Just Back v Norwich on Now TV

Time to give Murray, Molly, and Mitch a rest and replace with Leonard, Topalloj, and ?
I think we are light at left back. We all love Murray, but I don't think he's the answer. If Afobe needs someone with him, play someone with him. Pretty sure Vlog could put in an hour. For the Reading game, I'd go:

Bart
Danny, Cresswell, Leonard, Hutch, Topalloj (play him or out him) or Murray
Shackleton, Saville, Honeyman
Afobe, Vlog

Coops, Fleming, Bradshaw, Billy, Murray (or Topalloj), Molly. Long

Just seen the highlights, Malone weren't fouled for the goal he just fell over, cunt.
Septic wanted it more, and how did Afobe miss from 2yards. Vogl seems to like a dig from anywhere, which is good to see. Has to start if and when fully fit. Accord to the Rowett he could only give the subs 20 to 30 minutes, so there must be fitness worries, obviously with Flemming as he's been injured.
Harsh. He actually cunningly fell across the norwich player attempting to bring him down.

Last edited:
Harsh. He actually cunningly fell accross the norwich player attempting to bring him down.
Sargeant fouled Danny then hooked Molly’s right leg away. If he had falling to one side rather than to both needs it would have looked more obvious. As others have said mere brushes with their players meant the ref couldn’t get his whistle out quick enough. I’d like to whet his whistle with a Millwall Brick! 😂
Extended highlights

First half was ok but playing the way we are we cannot afford to conceded the first goal. If we have any aspirations of promotion we have to develop our attacking patterns of play and not just play on the counter. This is the best squad we have had in years and I hope that Rowett can get the best out of them.

As in time honoured 'Millwall' tradition we are developing new fans favourites and 'boo' boys. Well you've got to blame someone haven't you.

A couple of personal points Burey isn't a striker he is too lightweight and is at his most effective running at defenders from wide or deep. Afobe looked better when Voglsammer was alongside him. Flemming still looks off the pace but looks like he will be a good signing. Malone is good going forward but cannot defend. Wallace looks out of sorts. Leonard has to play.

I can see why Rowett plays 3 at the back away from home but at home I would like to see us play with 4 at the back.

The problems of last season still exist. Poor away record and lack of goals from the strikers but I honestly believe that that can all change.
Afobe needs a partner. It’s clear as day.

Afobe needs a partner. It’s clear as day.
This.
He was isolated last night and was never a problem to their defenders.
This was not his fault, just that he needs a partner up front. Before he got injured, Bradshaw and Afobe were getting a decent partnership going. Bradshaw started to find the net and all looked rosy.
Maybe they need to renew the partnership with Vogl playing in behind those two.
Or Vogl to partner Tom and Afobe in behind them?

This.
This was not his fault, just that he needs a partner up front. Before he got injured, Bradshaw and Afobe were getting a decent partnership going. Bradshaw started to find the net and all looked rosy.
I think 2 up top is only half the answer.
I also think we need to play with wide men to keep the strikers central.

Didn't expect anything away to a team with a premiership wage bill and won't try and find fault with any of our lot but I was disappointed with Burey's lack of urgency when their defence had the ball and not seeming to understand the need to be closer to Adobe at times.
The german looks like he could be the answer to finding Adobe a partner and I got the impression that Fleming has a better technical ability than we are used to.
I thought that we did well defending most of the game but it did show why we shouldn't expect to be promoted this season, no tactics were going to make us better than them.

Don't know how many of us were there but it was more than double than I expected, well done to those that put themselves out to get there.
The big downside of the night was that carrow rd reeks of the premiership, except on the pitch, 11 mascots?, one of which interests is 'arts and crafts', don't know if the announcer was taking the piss but it did seem to sum up the club.
Always have hated 'sing when your winning fans' and that is exactly what they have been for a long time, we got behind our lot more when we were losing than they did until they scored.
Singing USA to their forward just made me cringe, we really do need to hang on in there at Millwall and not let the club go like all the rest.

I live in hope they don't get promoted for the next 2 seasons, they'll be in the financial crap when parachute payments stop coming in.

Philions piece is spot on in every department, its what is taking place this season in my view, let's see how Norwich get on with the other teams to determine if they are improving fast or we have the wrong players always starting.

This.
Totally agree look at their two goals quick interchanges in and around the box. Whenever Afobe got the ball he had no one around him until Voglsammer came on

Too many of our players lack the mental and/or physical strength to impose themselves on the game.

In the highlights Burey lost (virtually pulled out of) a 55/45 tackle in his favour, both Danny and Malone at fault (weak challenges) for their 2nd goal and Billy concerns me - can't find space when we have the ball but has not when our opponents have it! He's regularly turned over by a simple 1-2. I suspect he's included because of his defensive skills which, unfortunately, don't seem up to the job. Shackleton and Honeyman are unfortunately midgets and until this problem is addressed we are always going to struggle.

Afobe is limited and without a strong partner upfront (definitely not Burey) is never going to threaten.

Let's hope GR can integrate Flemming and the german into the team and makes a stellar signing before the transfer window closes.

Last edited:
Brave managers make brave decisions. Play a 4-2-3-1 against Reading
Bart
MacNamara, Hutch, Cooper, Topalloj
Shackleton, Leonard
Honeyman, Voglsammer, Burey
Afobe.
Will it work who knows but like I say decent managers outthink their opponents.

Sargeant fouled Danny then hooked Molly’s right leg away. If he had falling to one side rather than to both needs it would have looked more obvious. As others have said mere brushes with their players meant the ref couldn’t get his whistle out quick enough. I’d like to whet his whistle with a Millwall Brick! 😂
Extended highlights
Garfunkels leg was at the side of Malone when he fell over.

Wasn’t a foul for me on Danny and Malone. 2 v 1. Both them very weak in my eyes. That goal put the game to bed.

Positives there to take from the game still. Exciting watch after the changes, the German looked promising. Made a change to see one of ours make a small bit of space and getting a shot off from outside the box. Putting the keeper to the test as well. Fleming looking to get forward at every opportunity as well.

let’s not forget we were up against £160m of Norwich squad last night.

Leaving Coops out nullifies all our set plays. We don’t ever dominate midfield consequently our goal scoring opportunities will dry up.