Just Back v Blackburn

silverlion

Staff member
A good start, a downward spiral from there and a poor result.

We started brightly and we’re one up by the third minute. Joe got fouled just in their half and took the free kick himself. It bobbled about in the box Cooper headed it goalwards, Harding followed it up with another header and the keeper made a complete hash of the save and suddenly we were one up. It was the sort of save that used to make those Christmas videos of goalkeeping howlers. It went through his hands, through his legs and rolled over the line for the opening goal. Their mob couldn’t believe it!
They were crestfallen but soon realised there was space to be exploited all over the pitch. Within five minutes they were strolling about like Barcelona and we were running around with our tongues hanging out. People around me were shouting for us to get stuck in but there was nobody to get stuck into. They played short balls, long balls, little triangles, one twos and we were often just spectators. There were two high points. A through ball to Longman from Billy that he couldn’t quite stretch to and another to Emakhu which just ran off his toe. The rest was just slick, controlled passing from Blackburn. A move down the right was tracked by Emakhu but his first challenge failed and he never made a second. Their bloke powered on, played a one two got the ball inside the box, squared it and it was knocked in from five yards. They were rampant and we had no answer. How we survived I’ll never know but it was even at the break.

Surely we would get a roasting at half time and play better second half. Well we did but our shortcomings were still evident. Bradshaw missed a couple of glancing headers and they came back into it. From an attacking move of ours the ball broke on their left and a sweet forty yard cross field pass found their full back breaking at pace on their right. He powered forward, cut inside and hit a sweet curling effort into the top corner for their second. It was time for fresh legs. Off went a crocked Joe and an ineffective Longman and on came Murray and Esse. We looked good going forward but the final pass or shot did not find its mark. Honeyman and Sav replaced Billy and Emakhu on 66 and we pressed forward with endeavour but little threat. We had corners and free kicks but never got close. Esse moved well down the right, cut inside and hit a poor shot straight at the keeper but we survived two great chances for them. They had men over in the box but weight of numbers smuggled the ball clear. A second golden chance saw a great save from Bart to keep them at bay. At the death Esse headed a great chance wide and they ran out 2-1 winners.

Bart played well to keep the score at 2-1 and stood little chance with either goal. BNC had a better second half, Cooper and Harding were OK but lacked pace at the back and Joe had a reasonable game until he was crocked. Billy ran hard but apart from one decent pass he looked ineffective. Longman had a couple of moments but flattered to deceive. Casper looked good and tried really hard and got my MOM. Flem had some moments as did Emakhu but Tom had a poor game where nothing stuck to him and he never got remotely close to winning a header. Esse had some moments but Sav and especially Honeyman gave us some real energy in the middle. They just looked quicker on the ball, incisive in the tackle, played more joined up football and were just a better team than us. A quick word about the ref who was dreadful. A powder puff challenge on them won a free kick but a full blown rugby tackle on us was waived away. He will not be on my Christmas Card list!

Bart stood little chance with either goal. REALLY?….
Haven’t seen a replay but my impression was that he parried the shot for their first goal and it flopped over the line but even if he had got a firmer hand to it and blocked it their forward would have put it away anyway

De Norre continues to impress & I thought Flemming looked much stronger than earlier in the season (put himself about more) but Emakhu who started well enough faded badly & ran out of ideas

What concerns me is that we are most vulnerable when we attack from a corner kick, the ball is always delivered into the six-yard box and when cleared we are completely ripped apart by the opposition pace from most teams.
The tired method of Cooper and Co standing at the bus stop box is well and truly old hat, and now that GR set-piece coach is now stand-in manager with license to have given him other idea's that say the departure of GR has freed him up to be his own man.
JB and SC must see that any new appointment must be free of the current coaching set-up because their methods are so tired and lacking, which pains me to call for, but past and loyal servants should be given all the help needed to resettle in other roles not around the first team.

Thanks Silver

I thought Flemming was poor. BNC was lazy, Billy was average and Bradders ineffective. I thought Honeyman looked strong when he came on as did Sav. I still think we need a Moody or Mitchell type upfront. Shortarse centre forwards just don't do it for me.

A good start, a downward spiral from there and a poor result.

We started brightly and we’re one up by the third minute. Joe got fouled just in their half and took the free kick himself. It bobbled about in the box Cooper headed it goalwards, Harding followed it up with another header and the keeper made a complete hash of the save and suddenly we were one up. It was the sort of save that used to make those Christmas videos of goalkeeping howlers. It went through his hands, through his legs and rolled over the line for the opening goal. Their mob couldn’t believe it!
They were crestfallen but soon realised there was space to be exploited all over the pitch. Within five minutes they were strolling about like Barcelona and we were running around with our tongues hanging out. People around me were shouting for us to get stuck in but there was nobody to get stuck into. They played short balls, long balls, little triangles, one twos and we were often just spectators. There were two high points. A through ball to Longman from Billy that he couldn’t quite stretch to and another to Emakhu which just ran off his toe. The rest was just slick, controlled passing from Blackburn. A move down the right was tracked by Emakhu but his first challenge failed and he never made a second. Their bloke powered on, played a one two got the ball inside the box, squared it and it was knocked in from five yards. They were rampant and we had no answer. How we survived I’ll never know but it was even at the break.

