Joe Edwards on The London Sport Show

Such an eloquent communicator.
No BS, no jargon, no excuses.
Just plain, simple to understand analysis.
You can see why he is able to get his ideas across to his players.
He knew exactly what he was taking on and how to go about it.
Compare Joe’s post match comments to Adam Barrett’s.
We are very lucky to have him.

Such an eloquent communicator.
No BS, no jargon, no excuses.
Just plain, simple to understand analysis.
You can see why he is able to get his ideas across to his players.
He knew exactly what he was taking on and how to go about it.
Compare Joe’s post match comments to Adam Barrett’s.
We are very lucky to have him.

Yep. Very level-headed.

That interview was superb, really classy if I’m honest. Simple and straightforward answers and nothing he said was like “no wrong”. The GPS stats are the proof in the pudding for me that things were lacklustre and had run its course. As some others have said we had 4 years of turning things around under NH, and 4 years of stability and gradual improvement under GR. This gives JE a great base to work from to improve results but also the quality of football every Wall fan wants to see.

COYL

Last edited:
I think we should also acknowledge the work of Steve K, Alex A. and James B.
They conducted a thorough process to find the very best man for the job.
No knee jerk reaction. No panic.
Gentlemen, very well done.:clap::clap:

I know we have only seen one match and we aren't going to win them all. But, I for one am satisfied that, whoever we play against, our team will be prepared in the best way possible. If we lose, we lose. I think we can be sure that we will start giving the opposition something to think about, rather than us always worrying about them.

This sort of idea needs to be nipped in the bud. :grinning:

After listening to that interview it's clear we are going to see more attacking intent at the Den and probably away as well. Of course, we are going to lose games, but I do think there will be plenty more goals from us from now on. That's something we have been missing for a while. Apart from the odd three goals here and there it's been mostly 0's, 1's and 2's. We've already seen the signs that we might actually be a decent footballing team. Unless the club folds, it's only going to get better.

Because of what we have seen and heard from the Players and Edwards so far, this might just be one of the best incomings at the club for a very long time. I know it's early days, but I don't think we will be looking over our shoulders very often this season. I think we might just be safe and established for another Championship season. :grinning:

It's all been said , no bollocks , very sensible , keeps it simple ,which is basically what football is ,simple.
And not a single 'errr' , I don't think anyway.
Long may it continue.
COYL
Actually if you listen carefully he had x7 err's although I get your point mate. It was only that you mentioned it that I was listening for them otherwise they wouldn't have been evident. 😉 I think we are lucky to have him and hope others don't get too carried away based on last weekend's result.

Actually if you listen carefully he had x7 err's although I get your point mate. It was only that you mentioned it that I was listening for them otherwise they wouldn't have been evident. 😉 I think we are lucky to have him and hope others don't get too carried away based on last weekend's result.
Pedant.😘