Match Thread PRESTON V Millwall

Next three games are all winnable. But we need to win them all to be in with a chance come the last game of the season
They are Wippa but so were Preston and Swansea. Bit of a barmy league though and to have a sniff with 4 games to go is beyond any of our expectations. Someone always ends the season like a train and nicks a play off spot. Considering we haven't been in the play offs all season, the smart money's on us being that team this year.

Remaining games

Sheffield United play - Fulham - QPR - Cardiff - Bristol City
Notts Forest play - West Brom - Peterborough - Fulham - Bournemouth

Can see points dropped by both teams before this is over

If anyone has a few hours to kill, we might as well throw the rest of the stat wankery in as well.
:grinning:

Some interesting games to be played with plenty of points to be dropped.

Middlesbrough...

1.JPG
Blackburn...

2.JPG

Coventry...

3.JPG
Huddersfield...

5.JPG

Luton...

4.JPG

Last edited:
Just imagine if Luton do go up via the playoffs, that shanty town of a ground in the Premier, those pampered players will go into meltdown, bet the away changing room is proper old school, tiny, heating turned up and just about enough room to get changed in.

Just imagine if Luton do go up via the playoffs, that shanty town of a ground in the Premier, those pampered players will go into meltdown, bet the away changing room is proper old school, tiny, heating turned up and just about enough room to get changed in.
That’s if they can afford the electric!!

Today typified our season. Some good performances, some bad but overall very positive as we now expect to beat teams we used to lose to.

I have a very balanced view of most things, and Millwall especially. We’re progressing slowly which is good enough for me and if it takes another 3 years to really push for automatic then so be it. It’s all about progress. Just look at our squad versus 3 years ago.

Chalk and cheese.

WTF do we need to score?
“Just as the Millwall fans were getting on striker Benik Afobe's back he nearly poked home but was denied by an amazing Daniel Iversen save.

The goalkeeper stood up and saved from Jed Wallace and Danny McNamara from close range to complete a stunning triple save, before the ball ended up on the edge of the Preston penalty area where Maikel Kieftenbeld curled one on to the outside of a post”

WTF do we need to score?
“Just as the Millwall fans were getting on striker Benik Afobe's back he nearly poked home but was denied by an amazing Daniel Iversen save.

The goalkeeper stood up and saved from Jed Wallace and Danny McNamara from close range to complete a stunning triple save, before the ball ended up on the edge of the Preston penalty area where Maikel Kieftenbeld curled one on to the outside of a post”
We were so unlucky not to get a goal from that flurry. They threw everything at the ball to keep it out.

Played us off the park! 🤣🤣🤣
Lowe is deluded if he truly believes that!

Its one thing to big up your own players to keep spirits high in a squad, it’s another when a manager says something that doesn’t have a total grip on reality!

I mean, who would want a manager like that?

Wait… 🤣

Lowe is deluded if he truly believes that!

Its one thing to big up your own players to keep spirits high in a squad, it’s another when a manager says something that doesn’t have a total grip on reality!

I mean, who would want a manager like that?

Wait… 🤣
I always love it when opposition managers talk like that.
They certainly COULD have had 3 or 4 more goals.
There were times when they got into fantastic positions but then made wrong decisions or a poor pass to finish the chance.

So, yes Mr. Lowe your team could have had 3 or 4 more goals...IF YOUR PLAYERS WERE GOOD ENOUGH, BUT THEY WEREN'T.

Players miss chances. If they didn't we'd see many more 10 all draws than we do.
If we had put away all of our chances this season, we'd have been promoted by now.