LONG

new cross wall

is it me or do you all think long should be doing a lot better with a lot of the goals we are conceding
so many games now i come away thinking the same thing
think in the summer we need a new number 1

is it me or do you all think long should be doing a lot better with a lot of the goals we are conceding
Slow getting to low balls either side of him as is Bart, thought he could have at least got a hand to QPRs goal which was reachable from where he was positioned, he seemed to dive backwards into his goal instead of across the line.

Not as good as Bart in the shot stopping department but better in the kicking stakes but as fallen into getting rid off the ball too slow and ends up in a punt upfield....

I was at the other end when QPR scored their 82nd minute goal so it was difficult to see. However, in the highlights it was clear he got both hands to the ball but almost pushed it into the goal as he was diving behind the line. I am sure he could improve his technique regarding shot stopping. Bart would have made a better job of stopping that goal.
In Long’s defence he did make a couple of decent stops from low crosses in the first half which could have led to goals from them. Although his long kicks do get us up the pitch quickly a couple on Saturday were just too good and after one bounce they were in the hands of their keeper. I would be very surprised if GR isn't on the look out for a better keeper in the summer. Bart is decent but is now a good number two and the jury is out on Trueman who is only on contract with us until the summer. I think I can honestly say that I have yet to see Long pull off an outstanding save which has kept us in a game. On the flip side I am sure that Bart has kept us in a game on many occasions.

As said above, although not as good at shot stopping as Bart, Long is much better with his feet. I am a Bart fan and could not see why he was replaced but the management see them both in action day in day out so we have to trust them on the keeper front.

I think they're both good keepers but Bart is by far a better shot stopper than Long. Bart had done nothing wrong in my opinion before he got dropped.

Long came in when Bart was not available and had a little dip in form. Long then played well and his accurate kicking improved things. And as the saying goes "if it aint broke don't try to fix it". I dont know who our 3rd keeper is but when he was warming up he looked pretty handy too. Nice to have some squad depth for a change.

I think they're both good keepers but Bart is by far a better shot stopper than Long. Bart had done nothing wrong in my opinion before he got dropped.
To counter that, Long is much better at cutting out crosses than Bart is.
It's impossible to say how many goals that saves, but, as Silver says, he did that again on Saturday when there was a striker lurking behind him for a tap in.

No goalkeeper is perfect. Long will do for me.

Last edited:
I thought he shoud’ve Done better with their goal, but a
apart from that he had a good game. The long kicking is probably something they’re working on - don’t forget that Loftus Road is about as big as the average 5 a side pitch!

I thought he shoud’ve Done better with their goal, but a
apart from that he had a good game. The long kicking is probably something they’re working on - don’t forget that Loftus Road is about as big as the average 5 a side pitch!
🤣🤣🤣