett took over an ageing squad and went about changing that and with players that were much more technically adept then what he inherited. Those players he loaned and bought in had us 45 minutes away from the play offs so he must have done something right unless that was someone elses fault too!

First time in years we actually have sellable assets. The best manager we've had in years. Gates up, younger players signed, top six and the geezer was cunted and hounded out. Take a fucking bow :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
True I thought Rowett was a great manager for us, I wasn’t knocking him. And completely understand why he brought In player’s he knows..