Kevin Muscat

Muscat was managing in the A League (Australia) which at best is REALLY poor. He was with Melbourne Victory... wasn't great tbh, not sure why we feel the need to keep being tied to ex players for some reason! Get someone who knows this league in recent times rather than keep taking chances.

Exactly. You talk a lot more sense about football than you do about vaccines!

Read between the lines with this quote

“While my time working directly with Gary has been short, I have thoroughly enjoyed all our interactions and feel that he leaves us having enhanced the club's on-pitch status during four successful years in charge."

Do you think the mutual agreement was a polite way of moving GR out?
I'm only curious about the departure because of the timing. Maybe the club have someone in mind? On the other hand, it's probably all very innocent and GR has had enough and really thinks he can't do any more:

In a statement, the club said:
Millwall Football Club can confirm it has mutually agreed to part company with first-team manager Gary Rowett."

Chairman James Berylson added: "We greatly appreciate Gary's efforts throughout his time in charge and he departs with the best wishes of everybody connected with the club".

"While my time working directly with Gary has been short, I have thoroughly enjoyed all our interactions and feel that he leaves us having enhanced the club's on-pitch status during four successful years in charge."

Footballs like any other business the man at the top always has a plan of succession if personnel move on.Just noticed the forthcoming fixture we have 3 games this week then Southampton then Sheffield Wednesday away and another international break after that cant imagine the club leaving Barret in charge for all of those

I’m sad he’s gone GR bought in a lot of new players and think we would have been in the top 6 come may, we get some muppet and we could be the. Wrong end of the table come may, we were never gonna win games 3=2 under him , but we would never be in trouble either. For all those who slagged him off, let’s hope the new bloke hits the ground running or were fkd, ginger vermin cnt hollowhead !,,,,

Do you think the mutual agreement was a polite way of moving GR out?
I'm only curious about the departure because of the timing. Maybe the club have someone in mind? On the other hand, it's probably all very innocent and GR has had enough and really thinks he can't do any more:

In a statement, the club said:
Millwall Football Club can confirm it has mutually agreed to part company with first-team manager Gary Rowett."

Chairman James Berylson added: "We greatly appreciate Gary's efforts throughout his time in charge and he departs with the best wishes of everybody connected with the club".

"While my time working directly with Gary has been short, I have thoroughly enjoyed all our interactions and feel that he leaves us having enhanced the club's on-pitch status during four successful years in charge."

After listening to his interview it seems it was all very innocent and had a genuine reason for leaving. If you haven't listened to it, pop into the other main thread and it give it a listen, it's worth it.

:thumbup:

Last edited:
He's looking forward to the things we take for granted. Skiing he said with his kids, that time is a fantastic thing, he'd normally miss.
Also said he'd help in any way he could if needed.
A good and humble interview in my opinion
Adam Barrett said an interesting thing. (for once, god, he is a thick interviewee)

Anyway, he said that the whole Rowett leaving thing only raised its head amongst the staff during the day when the announcement was made in the evening.

I don't think Barrett is a liar. (I don't think he is clever enough)
When he spoke about it he seemed entirely genuine.

IF that is true, it rules out a number of possible scenarios being speculated on here.
That is all, for what it's worth.

Load of made up bollox and no mention of who the ' source ' is. The first outlet linked is being quoted by the second outlet as the source of info :poop:

I hope it isn't Muscat, all the hard work over the last ten years will be for nothing if he gets the job, once a thug always a thug, if he try's to intimidate the players in the dressing room as he did when he was playing we will go downhill rapid.