Match thread Millwall v Middlesbrough

There are some things he may improve but it’s his brainpower, work ethic and attitude that’s lacking and I honestly don’t think that will change.

When I think of the abuse AOB use to get, but compared to Burey he was a robust Goliath of a player!
or the abuse afobe gets for a few bumbles compared to bradshaw who i am sorry would still be runnign around now like a blue arsed fly and not score.

we cannot just rely on blood and guts in this division.

People should remember that Burey (correct me if I'm wrong) is a forward, and is being asked to play out wide.
Bradshaw and Afobe are forwards and, despite their obvious weaknesses, both work hard and put in a shift. Burey doesn’t 🤷‍♂️

GR’s substitution policy this season has been pretty consistent (i.e. make changes after 60 minutes) but Burey’s performance yesterday was so poor he was hooked off before the 60th minute.

In my best part of 70 years watching the Lions I cannot remember an occasion when a player looked so lazy and disinterested :shake:

Last edited:
You must be fun on a night out

Was not that bad, we defended well, they had 1 shot from outside the box that long saved easily, we looked solid and a different team from a few weeks back, everyone putting there foot in and going forward more then sideways today, not the best game ever but improvement
Everyone except Burey... embarrassing

Burey is a good player and has the potential to be even better. One of the few players in our squad that can go past defenders on the outside and get the opposition backing off giving us more space to work with.

Apart from the last couple of games he has played really well. Yesterday, I think he wasn’t right mentally and was all over the place. Hopefully that can get sorted and he can have a good season.

Burey is an out and out attacker and did well on loan as a centre forward (Probably in a 2 not as a lone striker). In a 4231 he is being asked to do defensive duties which he is not great at (yet) and perhaps there is a stamina issue. I like him and think he is a good youngster with time to improve. At this point I would rather have him coming off the bench to the attack to help change a game.

Burey is an out and out attacker and did well on loan as a centre forward (Probably in a 2 not as a lone striker). In a 4231 he is being asked to do defensive duties which he is not great at (yet) and perhaps there is a stamina issue. I like him and think he is a good youngster with time to improve. At this point I would rather have him coming off the bench to the attack to help change a game.
Agreed. Imo Burey should either be played as an old-fashioned winger - which is almost certainly a luxury that we cannot afford - or through the middle. He has all the basic attributes: good first touch, difficult to knock off the ball, bit of pace, not afraid to shoot.

Although he played poorly yesterday there were the occasional glimpses of him linking up well with Fleming.

Bradshaw and Afobe are forwards and, despite their obvious weaknesses, both work hard and put in a shift. Burey doesn’t 🤷‍♂️

GR’s substitution policy this season has been pretty consistent (i.e. make changes after 60 minutes) but Burey’s performance yesterday was so poor he was hooked off before the 60th minute.

In my best part of 70 years watching the Lions I cannot remember an occasion when a player looked so lazy and disinterested :shake:
I'm surprised he came out for the second half

Last edited by a moderator: