Just Back V Brum

Just a word about Billy Mitchell. I know there are some on here who don't rate him but for me, he has been fantastic. He never ever hides, he rarely gives the ball away, puts in a shift and leaves it all out on the pitch.
Totally agree. He would give blood for this team. If things are not going well with his game he as you say doesn't hide just gets on with it. He looks proud to wear the shirt.

I think another reason we have found some consistency is a more settled side.
Yes, we have had some changes, but only amongst the same 12 or 13 players.
Edwards kept making 4 or 5 changes, but with different combinations of players coming in each time.
That can’t have helped.
Yes, I’d love to see Esse and Mayor have a go, but the settled side seems to be paying dividends.

I thought we were good for that win, Brum only had a little 10 minute spell of pressure on us. Glad it was Tango that got the goal as a few around me were giving him grief for some reason. Harris bounce is still going, really good defending today but be nice if he had some choices up front as Oba was struggling on his own.
The other 10 could help - just saying 🤷‍♂️

I thought we were good for that win, Brum only had a little 10 minute spell of pressure on us. Glad it was Tango that got the goal as a few around me were giving him grief for some reason. Harris bounce is still going, really good defending today but be nice if he had some choices up front as Oba was struggling on his own.
It’s been happening for a few seasons, a single striker upfront expected to run opponents ragged😞

The poor sods have next to no chance 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
In his post match NH made a point of saying that Casper has been really excellent in training. However, Billy and Sav have played together many many times and they are the safe option. Add to that their partnership works and we have got ten out of the last twelve points and unbeaten in four. Those statistics don’t just happen by chance!

Watching the stream after the final whistle the cameras were showing players on the pitch including the subs, for 2 seconds they went to the bench and De Norre was stood there looking so miserable you would of thought we had lost. It was a brief glimpse so it might of given the wrong impression but even if he doesn't start I'm sure he is thinking he deserves half an hour when we are looking for a goal.

I keep reading people’s views on how shit we played. Well, that’s how Harris plays - cautiously, probably more so than Rowett, but it’s what we need. 1-0 wins are brilliant. It’s not about the performance anymore. That’s starts preseason.

It’s all about survival and no matter how ugly.

Well done to Bomber and the boys. They had a game plan again, and again, it worked.

A draw at Weeds next week and a nicked win at home to Brom and we’ll be well away from the bottom 3 - keep the faith.
For me it isn't the way Harris asks them to play but we have suddenly become poorer with the ball, nothing to do with tactics just the basic passing and control has let us down in the last 4 games when we have seen that done much better over the last year
Flemming trying first time flicks, Obafemi looks like he is playing with a balloon not a football and some simple 10 foot passes missing the intended receiver.
Would make life a lot easier once they get back to doing that right.

I think another reason we have found some consistency is a more settled side.
Yes, we have had some changes, but only amongst the same 12 or 13 players.
Edwards kept making 4 or 5 changes, but with different combinations of players coming in each time.
That can’t have helped.
Yes, I’d love to see Esse and Mayor have a go, but the settled side seems to be paying dividends.
I think JE will learn. He got us pushing the ball about well. With a better set of players and facing other sides (prem style) doing the same he might have done well. Unfortunatly for him it didnt work in the Championship. Better to win dirty than lose pretty. The annoying thing is as Ed just said, we have already lost that ability to pass well.

Last edited:
It’s been happening for a few seasons, a single striker upfront expected to run opponents ragged😞

The poor sods have next to no chance 🤷‍♂️
Don't worry, mate, it's all been fixed now as all our strikers are injured, so we will have none up front.

I think everyone is being a bit harsh on Obafemi, he definitely gives us more physical presence up front and not every ball comes back at us when it gets played up to him like it does our other forward options. I thought he tried hard yesterday as always a forward in a Millwall side is a difficult position to play as you either get no service or when you get the ball there is nobody near enough for you to give and go so you are expected to do it all on your own.
If we are still going down then yesterday proved we will at least be putting up a fight now, which we couldnt have said after the Sheffield Weds performance.