Match thread Millwall v Cardiff

Most managers are legendary then, it's what most of them do for the first dozen or so games at the start of a season. Sunderland at their gaff, are likely to be a totally different challenge altogether than the Welsh powderpuff mob Moro turned up with.

Expect changes, that's how football is played theses days...and with five subs now available, that means even more options, so a strong bench is needed for teams. As it happens, I think we're okay on that front. The strongest for ages.

What formula don't you want to change? The starting eleven or the finishing eleven? Or the tactical set up? Which I think changed during the match anyway. I'm not being facetious, it's a curious, genuine question.
:grinning:
I would just like to see Rowett start away to Sunderland with the same starting 11 that did so well against Cardiff. If Rowett brings on subs later in the game (as he did for the Cardiff game), then so be it!

Flemming and the Slammer need more game time, and working with the same team is going to attune themselves to that play, formation and speed of the Championship! Plus, as good as his goal was, I don’t think Afobe should start. I would say Flemming and the Slammer did enough yesterday to have another crack in next week’s starting 11.

Agreed!

However, Rowett’s tendency to change a winning formula for the next match is legendary! He has to resist doing that, and realise that the team and the formation he both picked yesterday works, and now needs the courage of his convictions to keep with it and use it next Saturday away to Sunderland!

If he does, it will give Flemming and Der Slammer much needed game time, as well as helping them to attune themselves to the play and flow of their fellow team mates, which in turn will hopefully get both of them lots of goals! If Styles’ performance yesterday wasn’t a one off, then we have a fantastic LWB who is going to cause havoc down the left side, and he may even weigh in with a few goals as well!

Having a settled side that can play high up the pitch for 90 minutes is going to get us more wins than draws or defeats this season. I’m convinced that had yesterday’s starting 11 played like that against Sheffield United, Swansea and Norwich, we’d have at least 6 or 7 more points on the board this season!

COYL!
Probably would of got more points in previous games. Thing is we won’t apply unnecessary pressure on our defence if our midfielders don’t give the ball away every time we go forward. With 4 midfielders keeping the ball and creating chances we won’t get quickly counter attacked.would mind betting our shot ratio goes up big time.4-1-4-1.

When I think back to that team in the late 80’s that got us promoted to the top flight, it barely changed from one week to the next. Times have indeed changed.
They have, many players used to be big drinkers and smokers. The game now is played at a much quicker pace, if you don't look after yourself and ain't fit you'll be quickly found out.

They were drinkers and smokers but they knew how to play football, the game is a lot quicker nowadays but is it better ? most of the time its like watching a Panto with better dives than the Olympic team, referees used to be more or less invisible now they think they are the lead role in a soap opera, never seen so many yellow and red cards for what used to be a "tackle" nowadays its farcical.

Say what you like about the older generation of football players, the basics back then were to be able to kick the ball with both feet with precision, to be able to head the ball, to be able to pass the ball to a team mate whilst under pressure and not to feign injury when taking a tackle, while getting paid fuck all.

This generation of "players" have never had it so good, they are protected on the pitch by over zealous officials, most can only play with one foot and they get paid a fortune for very little.

Who did you make your booking with?
No idea mate I'm fucked with tech one of my younger mates booked I think air b and b or something, be careful though we tried to,do the same at cambridge for a night out somehow found out we were wall and didnt want us in there swanky apartment for some reason

No idea mate I'm fucked with tech one of my younger mates booked I think air b and b or something, be careful though we tried to,do the same at cambridge for a night out somehow found out we were wall and didnt want us in there swanky apartment for some reason
They didn't want to have to clear up the half eaten babies that you would no doubt have left behind. 🦁

No worries. Checked Airbnb and no deal. Will be booking a hotel in the city centre tomorrow and will let you know.
Cheers mate 👍🙂

We're staying at:

Hampton by Hilton Newcastle

Baron House Neville Street , Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 5EN

Cheers mate

Members online