Larry Lottery-- Coach 1

wellerwasbest

Afraid to say Lottery Larry has passed away
Found out today as i went back to where i used to live, minutes from where he was Mottingham

He was looking after a chap over the road who was ill who passed away

A little while later Larry went into a care home as he could not look after himself and in a very short time he also died.
The chap who told me was a neighbour just along from him

Like someone has said on here apparently he was in a terrible state, some sort of parkinsons and could hardly walk to the local shops in the Village
Aptly this Peter was a bit of burden on him as well asking him to do all sorts that was too much for him

In fact i have had one of the most weirdest days ever today in my entire life

Lost touch with a lot of people in that area when i moved so was a real catch up for me , so those two who i knew passed on
Then a girl jenny 51 years old , knocked at her door , next door a lady come out said "she died of a overdose last September"

Goes to one of the relatives of the fella involved in the Everton "incident" i played in the same football team as his dad cc
He said his doing ok

THEN i nearly killed myself ! Not eaten all day goes in the cafe as i had not had anything all day or the previous and a bit tired
Ordered me food , asks me what type of bread i want "crusty" i says

Next minute not chewing properly and rushing the bread is stuck in my windpipe , i kid you not i could not breathe, was gasping for air, in the end i had to get up off me seat and made signs as i could not speak , really frightened me
Manager comes rushing over and im making signs with me hands a pushing motion, so he starts thumping me in the back and another customers says "No need to do it harder on him" !

Does that routine, what they call it hemlock(spelling yeah i know) Manoeuvre
Face i could feel all red and sweaty then wallop a large piece of dough comes flying out of me and ends up by the door about 4 ft away
Really thought it was the end
My neck now is a bit sore but could have been worse

Sorry high jacked the Larry stuff but was such a weird day, This was copy and pasted what i put on Hof as a few were talking about it
Excuse me rambling on

Such a shame as because he become isolated nobody knew or passed on this news as i am sure a few wall fans would have attended his funeral which i have no details of

Rip Larry

RIP Larry. Knew him well from 60' to 70'sLast time I saw him was at Mottingham shops in the late 80' s early 90's as you say ,he lived in mottingham and I lived just up the road in White Horse Hill so bumped into him regularly as I stopped off at shops on my way through for bits.Harmless chap,talked a lot and loved his Millwall, Not everyones cup of tea but still one of us.

Afraid to say Lottery Larry has passed away
Found out today as i went back to where i used to live, minutes from where he was Mottingham

He was looking after a chap over the road who was ill who passed away

A little while later Larry went into a care home as he could not look after himself and in a very short time he also died.
The chap who told me was a neighbour just along from him

Like someone has said on here apparently he was in a terrible state, some sort of parkinsons and could hardly walk to the local shops in the Village
Aptly this Peter was a bit of burden on him as well asking him to do all sorts that was too much for him

In fact i have had one of the most weirdest days ever today in my entire life

Lost touch with a lot of people in that area when i moved so was a real catch up for me , so those two who i knew passed on
Then a girl jenny 51 years old , knocked at her door , next door a lady come out said "she died of a overdose last September"

Goes to one of the relatives of the fella involved in the Everton "incident" i played in the same football team as his dad cc
He said his doing ok

THEN i nearly killed myself ! Not eaten all day goes in the cafe as i had not had anything all day or the previous and a bit tired
Ordered me food , asks me what type of bread i want "crusty" i says

Next minute not chewing properly and rushing the bread is stuck in my windpipe , i kid you not i could not breathe, was gasping for air, in the end i had to get up off me seat and made signs as i could not speak , really frightened me
Manager comes rushing over and im making signs with me hands a pushing motion, so he starts thumping me in the back and another customers says "No need to do it harder on him" !

Does that routine, what they call it hemlock(spelling yeah i know) Manoeuvre
Face i could feel all red and sweaty then wallop a large piece of dough comes flying out of me and ends up by the door about 4 ft away
Really thought it was the end
My neck now is a bit sore but could have been worse

Sorry high jacked the Larry stuff but was such a weird day, This was copy and pasted what i put on Hof as a few were talking about it
Excuse me rambling on

Such a shame as because he become isolated nobody knew or passed on this news as i am sure a few wall fans would have attended his funeral which i have no details of

Rip Larry
Glad you're ok now weller,haven't for seen you for a long while now as been retired and living down in Kent now and follow Wall only online and as not very mobile.Are you still going..
All the best to you and yours.

Mottingham, forest hill, hither green, Sydenham, I think that stretch of south east London is still very much Millwall areas. I don't want Millwall to be like an arsenal where most of their fans have no connection to the local area. Even anerley where I am there's Millwall fans I spot all the time.

Anyway slight derail.

Hope the club will do something nice for him.

Glad you're ok now weller,haven't for seen you for a long while now as been retired and living down in Kent now and follow Wall only online and as not very mobile.Are you still going..
All the best to you and yours.
Yeah still going not missed a home game this season
Lived just up the road from the Library i used to see you in,i lived Henry Cooper way next to marvels and off Lions close
Often spoke to Ferdinand's mother when i see her about in that area
Max wall lived in that road where the Library was for a while

Recall pulling you up using the computer, and saying you were the bloke to blame for Millwall collecting the programmes ha
Used to be in the shop didnt you , sometimes with the iron bars across the window ha Only at millwall

Later i worked alongside Pauline and Tom McGrath another two now sadly gone

i knew you knew Larry as you say from them days
As you said not everyones cup of tea but a character and fairly harmless

The cafe i am on about you as you know the area, was the one opposite the Baring(now closed up i see)
Best thing about that place was the Bakers in the village near where he lived, top notch nearly as good as Ayres Nunhead another place i lived

Sad to see some bits go, King and Queen Pub saw some of my cash years ago as well ha

RIP Larry, I lived in that manor from about '92 to 2000 in Bentfield Gardens near the Chinbrook. Lot's of Millwall round that area, strangely a few Chelsea as well which was fun after the'95 FA cup win.

RIP Larry, I lived in that manor from about '92 to 2000 in Bentfield Gardens near the Chinbrook. Lot's of Millwall round that area, strangely a few Chelsea as well which was fun after the'95 FA cup win.
Argh my local
I lived as said above Henry Cooper way, off Lions close
Just over the road from Where Ferdinand used to live
Now a old peoples home

Yeah i was still there when you were ref to them dates

Did you know Mick ? Run the off license next to it, then moved across the road
Big boxing fan and used to do the testing for the Boxers

Run the Marvels Lane Boys club as well

Argh my local
I lived as said above Henry Cooper way, off Lions close
Just over the road from Where Ferdinand used to live
Now a old peoples home

Yeah i was still there when you were ref to them dates

Did you know Mick ? Run the off license next to it, then moved across the road
Big boxing fan and used to do the testing for the Boxers

Run the Marvels Lane Boys club as well
Think I remember Mick, might have been my neighbour in Bentfield Gardens. Used the Porcupine a few times as the Chinbrook closed, probably met you.

My wife just told me that someone on facebook who is a Millwall fan told her she has just spoken to Larry and he Is very much alive. She is seeing him next week.
r.i.p. larry if he is,recall a time yeras ago in the east end,rumour was a docker had passed,people talking a collection etc for him,the next night he walks in the pub ffs, he had been in hospital and someone he had passed.when i was a youngun there was a old girl nicknamed "death row" she was a full time mouner!!

My wife just told me that someone on facebook who is a Millwall fan told her she has just spoken to Larry and he Is very much alive. She is seeing him next week.
Was that Clairvoyant Cheryl? touting for work again.

R.I.P Larry / glad you ain't gone.

I only went by coach 2 or 3 times and one of them was a midweek trip to Bury about 20 years ago, it was the only coach going and Larry was in charge of it, we certainly didn't have 50 Millwall stereotypes on board.

Well this could be the strangest thread we’ve ever had. I’ve heard of “here today, gone tomorrow” but not the other way round.
Re the area, the’ve just opened a Lidl where the Porcupine was, often visited the King & Queen both before and after the refurb (snooker tables etc) and also the Chinbrook pub (& Coombes betting shop that used to be near it) Still travel through the estate a lot & the China Jade hasn’t poisoned me yet.
Also the pub on White Horse Hill (names gone) that’s now a co-op. Apart from the boozers & the odd bird, Millwall & Catford dogs was all they seemed to live for round there (& what’s wrong with that?)

Was that Clairvoyant Cheryl? touting for work again.

R.I.P Larry / glad you ain't gone.

I only went by coach 2 or 3 times and one of them was a midweek trip to Bury about 20 years ago, it was the only coach going and Larry was in charge of it, we certainly didn't have 50 Millwall stereotypes on board.
No. But new bods like me. He was kind patient and a bit soppy with some of us. Unless there is some side story Larry was old school kind

Mottingham, forest hill, hither green, Sydenham, I think that stretch of south east London is still very much Millwall areas. I don't want Millwall to be like an arsenal where most of their fans have no connection to the local area. Even anerley where I am there's Millwall fans I spot all the time.

Anyway slight derail.

Hope the club will do something nice for him.
Was in Sydenham last year, still very much a Millwall area.
RIP Larry

Staff online

Members online