Just Back v Hudds on stream

silverlion

Staff member
A really scrappy game which we literally threw away with ten to go.

We started well and there was good tempo to the game. We got into our stride well but never really looked a threat until 12 minutes had gone. A decent cross from Longman on the right which Honeyman tried to chest in. Him and Oba got in each other’s way and the keeper saved it. They huffed and puffed and were greatly aided by a Gale forced wind which blew the ball towards our goal and made goal kicks for us really challenging. We had the better of it but found it difficult to make it stick up front. Oba was running hard but often in the wrong direction, Flem was trying hard but Longman was like a chocolate fireguard. Our only threatening route to goal was from a set piece and we almost scored from a corner. It found its way to Tango and onto Oba who tried a scissor kick which went wide. There was a strong shout for a penalty as it struck a hand but with our luck we couldn’t win a game of tiddlywinks!. They were driven on by the strong wind and almost took the lead approaching half time. A shot from the left was well parried by Shark but it fell kindly for their man steaming in from the wing. As he was about to pull the trigger Leonard threw himself into the challenge and blocked it for a corner. It was a goal saving block and the half ended goalless.

No subs after the break but we struggled to make an impact. They took the game to us but were not really a threat. There was a good steal from Honeyman on the right and Flem took it on but it came to nothing. A few minutes later there was a hurried clearance from a cross which fell kindly for Leonard but his shot sailed over. It was clearly a time for fresh legs and on 68 off came Billy and a cream crackered Oba for BNC and Casper. We really struggled to have any impact with Longman as the main striker. He was useless. It was time to bring on Emakhu but there was no movement on the bench. They pressed forward with wide balls, long throws and some threat. Shark made a good save to keep them out but they scored with one to go. A corner was saved by Shark but his push away fell straight to an attackers head and he gleefully knocked it in for 1-0. We were gobsmacked. Hutch had come on one minute before for Longman and after conceding we took off Tango and Danny for Mayor and Esse but it was all to no avail. We are bang in trouble!

Shark made some good saves but should have either caught the ball which led to their goal or pushed it hard over the bar. Leonard was solid and Tango was similar. Cooper was OK but not really at his best. Danny was feisty on the left. Sav ran very hard but Billy was busy but had little threat. Honeyman was aggressive but showed little threat. Flem had a few moments and Oba had even less but he was a focal point with his running and aggression. When he went off we were like ten men. BNC tried hard to rally the troops and Casper was busy but had little impact. Hutch hardly had time to break sweat and I don’t think Mayor or Esse even touched the ball. It was really disappointing as we knew exactly what we had to do but we simply could not do it. Our forward line was powder puff and after Oba went off it was non existent. We could do no worse than starting Leahy or Emakhu or both as we looked zero threat going forward. Leicester will watch the highlights and think as long as they pull their shirts on then Tuesday will be a stroll in the park. Barring a miracle they may well be right!

Obviously disappointed with the result but whilst it’s in our own hands I think we will stay up. To keep it in our own hands we might need some help on Tuesday night (or we could be in the bottom three)
For the record:
Preston v Huddersfield
Sheff Wed v Norwich
Birmingham v Cardiff

I said on the match thread that i don't let a bad result affect me but this one has and that fucking hurt. It hurts a bit more cause as much as i want to and do my blind loyalty bit and defend our manager i just can't and for the first time in years and years i am fucking angry. You can't defend the mindset and tactics of that pile of cunt just served up. The Millwall way? do fuck off.

We're fucking Millwall and supposed to fear no foe. And certainly not a foe sitting below us in the table. Okay we ain't got no fit out and out strikers but you gotta go out to win. They're below us and had to have a go at us and they did. They did because Harris got it so so fucking wrong.

We never laid a glove on them. I can't blame the players or label them gutless for that when the emphasis and game plan was all about not losing. Since when was the Millwall way about turning up to a fight to sit on the ropes with your chin sticking out whilst hoping that one of the many punches thrown at you doesn't land? On top of that you need to throw some punches back if you want to hurt your opponent. We never because it was a cowardly approach and an insult to everything we stand for and pride ourselves on.

Whether Harris was scared of losing or whether he believed we couldn't win it's an unacceptable and embarrassing surrender.There's no shame in losing a fight but there's plenty when you fucking refuse to have one.

BNC for Obifemi was a bizarre substitution. Can only think that Emarku isn't fit. If so, begs the question why bother naming him in the squad?

Yes, it was bizarre, alongside bringing on Hutch on 93 minutes for Longman.
Longman was struggling for a good ten/fifteen minutes before 93 minutes and once again, Emarku should have been the replacement in my opinion. Like you said, if Harris didn't think he was match fit, why put him on the bench? Surely he could have managed fifteen minutes or so?

