Just Back (Abridged Version)

PurleyLion

Staff member
Tippy tappy football is all very good for winning the possession % but very little else.

We’ve lost to a poor QPR team that was totally outplayed for the first 30, albeit outplayed until we reached 30 yards from their goal.

They took the lead circa 30 minutes when Willock (the best player on the pitch) centred and somehow Chair poked home when BNC should have cleared.

No changes at half-time.

QPR started the 2nd half better but slowly we gained control without threatening.

Late in the game Chair turned someone inside out, laid it back for a shot from the edge of the box that Sarkic saved but fumbled and Armstrong (a cart horse of a player) bundled the ball home.

Very disappointing, not least JE’s reluctance to bring De Norre and Saville on. Also can’t work out why he didn’t start with Longman.

Nisbet hooked off in the 2nd but he had sod all service and was expected to pressurise their defence like Tom, which unfortunately he can’t do.

More to come when I get home.

Last edited:
All you need to add Jim is that we were proper brown stuff for most of the match and Rab was about as useful as a chocolate fireguard
Not sure if I can be bothered 🤷‍♂️

I could write pages and virtually none of it positive 😞

One thing is certain upfront we are toothless and lack a physical presence. If this is not addressed soon relegation will still very much be a possibility !

Tippy tippy is all very good for winning the possession % but very all else.

We’ve lost to a poor QPR team that was totally outplayed for the first 30, albeit that was outplayed up until we reached their 30 yards from their goal.

They took the lead circa 30 minutes when Willock (the best player on the pitch) centred and somehow Chair poked home when BNC should have cleared.

No changes at half-time.

QPR started the 2nd half better but slowly we gained control without threatening.

Late in the game Chair turned someone inside out, laid it back for a shot from the edge of the box that Sarkic saved but fumbled and Armstrong (a cart horse of a player) bundled the ball home.

Very disappointing, not least JE’s reluctance to bring De Norre and Saville on. Also can’t work out why he didn’t start with Longman.

Nisbet hooked off in the 2nd but he had sod all service and was expected to pressurise their defence like Tom, which unfortunately he can’t do.

More to come when I get home.
In my opinion flemming is expected to be the main supplier of ammunition for Nisbet,. He is meant to be our Chair. Our glue that brings our midfielders together with nice pass and move sequences of play ending with a tap in for Nisbet. We need a chair, Pritchard type 10 who controls the middle, unfortunately zian isn’t quick footed, quick thinking or mobile enough to take on that job. You might get one productive piece of play out of him in the game. Not a good comparison I know but compare him with Connor Gallagher at Chelsea. Hare and tortoise , he is very slow, which don’t work where he plays.

Not sure if I can be bothered 🤷‍♂️

I could write pages and virtually none of it positive 😞

One thing is certain upfront we are toothless and lack a physical presence. If this is not addressed soon relegation will still very much be a possibility !
Physical presence. Ta Da.!!!!
Even with Tom and Nisbet we don't have it.
Doesn't have to be big immovable lump , but someone who can give a CB or two something to think about , and others can feed off of.
Sounds simple but where the fuck do we get one from , with our obvious limited budget , a loan or lower league gamble must be the option.
Fingers x'd Edwards can get something sorted. Otherwise it looks like we are trying to play this false nine bollocks ,and we ain't got the troops.
IMHO

Physical presence. Ta Da.!!!!
Even with Tom and Nisbet we don't have it.
Doesn't have to be big immovable lump , but someone who can give a CB or two something to think about , and others can feed off of.
Sounds simple but where the fuck do we get one from , with our obvious limited budget , a loan or lower league gamble must be the option.
Fingers x'd Edwards can get something sorted. Otherwise it looks like we are trying to play this false nine bollocks ,and we ain't got the troops.
IMHO
We’ve got a whole false front line

Obviously JE has got his own ideas but did we actually create anything from “playing out from the back” & did we really have to stoop to playing Ryan Longman up front for the last 35 mins?
P.s. apart from one tackle in the first half Bryan looked totally disinterested

Regardless of the tactics and subs it's the team performance in a local derby that i find unacceptable. They should be more than motivated enough to play with some desire and spirit The manager isn't the only one that had a bad day.

Last edited:
Regardless of the tactics and subs it's the team performance in a local derby that i find unacceptable. They should be more than motivated enough to play with some desire and spirit The manager isn't the only one that had a bad day.
I'm with you on this. That was f@cking diabolical today. And taking off nisbet and putting on longman. Wtf is that about. Raging

We let them rough us up and win the loose balls. The slow build ups from the back has turned it into a game of chess. Aka into the teams we despise. Simply put we are playing too deep, too slow and too predictable. You have to mix it up with the odd long hoof ball. Without this threat teams can push further up field.

To me it looks like he’s being asked to play too far forward which means when we lose the ball he’s often exposed 🤔
I think Murray's lack of pace is a real liability, but he rarely gets caught out of position. Yesterday Murray played just as far up the pitch as Bryan, but defensively he was vastly superior.

Imo Bryan is very poor defensively: In addition to being caught out of position too often, he doesn't close his man down quickly enough (and his tackling isn't up to much either).

Very disappointing. Fully agree with Happy., too much "Tippy tappy Football, plus lack of pace. Mr. EDWARDS, we are not a fooball test bed for you. We just want a determined team that wants to win. That's what most of our supporters want, I believe, so get on with it.

Possibly one of a handful of spot on posts regarding yesterdays nightmare.

I'm with you on this. That was f@cking diabolical today. And taking off nisbet and putting on longman. Wtf is that about. Raging
Get the impression that JE does not rate Nisbett, in a recent interview he made a point of saying that we miss Bradshaw, if we do get a forward in the transfer window can see Nisbett dropping down the pecking order.

Members online

No members online now.