Surely we would get a roasting at half time and play better second half. Well we did but our shortcomings were still evident. Bradshaw missed a couple of glancing headers and they came back into it. From an attacking move of ours the ball broke on their left and a sweet forty yard cross field pass found their full back breaking at pace on their right. He powered forward, cut inside and hit a sweet curling effort into the top corner for their second. It was time for fresh legs. Off went a crocked Joe and an ineffective Longman and on came Murray and Esse. We looked good going forward but the final pass or shot did not find its mark. Honeyman and Sav replaced Billy and Emakhu on 66 and we pressed forward with endeavour but little threat. We had corners and free kicks but never got close. Esse moved well down the right, cut inside and hit a poor shot straight at the keeper but we survived two great chances for them. They had men over in the box but weight of numbers smuggled the ball clear. A second golden chance saw a great save from Bart to keep them at bay. At the death Esse headed a great chance wide and they ran out 2-1 winners.

Bart played well to keep the score at 2-1 and stood little chance with either goal. BNC had a better second half, Cooper and Harding were OK but lacked pace at the back and Joe had a reasonable game until he was crocked. Billy ran hard but apart from one decent pass he looked ineffective. Longman had a couple of moments but flattered to deceive. Casper looked good and tried really hard and got my MOM. Flem had some moments as did Emakhu but Tom had a poor game where nothing stuck to him and he never got remotely close to winning a header. Esse had some moments but Sav and especially Honeyman gave us some real energy in the middle. They just looked quicker on the ball, incisive in the tackle, played more joined up football and were just a better team than us. A quick word about the ref who was dreadful. A powder puff challenge on them won a free kick but a full blown rugby tackle on us was waived away. He will not be on my Christmas Card list!
Perfect assessment silver agree on everything with just a special mention for Casper and Cuffey both outstanding.

I thought Flemming was poor. BNC was lazy, Billy was average and Bradders ineffective. I thought Honeyman looked strong when he came on as did Sav. I still think we need a Moody or Mitchell type upfront. Shortarse centre forwards just don't do it for me.
Glad you see it too, I thought flemming was poor. Some of his lay offs were terrible. Often tries a shot too when a block is gonna stop it

Thanks Silver
Appreciated especially as I couldn't make it last night. Reading your report that the other team looked like a team made me once again query what DO they do at Calshot Road. Our passing and tCyics have deteriorated over the past two seasons
As Loonheartsays maybe it needs a.big shake up .

New part time manager still the same boring tactics and defects , we have a soft centre and anyone with pace just runs through unchallenged to our box happened on Saturday and tonight, no flair upfront and corners ,free kicks we are a one trick pony..really need fresh eyes,tactics ,training in charge before we settle on the bottom like the titanic, we have the players i m sure but the level of basic football ,( passing) is poor and whoever came up with the tactic to NOT attempt a tackle before the oppo are in shooting distance needs shooting himself but let's get behind them for the Watford game and hope

New part time manager still the same boring tactics and defects , we have a soft centre and anyone with pace just runs through unchallenged to our box happened on Saturday and tonight, no flair upfront and corners ,free kicks we are a one trick pony..really need fresh eyes,tactics ,training in charge before we settle on the bottom like the titanic, we have the players i m sure but the level of basic football ,( passing) is poor and whoever came up with the tactic to NOT attempt a tackle before the oppo are in shooting distance needs shooting himself but let's get behind them for the Watford game and hope
Spot on

Didnt think we deserved to get beat ,bart was at fault for their first but not the 2nd he also made two really good stops that some wouldnt have , cuffey de norre bryan had good games harding esse cooper had fair games , i like mitchell he's as honest as you can get always wanting the ball even when not in a positon to , i dont understand why saville isnt starting unless they dont think he can last 90 mins these days ,
Emakhu has real ability but still has a lot to learn . We hardly ever beat blackburn , and they are a reminder of the harsh fact of championship football that theres rarely a bad side in the division , if we dont get the right manager the last 4 years will go on to be seen as a golden era , im convinced we are good enough for this division but where we finish this season is anyones guess

Bradshaw was getting fucking nowhere last night, why not throw Leahy on for the last 10 minutes, give their defenders something different to worry about.
They had Bradshaw in their pockets!!!!
As I have said he’s not self creative and hardly links up with players ie 1 ——-2s etc. never seen him feign to do something either.

Bradshaw is a poacher type goal scorer that’s only ever going to be effective and score goals from inside the penalty area. But we aren’t the sort of team that slides the ball across the box or cuts it back for a tap in. Instead we play the lazy way and shell balls up to him neck high with two 6 foot plus defenders on his back. I know I’d be fucked off if the team wasn’t playing to my strengths!

A loss and a lot of negative feedback, which is understandable when they were passing it around with ease for most of the first half.

However, had Harding got that ball on target, in the 2nd half at the back post, then it would have been a different game. I do like Hardings enthusiasm, he plays for his shirt. Good to see Honeyman back, he made a good cameo and put some good balls into the box. We look very blunt up front and the final balls are generally poor.