I've not been on Harris' back at all since he has been back, but today, I think he struggled with his subs for those last twenty minutes. When Hutch came on we were all over the shop and they then scored. I thought today, Neil Harris got it wrong.

A really scrappy game which we literally threw away with ten to go.

We started well and there was good tempo to the game. We got into our stride well but never really looked a threat until 12 minutes had gone. A decent cross from Longman on the right which Honeyman tried to chest in. Him and Oba got in each other’s way and the keeper saved it. They huffed and puffed and were greatly aided by a Gale forced wind which blew the ball towards our goal and made goal kicks for us really challenging. We had the better of it but found it difficult to make it stick up front. Oba was running hard but often in the wrong direction, Flem was trying hard but Longman was like a chocolate fireguard. Our only threatening route to goal was from a set piece and we almost scored from a corner. It found its way to Tango and onto Oba who tried a scissor kick which went wide. There was a strong shout for a penalty as it struck a hand but with our luck we couldn’t win a game of tiddlywinks!. They were driven on by the strong wind and almost took the lead approaching half time. A shot from the left was well parried by Shark but it fell kindly for their man steaming in from the wing. As he was about to pull the trigger Leonard threw himself into the challenge and blocked it for a corner. It was a goal saving block and the half ended goalless.

No subs after the break but we struggled to make an impact. They took the game to us but were not really a threat. There was a good steal from Honeyman on the right and Flem took it on but it came to nothing. A few minutes later there was a hurried clearance from a cross which fell kindly for Leonard but his shot sailed over. It was clearly a time for fresh legs and on 68 off came Billy and a cream crackered Oba for BNC and Casper. We really struggled to have any impact with Longman as the main striker. He was useless. It was time to bring on Emakhu but there was no movement on the bench. They pressed forward with wide balls, long throws and some threat. Shark made a good save to keep them out but they scored with one to go. A corner was saved by Shark but his push away fell straight to an attackers head and he gleefully knocked it in for 1-0. We were gobsmacked. Hutch had come on one minute before for Longman and after conceding we took off Tango and Danny for Mayor and Esse but it was all to no avail. We are bang in trouble!

Shark made some good saves but should have either caught the ball which led to their goal or pushed it hard over the bar. Leonard was solid and Tango was similar. Cooper was OK but not really at his best. Danny was feisty on the left. Sav ran very hard but Billy was busy but had little threat. Honeyman was aggressive but showed little threat. Flem had a few moments and Oba had even less but he was a focal point with his running and aggression. When he went off we were like ten men. BNC tried hard to rally the troops and Casper was busy but had little impact. Hutch hardly had time to break sweat and I don’t think Mayor or Esse even touched the ball. It was really disappointing as we knew exactly what we had to do but we simply could not do it. Our forward line was powder puff and after Oba went off it was non existent. We could do no worse than starting Leahy or Emakhu or both as we looked zero threat going forward. Leicester will watch the highlights and think as long as they pull their shirts on then Tuesday will be a stroll in the park. Barring a miracle they may well be right!
The only player to get any credit was Leonard the rest almost all the rest were dire , we have no structure and no real game plan it was just hit &!hope against one of the worst teams in the division , Harris,s honeymoon is over and we are no better off then when JE was in charge, a big clear out is needed come what may at the season end

I said on the match thread that i don't let a bad result affect me but this one has and that fucking hurt. It hurts a bit more cause as much as i want to and do my blind loyalty bit and defend our manager i just can't and for the first time in years and years i am fucking angry. You can't defend the mindset and tactics of that pile of cunt just served up. The Millwall way? do fuck off.

We're fucking Millwall and supposed to fear no foe. And certainly not a foe sitting below us in the table. Okay we ain't got no fit out and out strikers but you gotta go out to win. They're below us and had to have a go at us and they did. They did because Harris got it so so fucking wrong.

We never laid a glove on them. I can't blame the players or label them gutless for that when the emphasis and game plan was all about not losing. Since when was the Millwall way about turning up to a fight to sit on the ropes with your chin sticking out whilst hoping that one of the many punches thrown at you doesn't land? On top of that you need to throw some punches back if you want to hurt your opponent. We never because it was a cowardly approach and an insult to everything we stand for and pride ourselves on.

Whether Harris was scared of losing or whether he believed we couldn't win it's an unacceptable and embarrassing surrender.There's no shame in losing a fight but there's plenty when you fucking refuse to have one.
Excellent post.

