Look What I've Found

PurleyLion

Staff member
Decided to clear out my wardrobe today to take unwanted/forgotten items to the local Charity Shop.

Whilst wading through I found the attached Millwall " A History From 1909".

Probably a present for my 60th from the wife that I forgot she had bought me :slap:

Anyway, it's really terrific. A hard cover and inside circa 100 pages of press clippings from 1909 - 2007.

Millwall Photo A.pngMillwall Photo B.pngMillwall Photo C.png

The dean neal page is that against West Brom ?.
Is that we’re we go there in the second leg and fk up by half time 5/ nil down
Then go round there end and storm the gates !!!
Did rate dean neal good player in shit team

Decided to clear out my wardrobe today to take unwanted/forgotten items to the local Charity Shop.

Probably a present for my 60th from the wife that I forgot she had bought me :slap:

Anyway, it's really terrific. A hard cover and inside circa 100 pages of press clippings from 1909 - 2007.

View attachment 24208View attachment 24209View attachment 24210
I have got that as well, my son bought it for one of my many birthdays🎂🥳

Don't bin it Purley, hand it down pucka
No way will I bin it :shake:

Never read it before but started this evening. It’s got press reports from the 1938 FA Cup games against Derby, Man City and Sunderland (interestingly in the latter we were done by a dodgy reffing decision 🤷‍♂️). When I get the chance I’ll post copies on here.

The 1909 report was against Arsenal, the writing style totally different. Something that struck me was in those days Millwall played north of the Thames and Arsenal south🤔

That's weird Purley. My Mum found that in my late Dad's belongings this week as well. She passed it down to me.

Purley, you may be interested to know the "Gooners" original ground is.still there in.Plumstead at the bottom of Church Manor Way. The Arsenal were formed by workers at the Royal Arsenal and then moved north of the river as Arsenal F.C..The original club is still extant as Royal Arsenal Sport and Recreation Association. The pitch was one of the best I've ever played on and massive. There is on one side remains of the original terracing.

Purley, you may be interested to know the "Gooners" original ground is.still there in.Plumstead at the bottom of Church Manor Way. The Arsenal were formed by workers at the Royal Arsenal and then moved north of the river as Arsenal F.C..The original club is still extant as Royal Arsenal Sport and Recreation Association. The pitch was one of the best I've ever played on and massive. There is on one side remains of the original terracing.

Not much left anymore, Obes...
I bought a place about five minutes away from that site in 1999. They were new builds on the site of the old military grounds opposite Belmarsh Slammer.

Screenshot 2023-10-30 215100.jpg

I used to play for RASRA

Yes, i got one for my 60th too!!! Great to read

The first pressing cutting (I was struck by the reporter's terminology. I don't think he could get away with some of that nowadays :slap: ).

If I remember correctly, Arsenal were in the Football League and we decided to remain in the Southern League.

Probably the biggest mistake ever made by the Directors of Millwall.

If we had gone into the Football League circa 1900, I genuinely believe we would be the biggest club in South London attracting crowds of over 60k 🤷‍♂️

Arsenal Snip 1.pngArsenal Snip 2.pngArsenal Snip 3.png

The first major victory of 1938 when we became the first Third Division side to reach the FA Cup semi-final.

Derby Snip 1.pngDerby Snip 2.pngDerby Snip 3.png