Lost dressing room?

Managed youth teams that are expected to play fast pacing football as is the trend, fair enough.
But getting an aging team to switch style half way through the football season is asking for trouble. Would 100% like Joe to succeed but until close season and clear out ageing players. Should have got a target man in transfer windows gone by much the fault of Rowett as anyone else.
Just hope as many have said, 3 worse performers in the league.

We have gone down hill very quickly last 5 games , we know players have fragile egos ect but Edward's was never a player and only managed very talented kids telling players who,are only couple years younger than you what to do when you havent proved yourself in the game yourself is a massive issue in my mind,
Agree. I was saying this a few months ago. Huge level to have your first boss job at. Some ask to succeed here before you've done anything as an actual senior boss anywhere else.

We have gone down hill very quickly last 5 games , we know players have fragile egos ect but Edward's was never a player and only managed very talented kids telling players who,are only couple years younger than you what to do when you havent proved yourself in the game yourself is a massive issue in my mind,
Agree with this. It's hard to see JE getting away with giving any of them a bollocking. It was a high risk appointment. Saturday's match could be decisive. A win then and a defeat for QPR and it doesn't look terminal. The problem is that they look so poor at the back. Tonight was as bad a defensive performance as you could see. And we're not a whole lot better going forward. I can't imagine what the Berylsons thought of it all.

Strange thing is that we were on top for the first 20 minutes or so. Then we completely fell apart. Why???
Tactics, formation and being found out. Its so simple, not a dig. Ipswich normally play alot through the centre... today we packed out the centre and even playing our "wing backs" so far inside the pitch. After 20 minutes this is a simple and easy spot. Play wider. So they did, and beat Wallace each and every time. Someone said Leonard was to blame for goals 2 and 3, he wasn't. Wallace certainly for one, and unfortunately Danny Macs positioning was woeful at best for the other. Too far inside like a cm and pressed as a cm, leaving Leonard stranded 2v1. Simple tactics with simple fixes. We don't have either. We rely on playing against a team who won't take their chances against us, and that isn't the way to play football. We need more than one tactic and formation, and we need a manager who's brave enough to implement a style just to win a game, not complain goals aren't coming from "fuild football". I just want us to outscored a team right now, could've give a toss how its done. This bollocks needs to stop, pronto. We cannot afford to be relegated this season and we have no 2nd option for anything in-play.

Tactics, formation and being found out. Its so simple, not a dig. Ipswich normally play alot through the centre... today we packed out the centre and even playing our "wing backs" so far inside the pitch. After 20 minutes this is a simple and easy spot. Play wider. So they did, and beat Wallace each and every time. Someone said Leonard was to blame for goals 2 and 3, he wasn't. Wallace certainly for one, and unfortunately Danny Macs positioning was woeful at best for the other. Too far inside like a cm and pressed as a cm, leaving Leonard stranded 2v1. Simple tactics with simple fixes. We don't have either. We rely on playing against a team who won't take their chances against us, and that isn't the way to play football. We need more than one tactic and formation, and we need a manager who's brave enough to implement a style just to win a game, not complain goals aren't coming from "fuild football". I just want us to outscored a team right now, could've give a toss how its done. This bollocks needs to stop, pronto. We cannot afford to be relegated this season and we have no 2nd option for anything in-play.
Yeah I’m with you. The cunts got lucky. Similar to several others this season

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room, I think the players have lost faith in their own ability and it started towards the back end of last season. Got a nosebleed when we had a real chance of promotion and had been shit this season before Edwards took over. Glimmers of belief flooding back in after the Sheff Wed game, back down to earth with a bump soon after and the lack of confidence cascades over the whole squad again. They’re mentally fragile.

I’m personally not convinced that Edwards wants to play 5 at the back but is so worried that the players are ‘used’ to it from Rowett’s tenure that he doesn’t want to move from it.

We look nervous and lacking leadership at the back for sure, but the formation doesn’t help. No one seems sure who they should be marking, when they should step in to midfield, wing backs who don’t really want to attack 1v1 making half arsed attempts to do so.

If we aren’t intelligent enough or agile enough to play a back 5 we should ditch it.

I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room, I think the players have lost faith in their own ability and it started towards the back end of last season. Got a nosebleed when we had a real chance of promotion and had been shit this season before Edwards took over. Glimmers of belief flooding back in after the Sheff Wed game, back down to earth with a bump soon after and the lack of confidence cascades over the whole squad again. They’re mentally fragile.

I’m personally not convinced that Edwards wants to play 5 at the back but is so worried that the players are ‘used’ to it from Rowett’s tenure that he doesn’t want to move from it.

We look nervous and lacking leadership at the back for sure, but the formation doesn’t help. No one seems sure who they should be marking, when they should step in to midfield, wing backs who don’t really want to attack 1v1 making half arsed attempts to do so.

If we aren’t intelligent enough or agile enough to play a back 5 we should ditch it.
Agree with that. I've said it before but we started going downhill late last season, we can't put all the blame on JE. But whoever is to blame, the question is whether JE is the man to turn it around.

No lost dressing conspiracy theories, I think it's just this above really.

They seem to come out of the blocks all fired up then implode at the slightest set back or missed goal opportunity to make a lead more secure.. This has been quite regular during most of the games JE has been in charge.

I moaned about it with Rowett and am going to do it with Edwards

FUCK THE 5 AT THE BACK 1 STRIKER OFF NOW

We get over run have no outlet and after about 20 mins our players are breathing out their arses.

I fucking hate it how the fuck are we going to score with 9 or 10 of our players in their own half

I ain’t a football manager but it was fucking obvious that Ipswich had worked us out after about 18 minutes and we never had a sniff of the game after that

He can't change it when things go wrong. That is clear. It's happened time and time again in the last six games. He either can't see it or doesn't know what to do. The pattern is there for all to see. I'm surprised people are defending him when it's so apparent.

The Ipswich manager either told one of his players to go down or it was a real injury. He took that opportunity to call his players over and make changes. Edwards didn't react. If you can't see that then you are blind or ignorant and it's happened time and time again. He cannot recognise how to react to the opposition. To see a Millwall team capitulate like that today should be the last straw. These players need to take their fair share of the blame, granted. But the buck stops with the manager. It's his selection, tactics, team talks and instructions and it's not working. I don't like saying all this because I love this club with all my heart and it honestly hurts me to see us like this. I don't think Edwards is a bad man. He is just completely out of his depth and inadequate.

If we continue to go the way we have then relegation is a distinct reality. Why perservere with something that is just not happening? It's stupid to think things will change. He has got to go.

How very dare you question this revered football management god of gods - apparently better to go down to league one with this fabulous manager than stay up with his predecessor (according to the vote) hmmmm. I wonder who booed GR out then 🤔

Like the previous poster said, GR got pelters for playing 5 at the back. Most of our good runs (and we had a fair few, even if the football was a bit dull) was when we played a back 4. Cooper cannot play in a 3, has a lack of pace and possibly a lack of football intelligence.

And Harding is dog shit.

I'm still fuming - might go and see if I can kick next doors cat again!