Joe Edwards stats

His stats are now officially worse that Ian Holloway's W4 D4 L11

Something has to be done NOW surely!
Don’t entirely agree as personally I don’t mind the odd relegation battle but to put it in perspective:
It was the Ipswich manager’s 100 game in charge and he’s only lost 12 games in all that time!

Don’t entirely agree as personally I don’t mind the odd relegation battle but to put it in perspective:
It was the Ipswich manager’s 100 game in charge and he’s only lost 12 games in all that time!
WHAT!? Look at OUR OWN performances and results... ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!

My comment wasn't about the Ipswich manager (and good for him btw) my comment was how bad JE's stats are. Food for thought about maybe what our board should do to avoid the drop?

The only thing Joe Edwards has going for him is 'after match excuses'! Which is not what any of us want.

I'm afraid JE way of playing is not working cause our current players are not good enough for the tippyl tappy style, ,yet more errors by our back 5 cost us goals and our non existence midfield ( was fleming playing ? going to have to nickname "Houdini" cause he used to disappear as well) and with the midget up front by himself it was a recipe for what happened....hate to say this but if we do not go back to the style our players are comfortable with relegation is a big possibility and Saturday game is now a 6 pointer

Except none of those goals tonight were down to "tippy tappy" style. Simply bad defending yet again. The first because of the keeper bad positioning so he can't actually get anywhere near the ball. The second own goal by Harding, didn't need to stick his foot out as the ball was going behind their striker. The third again the keeper in no man's land and fuck knows what Harding was doing.
There are still people on here who believe Sarkic should start instead of Bart. You're absolutely fucking mad. I was right about George Long and I'm right about Sarkic, complete liability.

But surely you can only know if your own performance is shit if you compare it to others.
I got 20% in French GSCE which I might have thought was good if I didn’t know everyone else got over 70%
Or maybe it’s just better to look at the league table :shrug:

Yep, the stats kinda speak for themselves - no?

Be honest - who is really surprised given JE's absolute lack of experience having never even managed a frown mens (or even womens) football team?

I mean really .... ffs

I don’t mind the odd relegation battle
I didn't see no battling tonight mate. That's when the game is up for me.

but to put it in perspective:
Edwards loves his stats and data too and look where that;s got us. Edwards clearly isn't the Ipswich manager. I'm not even sure we can call him a manager just yet cause he ain't fucking managing to manage us or the mess we find ourselves in. It doesn't matter how we got here, we can argue that until Ulster stops being a pervert. It's how we get out of it that matters and Edwards is struggling to do that. He took the job, the board bought into whatever he promised them. I'm sure it wasn't a capitulation that ends in relegation.

I was right about George Long
In what regard and says who? Long was apart of a team that sat in fifth place for numerous weeks and kept clean sheets. Bart wasn't and was dropped for poor form. It wasn't Longs fault that we never scored in five our our last nine games. The stats don't lie. Like i said- scapegoats.

Last edited:
Except none of those goals tonight were down to "tippy tappy" style. Simply bad defending yet again. The first because of the keeper bad positioning so he can't actually get anywhere near the ball. The second own goal by Harding, didn't need to stick his foot out as the ball was going behind their striker. The third again the keeper in no man's land and fuck knows what Harding was doing.
There are still people on here who believe Sarkic should start instead of Bart. You're absolutely fucking mad. I was right about George Long and I'm right about Sarkic, complete liability.
The first came from a corner where Sarkic and Murray left the ball for each other (JE can’t be blamed for that). When the corner was cleared their player that crossed was unchallenged in acres of space. Flemming made a belated effort to close him down but too late. Not sure Sarkic could have done much more 🤷‍♂️

Second: Wes unlucky, covering correctly. Arguably Leonard’s only mistake on the evening. Should have picked up runner.

Third: Undone by a simple 1-2. Not sure what more Sarkic or Wes could have done.

Agree none down to “tippy-tappy” and perhaps a bit harsh on Sarkic 🤷‍♂️

Bart won't start as JE likes goalies who can play with their feet and he has 2 left ones, does not matter you can't catch a cross or get into a sensible position as long as you can pass the bal! out...septic is turning into one of the worst signings in years thank our lucky stars Harding was a free

Would Guardiola have better stats ? Joe made mistake trying to change elephant into balet dancers ... Park the squad play to Rowet strong sides and grind out survival ... You need 5-6 new players to play attacking passing football

I didn't see no battling tonight mate. That's when the game is up for me.

Edwards loves his stats and data too and look where that;s got us. Edwards clearly isn't the Ipswich manager. I'm not even sure we can call him a manager just yet cause he ain't fucking managing to manage us or the mess we find ourselves in. It doesn't matter how we got here, we can argue that until Ulster stops being a pervert. It's how we get out of it that matters and Edwards is struggling to do that. He took the job, the board bought into whatever he promised them. I'm sure it wasn't a capitulation that ends in relegation.
😇 😂😂😂

For the record I was merely agreeing that JE’s stats of losing 11 games out of 19 is terrible but even more so when compared with a manager that’s only lost 12 games out of a hundred. I just don’t think he should go right now. Whatever mess he’s either inherited or caused, he wanted the job, now sort it out!

Whatever mess he’s either inherited or caused, he wanted the job, now sort it out!
I understand your sentiment but he doesn't have the core experience we need at a time like this... we are in a mess!!!!!

SCENARIO...
Imagine this... Stevie Wonder flying a plane and you are a passenger, he has no experience, the plane is not in good shape and he is relying on data coming through on the radio... NOW... do you feel confident enough for him to land the plane to safety? Be honest.