Just Back v Sky Blues

silverlion

Staff member
The JE revolution is on hold after this comprehensive defeat.

We started well. We moved the ball well with good movement off the ball and some good passing which had the Sky Blues a bit bewildered. Honeyman was bright on the right with some good support from BNC and Longman and Murray were similar on the left. It all looked very promising for the first 15 minutes but then they came back into it well. They were playing a very different game to us and a good ball sent their attacker clear in the box but Bart made a good save to keep it out. We still had some good moments going forward and Honeyman hit the post. They were undaunted and moved the ball more directly and the right winger was giving Murray a lot to contend with. They had a good spell which pushed us back and some forceful play saw them force the ball home for a one nil lead. I though it was a deflection but the play was at the opposite end from the one I sit in so I couldn’t see it well. Our patterns of play did not change and we tried very hard to get back into it with our passing game. They pressed very hard and we rode our luck with another fine save from Bart and the half ended with them in front.

There was no knee jerk reaction from Joe after the break and we continued to pass the ball around to try and create chances. They were playing a much more direct and aggressive attacking game and we were finding it difficult to contain them. It was time for fresh legs so off went Honeyman and on came Watmore and then Longman was replaced by Emakhu. We looked a little more aggressive but they soon took the wind out of our sails with a second goal. They pressed forward and a decent shot was well saved by Bart but it fell straight to their tricky winger who slotted it home for 2-0. Nisbet replaced a cream crackered Bradshaw and a little later Esse came on for an annoyed Flem but it made little difference. They sealed it at the death when a long and low corner was stabbed in at the far post. It was disappointing but those who expected a comprehensive win after our last success were in for a shock. It will take time!

Bart made some good saves and probably edged MOM as it could have been six or seven without his heroics. BNC played OK and Wes did his best but it made little difference. Cooper was steady but Murray had a torrid afternoon against their tricky winger. Sav was full of energy but little threat and Casper tried hard and even had a shot or two. Honeyman had some moments and Longman had one or two but Flem has had better games. Bradshaw was busy but posed no threat. Watmore was busy, Emakhu had a couple of good runs, Nesbit looked poor and Esse hardly touched the ball. All in all it was a disappointing afternoon which promised so much but delivered so little. I did bump into East Sussex Lion in the cafe and like me he was optimistic before kick off. My friend Paul said during the week that the jury was still out on Joe and he will need to work hard early next week or the Tractor Boys could have a field day on Wednesday .

Am at a complete loss, my only take is that the Coventry players were well marshalled and were a yard of pace much quicker than us.

Quite simple. Our defence have the pace of camels. Our attack is woeful. Ffs. Anyone direct me to the haters arms, cause I'm f@cking pissed off

Again after the Lord mayors show another dire home performance , I'm afraid Wallace & Fleming need to be dropped and boy do we need a a big CF, bit of a eye opener for the manager , never known our defence has bad as it is at home , yet another 3-0 , we were better up to the final third then we made the wrong choice or bad pass or declined to take a shot...

Cheers for the report Silver. Disappointed, but have to dust ourselves down.
Don't envy J.E having to do a post mortem on the game.

My impression, looked good going forward but useless in the final third. This left us vulnerable to the counter. I’m concerned that Nesbit is a blank in the Championship, Murray is getting found out as a left back now (despite his qualities- imagine having a equal to BNC on the left?) and a lack of a player that can unlock the door down the middle. Can’t polish a turd, that was shit.

My impression, looked good going forward but useless in the final third. This left us vulnerable to the counter. I’m concerned that Nesbit is a blank in the Championship, Murray is getting found out as a left back now (despite his qualities- imagine having a equal to BNC on the left?) and a lack of a player that can unlock the door down the middle. Can’t polish a turd, that was shit.
Nesbit and Bradshaw need to play together, neither can play as a lone striker!!
Drop Flemming, he has been woeful for ages, play Esse or Honeyman behind a front two!!!

Again after the Lord mayors show another dire home performance , I'm afraid Wallace & Fleming need to be dropped and boy do we need a a big CF, bit of a eye opener for the manager , never known our defence has bad as it is at home , yet another 3-0 , we were better up to the final third then we made the wrong choice or bad pass or declined to take a shot...
As I have said a hundred times, we have two forwards who feed off of through balls. However every time we look to play the ball wide. Brads made a load of runs, got between the two center backs and was calling for the ball. Not once did that happen. Nessy came on and actually got one ball played through.

I have been to all the home games this season and besides Rotherham(shit game) they have all been loses. After watching this team for the last 4 months I have a very clear picture that this group of players are average on a very, very good day, shit and not of the Championship standard all the rest of time. They are a few exceptions : De Norre, Fleming (when he can be asked, which is never this season )Harding and BNC and Bart who is are no 1 goalie without a shadow of a doubt. I don't count BNC as he is not a Millwall player, but a loanie. Esse and Emakhu I have not seen enough off, but all this talk about what incredible talent they both are has been just that so far , talk. The players just don't have enough balls and desire to play for Mill wall at home. Sold out den 4 times this season, all the games have been shit and player have caved in under the pressure. We ill be lucky to stay up this season and I think Joe E has realised he has just drank from a poisoned chalice.

Just reading JE remarks about how he understands why it broke down in the final third,, says his players are not used to the new style ....FFS ...we are talking about Pro footballers/ / strikers , I can understand the back 4 playing it out instead of hoofing taking time but the forwards have not had a clue all season , the high ball did not work and it seems the ball on the floor is just as baffling to them , the main reason I can see is the lack of movement by them to get in decent areas, it's nice to watch the ball being passed to test but without movement it's pointless

Thanks Silver. Appreciated
As somebody said "stop telling me this the best squad for years". I cannot.see it
At best moderate, as normal poor.