Fucking fuming and concerned mate. I've retained faith and hope up to now because the players have been willing to fight and have continued to do so. I never for one second thought that Harris would turn passive and fearful.

I've always thought Harris was a great man manager and very motivational but extremely limited technically and tactically able/aware,but add to the mix the weight around his neck that is Livermore as first team coach and we get
"Groundhog day" same old shit,can anyone explain the subs he made,
LIvermore was a one dimensional player and it seems his coaching is following the trend,never suceeded anywhere.Sacked by Histon,got Millwall job????
Not sure why Harris remains loyal to him,perhaps doubts his own coaching skills,
Harris has taken ,livermore with him on every job hes had and been invariably sacked from,,loyalty is one thing but dumb blind faith to a mix that is obviously a failure is just plain thick or arrogant.
One thing is patently obvious the "football" we are playing and i use that term loosely is absolutely dire and some of the worst i can recall.
Bleak!

Fucking fuming and concerned mate. I've retained faith and hope up to now because the players have been willing to fight and have continued to do so. I never for one second thought that Harris would turn passive and fearful.
Still pissed off and probably will be for the rest of the week until Tuesday. When I’ll probably end up pissed off again

No ,no ...there is life in MFC yet in this division. I expected the worst today strange it, the result has had no lasting negative effects. Only gripe I have.is with some of the players, just going through the motions.on the pitch.

Spot on mate - today was the day I lost faith.

Harris had settled for a point long before they scored and as a result they grew in confidence and we invited pressure. I don't understand the mentality of that and while the players must of course take responsibility, the overall message that must have come from the manager was "don't lose".

If we'd won that game, they were down and we were virtually safe. That should have been the message. Now we are in the shit.

I don't like the post match comments from Harris. Blaming the players for a lack of quality when their confidence is on the floor is dumb and counter productive. He should have said it was his fault and that he takes the blame for the tactics and performance. Not because it was solely his fault, but to try and take the pressure off the players. They must be feeling it because I certainly am. Now he has to lift them for Leicester.

Harris fucked up today, but to try and have a bit of perspective, only two games ago West Brom were very happy with a point at the Den in a game we should have won.

It's still in our hands although the table is now even tighter. I think two wins are the absolute minimum we need and right now I can't see where they will come from. I do know that us, the fans, can make the difference at home.

I feel so fucking low right now.

Harris had settled for a point long before they scored and as a result they grew in confidence and we invited pressure. I don't understand the mentality of that and while the players must of course take responsibility, the overall message that must have come from the manager was "don't lose".

If we'd won that game, they were down and we were virtually safe. That should have been the message. Now we are in the shit.

I don't like the post match comments from Harris. Blaming the players for a lack of quality when their confidence is on the floor is dumb and counter productive. He should have said it was his fault and that he takes the blame for the tactics and performance. Not because it was solely his fault, but to try and take the pressure off the players. They must be feeling it because I certainly am. Now he has to lift them for Leicester.

Harris fucked up today, but to try and have a bit of perspective, only two games ago West Brom were very happy with a point at the Den in a game we should have won.

It's still in our hands although the table is now even tighter. I think two wins are the absolute minimum we need and right now I can't see where they will come from. I do know that us, the fans, can make the difference at home.

I feel so fucking low right now.
The only thing I agree with is his last paragraph. We just lacked that quality for the final pass and it’s becoming repetitive.

The only player to get any credit was Leonard the rest almost all the rest were dire , we have no structure and no real game plan it was just hit &!hope against one of the worst teams in the division , Harris,s honeymoon is over and we are no better off then when JE was in charge, a big clear out is needed come what may at the season end

I disagree about Leonard as I thought that he was caught out of position too often, but that's by-the-bye.

I think that you are spot on about everything else.

Should we have had yet another pen for handball?
“Huddersfield had begun to take advantage of the windy conditions by just chucking the ball at the Millwall defence and hoping nature intervened. But the Lions would not go quietly and should have had a penalty when Chelsea loanee Matos blocked Obafemi’s acrobatic effort with his hands.”

People are soon gonna start rolling out the “at least if we go down we will win some games”. Fuck that. We were twenty mins from a play off semi final last year with arguably a worse squad!!!!!!!

Should we have had yet another pen for handball?
“Huddersfield had begun to take advantage of the windy conditions by just chucking the ball at the Millwall defence and hoping nature intervened. But the Lions would not go quietly and should have had a penalty when Chelsea loanee Matos blocked Obafemi’s acrobatic effort with his hands.”
This Ref has decided on two penalty decisions involving us this season. 1st he gave Sunderland a penalty, which shouldn't have been given
Today he didn't give us one when the hands definitely knocked the ball away from the goal.