Just Back v Hornets

silverlion

Staff member
A really gutsy performance and a valuable three points.

We were out of the blocks quickly and were one up after three minutes. A free kick at least 30 yards out was quickly sized up by
Flem and he pushed others away so he could take it. They set the wall up well but he hit it very firmly to the keeper’s left and it took the slightest of deflections and squirmed in right by the post. The Den went nuts. They were crestfallen to start with but quickly got back into their stride. They moved the ball well and looked dangerous down both flanks. Danny had his work cut out to contain their Dennis and Leonard needed to focus 100% to keep their 12 out of the game. Both of them did well but they pushed and pressed hard and created some half chances but nothing that was really threatening. One shot was at Shark’s feet and the second was a mid range effort which he had well covered. On the other hand their keeper had a nightmare moment when a back pass wobbled over the line but the corner came to nothing. A decent pass by Sav inside almost set Watmore free but it was just intercepted. A second one sent him free but it was running fast towards the byline. He just reached it and from a tight angle close in he hit the post. They had a decent free kick which their 4 fancied but he hit it over the bar. They had more possession but never really posed a massive threat and we had our noses in front at the break.

It was clear they were going to come at us in the second half and that proved to be the case. Their lanky 4 pressed forward and made some good passes but we were really resolute. As hard as they tried they could not blow our house down. They played it wide most of the time and we had to defend in depth but we usually got a head to the cross or a foof to a pass on the edge of the box. I really can’t remember a save that Shark had to make. It was back to the walls stuff but we stuck to our task and kept to our shape. As the minutes ticked on they became more desperate and put on five subs to alter the course of the game. By contrast we put on BNC for a tiring Watmore and then Longman on for a cream crackered Oba. To bottle it up Casper and Joe came on for Danny and Billy at the death.It was nervy but we held on and on and after 5/6 added minutes the three points were ours and Rockin All Over the World rang out loud and proud and a sigh of collective relief was exhaled by all the Millwall faithful.

Shark played well but honestly he had little to do. Danny was a warrior and so was Leonard. Cooper and Tango were solid. Billy ran his nuts off and Sav never stopped running. He got the club’s MOM and I agreed he was a driving force in the middle. In the first half he brought the ball out of defence, looped it over their defender, ran on to head it towards Oba and pushed them back every inch he could. Honeyman never stopped running and Watmore had his moments. Flem scored a great free kick and ran hard and Oba had a better game where he had more impact.
The crowd was immense and drove the team on to a victory. A clean sheet, three points and now 18th but it is very tight at the bottom. Two wins on the spin and there was more guts and spirit in 90 minutes than I have seen all season. It was a joy to be in the crowd and everybody in navy blue left with a spring in their step and a smile on their face. The Mighty Lions.

Its mad. There is only 6 points between the mid table team (Watford) and the team 3 from bottom. Still a lot of grit, spunk and determination required.

The team clearly enjoyed walking round the pitch to applause rather than the booing in the last game at the Den.

Its mad. There is only 6 points between the mid table team (Watford) and the team 3 from bottom. Still a lot of grit, spunk and determination required.

The team clearly enjoyed walking round the pitch to applause rather than the booing in the last game at the Den.
Fine margins up to the very last kick of the season.
When you think of all the points we’ve dropped in the last five minutes this season, you see why we are where we are.

it wasn’t pretty, in fact it was a 10 pints take a munter home ugly, but all that matters for the rest of the season is the points. Been critical of Billy at times but he’s exactly the type of player we need atm thought he was immense. Thought the crowd was class getting behind the team. Can’t believe everyone else is still winning but it’s dragged more teams into the mix. It’s going to be one hell of finish not sure my ticker will survive.

Thanks for being back Silver.

Wasnt pretty, but i, like others, said when Harris was reapppointed its the passion, fight and energy we need to win games. Couldnt care less how we get wins at this stage of the season.. its all about survival mode. We seem to have that grit in abundance right now.

Billy was good again today. Flemming likewise. Saville was his old self. Danny mac and leonard are up for the fight.

Obafemi seems a bit casual at times. Honeyman looked shattered after half hour. Couldnt care, whatever works. To put it simply, Neil Harris is clearly who we need right now. The man cares, and it shows on the touchline. Plays every pass and gees up the players at all times. Complete opposite to Joe Edwards who slagged players off at any opportunity after a dissapointing result and he sat on his arse looking at a tv monitor constantly.

Well done 'wall. Good turnout, and another loud one is needed next week vs Brum. 3 points against that mob would put us in good stead with the season quickly coming to an end.

Miiiiiiiillllllll

Next.

Seems bradshaw,s out for the rest of the season so our attacking force is even lighter now just when we needed everyone , could be a turning point in our quest to stay up as anymore loans are out of the picture....we really need someone to step up to the plate but who that will be is anyone's guess

Seems bradshaw,s out for the rest of the season so our attacking force is even lighter now just when we needed everyone , could be a turning point in our quest to stay up as anymore loans are out of the picture....we really need someone to step up to the plate but who that will be is anyone's guess
Like Zian is? Aidamo is also class, just lacks a little experience. Bradders hasnt been in the team too much of late, and although i dont think Oba is the answer... Zian has found a new confidence within himself the past month. Looks to have settled himself well and is well up for a battle.

Well NH put a stop to the debate about whether to play one or two up front because for the last 20 minutes we had no one up front. Obviously I’m as pleased as punch and the players fought as we expect them to but didn’t under JE, however…
(maybe the however is for another day?)

Wonder why Mitchell is in instead of Casper, is he not match fit after an injury or just not fancied by NH!?.
It wouldn’t surprise me if NH doesn’t rate him.

The most composed player on the ball we have who finds space and can turn, move forward and create.

Not frightened to tackle or head the ball, albeit a little on the small side. Without De Norre we’re light in the creation department 🤷‍♂️

These tippy tippy football teams struggle against a well drilled 442 formation, ok its not pretty to watch but it gets the job done.
Southampton last week and Watford today huffed and puffed but could not breach a well organised defence.
Well said mate! 👍

Many thanks Silver. Basically agree with you. Somebody said it qas'nt enjoyable to which I and others said "We're not looking for enjoyment or entertainment, just three effing points" we got them. LO NG LIVE "BOMBER"
It may not have been pretty, but I am engaged again with the team. I'm yelling my head off and jumping up and down, kicking every ball and winning every tackle with our blokes. Under Edwards I was just switching off at times, drifting away watching the pigeons. The whole feel of the place had a little bit (and I mean only a little bit) of an edge back today, which had become blunt over the last few years.