Match thread moaners and Just back whiners

Ilderton Wanderer

Give it a fucking rest, please. For a support that loves to blow smoke up its own mythical arse about how loyal and passionate they are there isn’t much evidence of it going round in the bizarre world of internet Millwall fans.

Not so long ago when were regularly getting ironed out by the likes of Bradford, Bolton, Southend and Ipswich all I used to read was that we didn’t care about results all we wanted was a competent manager and a set of players that would go out and have a pop and give 100%. Well this current team of honest grafters do that and more in bundles, week in week out. That’s good enough for me.

The squad admittedly might not be ready for the premier league but some of the fans are with the constant whining, blaming refs, slagging the manager, cunting players, oddball conspiracy theories, and incessant nerdy nonsense about formations.

We are right in the play off mix with half a dozen games to go. These are good days, they probably won’t last so let’s enjoy it while we can. Rant over, see you at Hull if you’re going.

Makes me laugh when they start shitting themselves about whether or not we make the play offs. If we do it's a miracle on our budget, Preston and Blackburn have horrible run ins and we are in the box seat. Said 3 or 4 weeks back that 2 points out of West Brom and Luton would be a good return. As for the play offs, if it happens it happens but regardless, we have had a much better season than some of the self appointed big boys like West Brom, Norwich, Watford, QPR, Reading, Swansea etc etc.

The thing is we are effective but can be as dull as ditchwater to watch - especially on a stream at home. When you are there, there is all the tension, but following it on a stream must be fucking painful at times.

Give it a fucking rest, please. For a support that loves to blow smoke up its own mythical arse about how loyal and passionate they are there isn’t much evidence of it going round in the bizarre world of internet Millwall fans.

Not so long ago when were regularly getting ironed out by the likes of Bradford, Bolton, Southend and Ipswich all I used to read was that we didn’t care about results all we wanted was a competent manager and a set of players that would go out and have a pop and give 100%. Well this current team of honest grafters do that and more in bundles, week in week out. That’s good enough for me.

The squad admittedly might not be ready for the premier league but some of the fans are with the constant whining, blaming refs, slagging the manager, cunting players, oddball conspiracy theories, and incessant nerdy nonsense about formations.

We are right in the play off mix with half a dozen games to go. These are good days, they probably won’t last so let’s enjoy it while we can. Rant over, see you at Hull if you’re going.
Good post ilderton, needs saying. We are having a great season but you wouldn’t think so reading some of the shit on here and listening to some of the fuckin divs that go now.

Play offs ,…It always goes down to the last game, for us to have 1 or 2 point cushion going into that you got to accept.
Rowett got the tactics right snuffing out Luton’s play, problem is they defend very well.
Still have effectively a 4 point cushion on Preston , Norwich have Hanley out of action, Coventry may be the team to worry about.
3 points at Hull on Monday will settle the nerves.

For the older generation that have supported wall (including myself at 46 now) we have been through tough times, financially, performance wise, chairman, move from the holy grail to Zampa Road, managers and the constant media reports, not forgetting Sky sports. Look at some of the clubs that were around us a few years back, Southend, Scunthorpe who are out of the league and potentially out of business. For our budget against a league where 60% of the clubs have been in the prem in the last 3-5 years we are punching well above our weight. Yes it’s frustrating to watch at times and we cannot expect to be a Fulham or Burnley and to be honest I don’t want some owner coming along throwing millions in and changing my club. If we make the playoffs so be it great season and we have a chance, if not we go again next session with much of the same, I would take that all day long, we don’t want to be a Fulham nor a Southend so we are where we want to be and should just look how well our club is run and how as supporters we have a club that we are proud of.

Rowett out....No. But I agree it is painful to watch at the moment. Yesterday's tactic of switching to 5 at the back was puzzling, not using Watmore baffling, but it's the Rowett-caution first- way and who can argue it's not effective. There is no way on earth we are a Premiership side but with our players they would fight and scrap for the right to be there and as we all know the money it provides is the key to success. For now let's enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

This....100%. We've been finishing in a better position these last lot of seasons, with a stronger, harder grafting side. Good morale, a hopefully happy dressing room, and the club is being run sensibly.
What more could we ask for?
If we don't make the play offs, isn't there always next year?
I'd love it if we got a blast at Wembley, but I'm not going to be ringing the Samaritans if we don't. I'm not even convinced that promotion to the Premiership, apart from the financial aspect, would be a good thing for our club.
I'm just happy to be part of the "brotherhood".

