Livermore interview.

Livermore was an unfussy and unfancied player but if you ask the players that played with him in our promotion and subsequent successful seasons they will tell you how important he was.
I used to think he was utterly useless and could not even kick it with his right foot and rarely had a shot at goal.

Then he was out of the team (probably through suspension) and I could see just how important he was, busting up attacks in front of the back 4 and playing a simple pass allowing Cahill to focus on joining the 2 strikers in the box as we attacked. Livers energy, speed, work rate and defence gave us a good balance in midfield and despite his crunching tackles he rarely got injured.

I used to think he was utterly useless and could not even kick it with his right foot and rarely had a shot at goal.

Then he was out of the team (probably through suspension) and I could see just how important he was, busting up attacks in front of the back 4 and playing a simple pass allowing Cahill to focus on joining the 2 strikers in the box as we attacked. Livers energy, speed, work rate and defence gave us a good balance in midfield and despite his crunching tackles he rarely got injured.
Trotter and Abdou similar

I've commented before that I never rated Livermore but will acknowledge he was part of one of my favourite millwall teams. His equivalent in the current team is possibly Billy Mitchell, both 100% committed but lack a bit of technical ability imho.

Don't remember him doing too much, but very much a grafter and made sure Ronaldo couldn't take the piss too much.