Just Back v Gillingham …..and the pub!

I thought Alex Mitchell was excellent. He looks to have matured and barely put a foot wrong.

My expectations for Okoli and Adom-Malik have been slightly tempered. Both got caught out a few times and although both are fine prospects, a loan to a league 2 club and playing every week would do them the world of good.

Watmore looked sharp and Nisbet definitely has something about him. Bryan is a huge improvement on what we previously had and it was a shame that Honeyman got injured as I wanted to see how he coped in the right wing-back role.

Esse was class. What a Rolls-Royce of a player. He is still only 18 years old and yet he looked like he had more time on the ball than any other player on the pitch.

These 'fans' really boil my beans. They mostly there just to say they are. Social media obsessed nobs that know nothing about the game or team. We have 5 seats behind us that are not taken by regulars. Every week different 'fans' turn up late, talk drivel, get players names wrong but talk like experts, constantly on their phones, go down to the foyer after 30 mins of the first half, come back to their seats 10 mins late and fcuk off on 80 mins. What is the point?
Probably why the atmosphere at games has changed so much. Or I'm getting old?

It's like this at football and at music concerts. People watching through their phones. It drives me mad. You have the greatest camera ever invented. It's called your eyes. And a thing called a brain that stores memories. This generation of people, not just the young, is the most self-obsessed and vainglorious there has ever been. It is pathetic.

I thought Alex Mitchell was excellent. He looks to have matured and barely put a foot wrong.

My expectations for Okoli and Adom-Malik have been slightly tempered. Both got caught out a few times and although both are fine prospects, a loan to a league 2 club and playing every week would do them the world of good.

Watmore looked sharp and Nisbet definitely has something about him. Bryan is a huge improvement on what we previously had and it was a shame that Honeyman got injured as I wanted to see how he coped in the right wing-back role.

Esse was class. What a Rolls-Royce of a player. He is still only 18 years old and yet he looked like he had more time on the ball than any other player on the pitch.
Time to stop stressing about loaning a centre half. Now we have Bryan, Murray can be used as a CB and Mitchell is ready as cover. Use our own kids.
Okoli and Adom-Malik agreed. Loan out for experience but Emaku looks a decent player to keep on the fringe.

Yes he nearly got us relegated last season.

I wonder who next seasons boo boy is going to be :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

I'm going to blame him for the first penalty that we miss.

''''''''' Flemming steps up, hands on hips,pensive and focussed, steps forward, bang, saved by the keeper low to his right hand corner. Long you cunt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Keller would have saved it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Prick.

Agree with you, Peckham. Long is a total disgrace and Bart would have saved that. Look at his record from last season.

In all seriousness, he reminds me a bit of Jordan Pickford. Very good with both feet and his distribution is excellent but like Pickford, he is a better goalkeeper than people give him credit for.

Screenshot (164).png

Time to stop stressing about loaning a centre half. Now we have Bryan, Murray can be used as a CB and Mitchell is ready as cover. Use our own kids.
Okoli and Adom-Malik agreed. Loan out for experience but Emaku looks a decent player to keep on the fringe.

And Leonard has always excelled there. So that's five centre-backs.

Agree with you, Peckham. Long is a total disgrace and Bart would have saved that. Look at his record from last season.

In all seriousness, he reminds me a bit of Jordan Pickford. Very good with both feet and his distribution is excellent but like Pickford, he is a better goalkeeper than people give him credit for.

View attachment 23180
Apparently he made a few decent saves yesterday. Obviously still shit though cause it was friendly and he never meant them.

Apparently he made a few decent saves yesterday. Obviously still shit though cause it was friendly and he never meant them.

I don't know if there is any truth in the rumours we are in for the Bournemouth keeper, but I wouldn't be averse to Long being in goal. Bart has his advocates but he is now 36 years old and looks a bit creaky, which is a fucking cheek coming from me as I am 12 years older than him.

I don't know if there is any truth in the rumours we are in for the Bournemouth keeper, but I wouldn't be averse to Long being in goal. Bart has his advocates but he is now 36 years old and looks a bit creaky, which is a fucking cheek coming from me as I am 12 years older than him.
Players like Travers might not come along that often to the likes of us, if we have a chance of getting him then I'd like to see it happen, not that I have a problem with our current keepers but improving the starting line up is what we have been doing for a few years now and whilst that was the easiest position to improve when we had Jordan in goal it has become more of a priority this summer.

"after Billy Mitchell's clearance cannoned off a Sutton man, Long was able to make a smart and reactionary stop." Bart would never have stopped that! :whist:

"after Billy Mitchell's clearance cannoned off a Sutton man, Long was able to make a smart and reactionary stop." Bart would never have stopped that! :whist:
What's your point?

The match reports that i've read says he made some good saves.

Last edited:
What's your point?

The match reports that i've read says he made some good saves. What's your problem with that? doesn't suit the witch hunt?

I hope your'e not trying to get one up on me cause we know how that ends :whist:
Just thought I would mention it. Credit where its due.

From the OS

Long had to tip a wind-assisted Will Wright corner-kick over his own crossbar in the dying embers of the 90 minutes, with referee John Busby blowing for time on a solid victory not long after.

This has just reminded me of that goal that Kamil Grosicki scored against us when he played for Hull. Free kick near the side line and he thumped it nice and high, sailed over Bart into the far corner. Wonder what ever happened to him?

This has just reminded me of that goal that Kamil Grosicki scored against us when he played for Hull. Free kick near the side line and he thumped it nice and high, sailed over Bart into the far corner. Wonder what ever happened to him?
Long would have saved it.🤪🤪🤪