Match day thread v Sheffield Utd u21’sC

Nino Adom-Malaki has been our man of the match.

Chinwike Okoli, Boateng and Lawson also standing out.

Emakhu is very raw but you can see why we bought him.

Esse, although he hasn't has his best game and tends to dwell on the ball a bit too much, is the best player on the pitch.
Thought Lawson looked decent, had an eye for the pass forward and had a steady game.

Missed the first half hour. Decent game. Thought Brooks and their captain (Peck?) were excellent for them.

For us, they all put in a shift. Imo Malaki and Okoli look closest to stepping up. Boateng and Abdulmalik both have some real pace and potential. Smith did well as did the keeper, Wright (one cracking save). Thought Emakhu was poor even before the miss. Maybe just an off-day for him?

Anyway, congratulations to the squad and coaches. Excellent season. A trophy and only 3 defeats in 30 games.

I wonder how those kids can pass the ball to reach other while their elders can’t tell the color of the shirts. No aimless launches and no head tennis without purpose. It was a pleasure to watch.

I wonder how those kids can pass the ball to reach other while their elders can’t tell the color of the shirts. No aimless launches and no head tennis without purpose. It was a pleasure to watch.
Agree to a certain extent. At this level they can play with a little more flair, probably because it hasn’t been knocked out of them as the pro game is a lot tighter. That and some morons getting on their back for losing the ball.

Well done, lads, and congratulations to our Champions!

Champions! That word sounds really good when you say it aloud or write it down!

Right then, Rowett, first game of the new season, you need to play 2 up top: stick Boateng and Abdulmalik there and get rid of Bradshaw (he’ll never score that many goals in another season again), get rid of Billy and replace him with Lawson! Put Maliki in at left back (save JB a few million - bloke must be down to his last ten bucks by now), Hutch has had his day - too slow, so stick Okoli in there as his replacement!

Do that and we’ll be good to go!

Championship Champions 2023/2024 *

(if only it were that easy! :grinning:)

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates/ reports chaps. Future looks bright. Not a bad end to the season after all.

Harris out*
Indeed!

Now let’s hope the U21’s win can spark our first 11 into thinking they can achieve something similar by the end of next season - especially if a few from last night can make the jump into the 1st team and help them out! 🤣

”You can’t win anything with kids!” 🤣

Well done, lads, and congratulations to our Champions!

Champions! That word sounds really good when you say it aloud or write it down!

Right then, Rowett, first game of the new season, you need to play 2 up top: stick Boateng and Abdulmalik there and get rid of Bradshaw (he’ll never score that many goals in another season again), get rid of Billy and replace him with Lawson! Put Maliki in at left back (save JB a few million - bloke must be down to his last ten bucks by now), Hutch has had his day - too slow, so stick Okoli in there as his replacement!

Do that and we’ll be good to go!

Championship Champions 2023/2024 *

(if only it were that easy! :grinning:)
Not much wrong there

Ok as I said on another thread I thought our 2 main men were pretty ordinary and didn’t grab the game by the scruff. But as for others excuse spelling. Maliki left back looked very handy, left back found for next year. The 5 who had to play at the back small for c/h looked very composed and a football brain. Lawson in midfield another comfy on the ball and holds on to it without fear whilst going forward. In an open game abdumaliks pace would be productive very lively. Centre half Chin I think has the attributes very big and strong and athletic, comfy on ball too. Keeper kept us in it with some nice saves and completely unlucky with their goal. Overall some nice football played against in my opinion a very good team in Utd. They have a great player in Brooks. Great watch overall.