Lionesses

Arthur2shedsJackson

I thought they changed their name to London City or something like that and didn't want any more to do with us. Now they are back on the official site.

I think they are now called London City Lionesses. My grandaughters team is in the same league. Now our season has finished there remaining home games are at the den.

Agree, there are 2 lionesses teams:

1. London City Lionesses (the original Millwall Lionesses who broke away) in the FA WSL2 and not doing well.
2. Millwall Lionesses: reformed a couple of years back and struggling (7th out of 12) in the London and South East Regional Women’s League (5th tier).

The logical thing would be for the London City Lionesses to return under the Millwall FC umbrella but I doubt it’ll happen.

The logical thing would be for the London City Lionesses to return under the Millwall FC umbrella but I doubt it’ll happen

Why!!!!

Agree, there are 2 lionesses teams:

1. London City Lionesses (the original Millwall Lionesses who broke away) in the FA WSL2 and not doing well.
2. Millwall Lionesses: reformed a couple of years back and struggling (7th out of 12) in the London and South East Regional Women’s League (5th tier).

The logical thing would be for the London City Lionesses to return under the Millwall FC umbrella but I doubt it’ll happen.
The way I understood it was as soon as a lot of money was being pumped into the birds game the Millwall Lionesses broke away to form London City Lionesses so that they could get more of the money.
Millwall then got a new Millwall Lionesses team together but have had to start at the very bottom of the pile, making it hard to attract any sort of decentish player.

London City were the original Millwall Lionesses and broke away from Millwall thinking they'd be better off on their own. Hope they lose every match and go under.
The true Millwall Lionesses are now pretty much a younger developing side in the lower leagues. If you want support one, support these not the snides.

London City were the original Millwall Lionesses and broke away from Millwall thinking they'd be better off on their own. Hope they lose every match and go under.
The true Millwall Lionesses are now pretty much a younger developing side in the lower leagues. If you want support one, support these not the snides.
One of there players sits next to me in Kitchener Block 31, really lovely girl to talk to.