Mama Lion says hello.

Peckham Lion

Staff member
As a few of you asked earlier. Mama is fine and at home looking after Brian who is finally home after a long stint in Hospital. Have just had a lovely long chin wag with her and she's in top form. I said some here were asking after her which cheered her right up. She asked me to pass on her regards and best wishes to you all and said she misses us and will try and pop in at some point.

She hasn't had time nor a laptop to log on but that has been sorted by a very kind and big hearted fellow lion. She will be back down the Den for the Bristol game, her first one in some time and she can't wait. I'm sure if you're knocking about outside or near the blue bus that you'll see mama mooching about and checking on her pride and cubs.

Cheers.

Have you decided what game/s you might come over for?
I was looking at the end of October when there are school holidays. My son is a teacher near Versailles, so we were going to meet up at the Den.
Trouble is there are 2 consecutive Saturday away games, with a Tuesday home game in between.
I am waiting on him confirming exactly when he’s on holiday. It may be earlier in the month.
If not I’ll just pick a game when flights are reasonable and come then.
Flights are a real pain these days. I don’t know if it is due to covid or brexit or both.
Ryan Air used to fly from Poitiers and Limoges nearly every day, so I could fly out Friday, returning on Sunday.
Now, they tend to do only 2 or 3 flights a week from each.

I have not checked this winter’s schedules yet.
Time is not really an issue except every day away adds more expense.
Hotel, food, kennels etc etc etc.
Obviously, I will let you all know.

Just checked with Ryanair.
Friday to Sunday is possible.
Only snag is the return flight takes off at 6.45.
I like a nice ruby and a few beers after the match and don’t usually see my bed much before midnight.
I might as well sleep at the airport.