Rowett out....No. But I agree it is painful to watch at the moment. Yesterday's tactic of switching to 5 at the back was puzzling, not using Watmore baffling, but it's the Rowett-caution first- way and who can argue it's not effective. There is no way on earth we are a Premiership side but with our players they would fight and scrap for the right to be there and as we all know the money it provides is the key to success. For now let's enjoy the rollercoaster ride.
Where was there 5 at the back? Malone came on for Hutchinson.
Where was the caution first? it took them nearly 30 minutes, same as Norwich ,to have a shot, up to then it was us controlling the game.
We do have a problem breaking down teams content with 0-0 when they play 3 cb's along with 3 central midfielders who are always behind the ball, ironically it was a similar system that Rowett was playing last season when we had a good run.

Where was there 5 at the back? Malone came on for Hutchinson.
Where was the caution first? it took them nearly 30 minutes, same as Norwich ,to have a shot, up to then it was us controlling the game.
We do have a problem breaking down teams content with 0-0 when they play 3 cb's along with 3 central midfielders who are always behind the ball, ironically it was a similar system that Rowett was playing last season when we had a good run.
First it was Danny Mac, Lennie, Coops, Wallace and Malone and then Lennie went off and it was Shacks, Danny Mac, Coops, Wallace and Malone. You could argue it was 3 at the back but it was definitely a five. Exactly Luton created nothing but Rowett wasn't going to concede. I do get it it is Rowett's way and yes it has worked and is still working because we are still in the play-offs but I did feel for Bradshaw who was totally isolated and spent the game feeding off of scraps. I do realise Rowett is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't but he is the boss and plays it his way.

Best post I've read in a while :bow:

Makes me laugh when they start shitting themselves about whether or not we make the play offs. If we do it's a miracle on our budget, Preston and Blackburn have horrible run ins and we are in the box seat. Said 3 or 4 weeks back that 2 points out of West Brom and Luton would be a good return. As for the play offs, if it happens it happens but regardless, we have had a much better season than some of the self appointed big boys like West Brom, Norwich, Watford, QPR, Reading, Swansea etc etc.

The thing is we are effective but can be as dull as ditchwater to watch - especially on a stream at home. When you are there, there is all the tension, but following it on a stream must be fucking painful at times.

The thing is mate modern football is mostly boring as fuck these days, it’s not just a Millwall or Rowett thing. The game is so tactical now, sitting where I do in block 4 it’s like watching a chess match sometimes when neither team want to commit.

Players are spending nearly as much time in classrooms studying opposition strengths and weaknesses as they do on the training pitch. Absolutely everything is science led where players are constantly monitored and assessed down to the last detail. It’s all very robotic.

Gone are the days when every week the same eleven players would smoke a quick snout in the changing room then run out to take a couple of shots at the keeper and get on with a blood and thunder 90 minutes playing 4-4-fucking-2. Those that don’t like the way Rowett sets up the side can wish for a different manager all they want but all we are ever going to get is a manager that does things the same way but very likely nowhere near as effectively.

If some think GR is boring then spare a thought for Luton fans, they have only scored more than 2 goals in 3 league games this season, binary scores of 1-0 1-1.
Yesterday I did expect a win but not surprised it was a draw, a frustrating day at the office with some off day performances from a couple of individuals, still within a good shout for a p/o spot...👍

The only thing that frustrated me was the delay in making the subs. Should have been done at 60 minutes. The real fact is that after 3 seasons of really dire football, this season has been generally much better. Rowett has finally realised what we want as fans. We simply can't go out and roll teams over every week and sometimes you have to choose your battles with so many games in a short space if time. We missed Honeyman in there, presumably he's carrying a knock and I still think we miss Billy Mitchell ticking everything over in the middle. 10 points from 6 will be enough.