Mahlon

I don't like being labelled as racist. I don't care what colour anyone is, as long as they're decent human beings.
To me, it wouldn't have mattered what ethnicity a player was. If they made a political, divisive and racist statement, action or display on the pitch, then they deserve to be criticised for it, whether it be turning out backs or booing.
If a player gave a nazi salute, spoke out in support of, or displayed a racist emblem or statement under his shirt, whether they are white, black, brown or fucking purple with yellow spots, he'd get the same, or a much worse response. Lesson number one. Keep politics out of football, and away from our club.
He was the architect of his own misfortune.
This 100%

None of us know the stance of the players on Romeo, but I do know he was well liked. It must have been tough for the whole squad - if they didn't agree with the BLM shit for arguments sake, how are they supposed to not feel awkward when their team mate is going against the grain and putting heat on the players and club?

I get the feeling that there will have been relief that he left. And to be fair to Romeo he could have gone and slagged us off when he did leave for good this season but he has refrained (for now!!)

I think what happened was, Romeo was upset, had cameras thrust in his face and said something he probably regrets a bit in hindsight. Now after that he had a choice - go back on his words, swallow his pride and make amends with the fans and get back on side. Or double down on his stance, isolate himself and create a darkness around himself and the club.

Poor choices all round from the kid when we all know how much he was enjoying his time with us prior to it.

None of us know the stance of the players on Romeo, but I do know he was well liked. It must have been tough for the whole squad - if they didn't agree with the BLM shit for arguments sake, how are they supposed to not feel awkward when their team mate is going against the grain and putting heat on the players and club?

I get the feeling that there will have been relief that he left. And to be fair to Romeo he could have gone and slagged us off when he did leave for good this season but he has refrained (for now!!)

I think what happened was, Romeo was upset, had cameras thrust in his face and said something he probably regrets a bit in hindsight. Now after that he had a choice - go back on his words, swallow his pride and make amends with the fans and get back on side. Or double down on his stance, isolate himself and create a darkness around himself and the club.

Poor choices all round from the kid when we all know how much he was enjoying his time with us prior to it.
I think he would have possibly regained the respect of the supporters, had he have stated that he misunderstood or was misinformed about the reality of BLM, and was merely showing support for racial equality.
I admire someone who takes responsibility for when they fuck up and apologise for it.
( Just a shame my ex wife didn't think like me )

You’re right. He was a young fellow expressing his views against racism and the fans were a bunch of numbskulls expressing their bigotry and embarrassing the club.

Tosh.

You would do well to read Dr. Ole Jensen's study on attitudes to black fans at Milllwall. Perhaps you could also explain how one of the most respected members of our firm was black - he wasn't the only one either. Millwall fans have been kicking the shit out of racists since the 70s when racism first reared its ugly head on the terraces. There are racist Milllwall fans; there are racists in all walks of life, but we are not a racist club and never have been.

BLM is primarily an American pseudo-Marxist movement - it has no place in English football. I'm not naive. I know that America is a country that is endemically racist. It had a legally enforced discrimination against black people the like of which we've never had in this country.

I would argue that much more needs to be done in the U.S.A. to combat systemic racism, but I would also argue that BLM is not offering viable solutions to the problems of inequality in social housing and education and the disproportionate use of force against black people by law enforcement agencies and the concomitant inequalities in sentencing.

If you want to look at how a central aim of BLM has failed, you need to see what black people are saying in cities that have 'defunded the police'. These people are being sacrificed on the altar of student-Marxism and innocent lives are being lost.

Last edited: