Just Back v Gillingham …..and the pub!

silverlion

Staff member
A decent pre season workout and a comfortable win.

We started well and Watmore looked busy in the middle, Bryan looked the part wide left and Nisbet looked a threat. We played two different team in each half and began with Bart, Honeyman Mitchell Cooper Wallace Bryan, Billy Esse Watmore Bradshaw Nisbet. We looked more of a threat as the half wore on and there was a good effort from Billy that went wide and a good tap,in from close range from Bradshaw which the lino ruled out for offside and then we scored from the spot. A good ball inside left to Watmore who just got inside his marker who brought him down and the ref pointed to the spot. Nisbet stepped up and smashed it into the top right hand corner for an emphatic penalty. Earlier Honeyman got crocked in our box and Danny came on after about 20 to replace him. They huffed and puffed but made little headway and the only shot that Bart had to save was a tame header straight at him from 12 yards. We continued to press but threatened but didn’t create anything.

There were ten changes at the beginning of the second half and the team was Long Danny Leonard Hutch Okoli Nino Evans Sav Flem Vogi Emakhu. They had more of the ball and we didn’t play as well. The ball did not stick for Vogi and Emakhu was a willing runner but we did not have the same presence up front. They fancied their chances and pressed forward well but had little threat. Okoli got caught out and their forward ran forward with intent but Long made a good smothering save. He also pushed one away from an in swinging corner and they were giving it large behind the goal. The banter was merciless and there were many cries of “You’re just a bunch of pikeys” and where’s your caravan and they got worked up. However we shut them all up with a decent goal from Emakhu. There was a good ball forward down the left which he chased with their defender. He pressed him hard and the ball broke to him on the edge of the box and he absolutely blasted it into the top right hand corner. Their mob left in a rush and there was a merciless cry of “Where’s the fire drill” The game petered out after a few minutes and Hutch and Cooper came over to give handshakes to some on the line.

It was just a decent workout and we deserved the win. On the first half display the players that stood out were Bryan, who looked lively down the left, Esse who looked very confident on the ball and Nisbet who looked a proper striker with good control and threat. All the others looked fine. The second half display was not as good. Long looked solid and so did Sav. Okoli was caught out a couple of times and did not look entirely convincing, Evans misplaced two or three passes, Flem did not show much and Vogi ran around but produced very little. Emakhu looked quick and took his goal well. On the evidence of two different teams playing 45 I would think the best team was probably,

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Bryan
Sav Billy Flem
Esse Rab Bradshaw

I won’t be at Sutton but I am hoping that they might stream it but if anyone is going then feel free to write a Just Back.

A decent pre season workout and a comfortable win.

We started well and Watmore looked busy in the middle, Bryan looked the part wide left and Nisbet looked a threat. We played two different team in each half and began with Bart, Honeyman Mitchell Cooper Wallace Bryan, Billy Esse Watmore Bradshaw Nisbet. We looked more of a threat as the half wore on and there was a good effort from Billy that went wide and a good tap,in from close range from Bradshaw which the lino ruled out for offside and then we scored from the spot. A good ball inside left to Watmore who just got inside his marker who brought him down and the ref pointed to the spot. Nisbet stepped up and smashed it into the top right hand corner for an emphatic penalty. Earlier Honeyman got crocked in our box and Danny came on after about 20 to replace him. They huffed and puffed but made little headway and the only shot that Bart had to save was a tame header straight at him from 12 yards. We continued to press but threatened but didn’t create anything.

There were ten changes at the beginning of the second half and the team was Long Danny Leonard Hutch Okoli Nino Evans Sav Flem Vogi Emakhu. They had more of the ball and we didn’t play as well. The ball did not stick for Vogi and Emakhu was a willing runner but we did not have the same presence up front. They fancied their chances and pressed forward well but had little threat. Okoli got caught out and their forward ran forward with intent but Long made a good smothering save. He also pushed one away from an in swinging corner and they were giving it large behind the goal. The banter was merciless and there were many cries of “You’re just a bunch of pikeys” and where’s your caravan and they got worked up. However we shut them all up with a decent goal from Emakhu. There was a good ball forward down the left which he chased with their defender. He pressed him hard and the ball broke to him on the edge of the box and he absolutely blasted it into the top right hand corner. Their mob left in a rush and there was a merciless cry of “Where’s the fire drill” The game petered out after a few minutes and Hutch and Cooper came over to give handshakes to some on the line.

It was just a decent workout and we deserved the win. On the first half display the players that stood out were Bryan, who looked lively down the left, Esse who looked very confident on the ball and Nisbet who looked a proper striker with good control and threat. All the others looked fine. The second half display was not as good. Long looked solid and so did Sav. Okoli was caught out a couple of times and did not look entirely convincing, Evans misplaced two or three passes, Flem did not show much and Vogi ran around but produced very little. Emakhu looked quick and took his goal well. On the evidence of two different teams playing 45 I would think the best team was probably,

Long
Danny Hutch Cooper Bryan
Sav Billy Flem
Esse Rab Bradshaw

I won’t be at Sutton but I am hoping that they might stream it but if anyone is going then feel free to write a Just Back.
Hey Silver. They are not going to stream the Sutton match.
The next match that will be streamed is v Charlton.

Max said this at the end of the match today.

Glad of your 'just back' today as didn't see much of the game even though I was there.
Sat at the front and fans constantly walking back and forth in front of us we missed most of it.
Shit ground, but why do people go to games and spend most of their time at the bar? They do this at home as well so not just because it was a friendly. I don't get it? All the cost and travel etc to drink overpriced watered down shit beer and miss the game??

I said exactly the same to my mate as you said above. It is a complete mystery. We did the smart thing and that was to have a farmhouse breakfast at the Manor Cafe in Lee, drove down to the game and afterwards drove back to the Summerfield in Lee for a pint of Doombar. Add to all of that we won and soon I am cooking steaks on the BBQ. The end to a perfect day!

Cheers Silver, but putting Long in goal gives me the squits!!!
Yes he nearly got us relegated last season.

I wonder who next seasons boo boy is going to be :hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

I'm going to blame him for the first penalty that we miss.

''''''''' Flemming steps up, hands on hips,pensive and focussed, steps forward, bang, saved by the keeper low to his right hand corner. Long you cunt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Keller would have saved it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Prick.

Cheers Silver, but putting Long in goal gives me the squits!!!
Came out for a 1v1 to edge of box and made a decent save yesterday to keep us in it at 1-0. Pleased with how he done yesterday. Also dealt well with a corner that looked like the wind was taking the ball into the net behind him. Didn't flap once. Upwards and onwards.

Glad of your 'just back' today as didn't see much of the game even though I was there.
Sat at the front and fans constantly walking back and forth in front of us we missed most of it.
Shit ground, but why do people go to games and spend most of their time at the bar? They do this at home as well so not just because it was a friendly. I don't get it? All the cost and travel etc to drink overpriced watered down shit beer and miss the game??
If I was wealthy I'd take out a pitchside advert during the game saying ' turn off your phone and watch the football'.

If I was wealthy I'd take out a pitchside advert during the game saying ' turn off your phone and watch the football'.
These 'fans' really boil my beans. They mostly there just to say they are. Social media obsessed nobs that know nothing about the game or team. We have 5 seats behind us that are not taken by regulars. Every week different 'fans' turn up late, talk drivel, get players names wrong but talk like experts, constantly on their phones, go down to the foyer after 30 mins of the first half, come back to their seats 10 mins late and fcuk off on 80 mins. What is the point?
Probably why the atmosphere at games has changed so much. Or I'm getting old?