Just back

Phlion54

Well what a game, same starting 11 as on Sunday with the German on the bench, what seems a normal start for us after a mias control just on the edge of our box they passed the ball side and the shot best Bart 55 seconds gone and that set the standard for the rest of the half/ game, we all know what a passing side Swansea are and their CH run the game from the back with all the time he needed to spray the ball all over the pitch & after 12 minutes their forward cut in from the left , put Cooper on his backside and shot in to the bottom left 2-0, we created very few of any chances and had to thank Bart for keeping the score to 2-0, second half started and began as per the first , we needed to change a few players,after 65 minutes the long awaited changes took place....off went cooper,cresswell & snacks and on come hutch, Leonard & saville and we looked better, still under the cosh but tyler had a run into the box squared the ball to Aforbi who proceed to hit the ball straight at the defender ,10 minutes and the German came on and to be honest done more in that then aforbi did all match and then the unthinkable happened. 5 minutes injury time when Mac crossed to the near post and their defender put the ball in the net for us 2-1
They pressed and what all.I can call a match saving tackle by Leonard kept us in the game.....then a cross to the far post with virtually the last kick was helped in under pressure by their defender 2-2. ,the 300 + faithful went mad and we got out of jail.big time.....some really poor performances tonight and that needs to be addressed esp Marlone but onwards to Norwich

afo

Last edited:
Many thanks P51 for your thoughts on the game. I gave up on it after 80 minutes but my phone was dinging like a fire engine prompting me to discover we’d got a late draw. COYL

Dire first half. Only positive is it could/should have been 4 - 0 or 5 - 0. Difficult to understand where defensive stability of last year has gone. First goal saw mistake from Murray - poor touch when he should have just cleared it), Cooper too easily beaten, fuck up from Malone who seemed to go with the wrong foot and then always on the back foot. They had the freedom of the park with no pressure on the ball or man.

Got into in the second half and should have had something - penalty/penalties, Vogi's effort, Burey's miss - before the 2 OGs in added time. All the subs made a difference. Honeyman never stopped, Burey looked to take people on and created chances.

Wouldn't want to sit through the first 45 minutes again but spirit and pressure made it a battling and deserved draw.

Bart, Hutch, Lenny, Honeyman, Sav, Tyler and Vogi plus any other 4 for Friday.

Dire first half. Only positive is it could/should have been 4 - 0 or 5 - 0. Difficult to understand where defensive stability of last year has gone. First goal saw mistake from Murray - poor touch when he should have just cleared it), Cooper too easily beaten, fuck up from Malone who seemed to go with the wrong foot and then always on the back foot. They had the freedom of the park with no pressure on the ball or man.

Got into in the second half and should have had something - penalty/penalties, Vogi's effort, Burey's miss - before the 2 OGs in added time. All the subs made a difference. Honeyman never stopped, Burey looked to take people on and created chances.

Wouldn't want to sit through the first 45 minutes again but spirit and pressure made it a battling and deserved draw.

Bart, Hutch, Lenny, Honeyman, Sav, Tyler and Vogi plus any other 4 for Friday.
Fitting your seven and another four

Bart
Danny Hutch Cresswell Cooper Murray
Lenny Sav
Honeyman
Tyler Vogi

Bring Leonard in for Norwich. And also maybe give Afobe a rest, he’s played a lot of football
Afobi as done nothing of worth in the last 4 games , everyone says that we don't play in a style that suits him so why play him then ....GR just don't want to take him.off along with marlone....we now have options in a fit Leonard & the German let's see what happens on friday

Many thanks for the report P.. Sent to our son Ian as he was not able to watch or keep up as works the graveyard shift these days.

Thanks.

BTW: The match thread and Just Backs laid the blame for their first goal down to Malone. I accept it was his weak attempt of a clearance that was headed on to create the goal but prior to that Billy’s poor control lost a ball that was his and Murray failed with 2 weak efforts to win/clear the ball. So not entirely down to Malone.

Look at Billy’s positioning for their second goal and several of their decent chances. Invariably he’s in the central middle but not getting remotely close to picking up an opponent

Leonard’s tackle top class 👏👏👏

For those that rubbish Malone most of the time, not a bad cross with his weaker foot for the equaliser 😉

Also, neither of our penalty appeals shown 🤷‍♂️

Clearly the highlights are biased towards whichever team is showing them. The Millwall highlights show the penalty appeals but fails to show the blatant push in the back on Cooper which should have been a penalty according to GR.
Friday will be a whole new ball game. They will feel confident having picked up their first win of the season against Huddersfield last night. Mind you our confidence should also be good following Saturday’s win and yesterday’s draw. I shall watch it on Now TV and write a Just Back afterwards.

Reactions: Owl
Thanks.

BTW: The match thread and Just Backs laid the blame for their first goal down to Malone. I accept it was his weak attempt of a clearance that was headed on to create the goal but prior to that Billy’s poor control lost a ball that was his and Murray failed with 2 weak efforts to win/clear the ball. So not entirely down to Malone.

Look at Billy’s positioning for their second goal and several of their decent chances. Invariably he’s in the central middle but not getting remotely close to picking up an opponent

Leonard’s tackle top class 👏👏👏

For those that rubbish Malone most of the time, not a bad cross with his weaker foot for the equaliser 😉

Also, neither of our penalty appeals shown 🤷‍♂️
That's Malone all over, and why he gets played, he can made those driving runs, and put in a decent cross or shot from time to time, but his defensive errors do rack up and he is not great at reading the game, he seems to set off late when chasing back. Are we a better overall team with Wallace playing there? Probably, if we have Burey on the pitch making similar runs on the left, if its two up top though, Malone is an attacking threat.

That's Malone all over, and why he gets played, he can made those driving runs, and put in a decent cross or shot from time to time, but his defensive errors do rack up and he is not great at reading the game, he seems to set off late when chasing back. Are we a better overall team with Wallace playing there? Probably, if we have Burey on the pitch making similar runs on the left, if its two up top though, Malone is an attacking threat.
Marlon e is a luxury we cannot afford on the hope " he might do something" looks lack lustue & out of position most of the time.....need a shame up in defence & midfield and please can they kick.off without hoofing the ball back to the opposition ....need some big changes for the Friday game and hutch , Leonard , saville & German need to start

Marlon e is a luxury we cannot afford on the hope " he might do something" looks lack lustue & out of position most of the time.....need a shame up in defence & midfield and please can they kick.off without hoofing the ball back to the opposition ....need some big changes for the Friday game and hutch , Leonard , saville & German need to start
M-A-L-O-N-E

SM is an offensive player, he’s an attacking wing back. He never has been a fabulous defensive player. Not the first time round and not now.

The system GR is playing with wing backs he wants them further up the pitch. He’s instructed on be that far up but when we lose the ball in midfield he’s caught out half way up the pitch. I don’t think SM had had a great start to the season but he’s picking up assists. He’s creating goals our midfielders and strikers aren’t. I think personally people are a bit harsh on SM. Would I like a player who’s equally as good as defending as attacking? Of course. I wouldn’t describe him as a luxury we cannot afford.

Members online