JE’s Just Back

STWall

He can’t control what players do after they enter the pitch. As we know sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets and you can only keep on and play through it. Our time will come I’m sure if that. COYLS!

:computer::computer::computer::computer::computer::computer::computer::computer::computer::computer:

“All we can do is keep addressing it and we do. We look at stats from those moments. We had it our game against Preston. After they scored, between there and half-time we couldn’t get anywhere near the game so we started looking at all the data and breaking it down and working out what happened and what changed. We work on it time and time again but at the moment we just can’t put it into practice in the games.”

Stat wanker mode on----------------

We have won eight games and kept a clean sheet in each of those wins.

He can’t control what players do after they enter the pitch. As we know sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets and you can only keep on and play through it. Our time will come I’m sure if that. COYLS!

He is responsible for picking the team and what they do on the pitch because he is the fucking manager. He has to take responsibility as well as the players.

We did start brilliantly. However, he is too slow to recognise changes in the game and reacting to them. In the second half they made subs and began dominating the midfield. So why didn't he bring an extra body into central midfield? Another midfielder holding would have allowed the other two to engage the Cov midfield and shut them down.

Tanganga should have been hooked and he certainly shouldn't play the next game. He is a fucking liability.

Playing Flemming wide left of a front three is a complete waste. I know he said he watched his goals from last season. I bet good money that most, if not all his goals were scored between the width of the goalposts on the edge or just inside the "D" of the 18 yard box. So why play him left? He's not a wide man. He has no pace. Yes, at times he can drift through games but he also did that last season but scored fifteen goals. Flemming's sole influence at times last season were goals. He often did fuck all else, but that's the call you have to make with a player like that. Edwards is not getting the best out of the players and he won't if he keeps playing them out of position.

I don't want the bloke sacked. Who would and could we bring in at this stage anyway? Some merry go round manager? I want him to succeed. But he has to learn quickly.

However, the next three games are crucial. Lose all three and he is in big trouble. One point out of three and he is in big trouble.

Last edited:
He is responsible for picking the team and what they do on the pitch because he is the fucking manager. He has to take responsibility as well as the players.

We did start brilliantly. However, he is too slow to recognise changes in the game and reacting to them. In the second half they made subs and began dominating the midfield. So why didn't he bring an extra body into central midfield? Another midfielder holding would have allowed the other two to engage the Cov midfield and shut them down.

Tanganga should have been hooked and he certainly shouldn't play the next game. He is a fucking liability.

Playing Flemming wide left of a front three is a complete waste. I know he said he watched his goals from last season. I bet good money that most, if not all his goals were scored between the width of the goalposts on the edge or just inside the "D" of the 18 yard box. So why play him left? He's not a wide man. He has no pace. Yes, at times he can drift through games but he also did that last season but scored fifteen goals. Flemming's sole influence at times last season were goals. He often did fuck all else, but that's the call you have to make with a player like that. Edwards is not getting the best out of the players and he won't if he keeps playing them out of position.

I don't want the bloke sacked. Who would and could we bring in at this stage anyway? Some merry go round manager? I want him to succeed. But he has to learn quickly.

However, the next three games are crucial. Lose all three and he is in big trouble. One point out of three and he is in big trouble.
“He is responsible for picking the team and what they do on the pitch“ Agree but they have to apply the tactics/strategy and he can’t control how they perform it.

“Tanganga should have been hooked and he certainly shouldn't play the next game. He is a fucking liability.” Not a liability for me. He’s just been unfortunate with both and the latter was a ‘soft’ pen.

Agree about Flemming and he shouldn’t be an auto start either.

We’re all disappointed Robbo and pointing the finger at players and the coach only helps to assuage our feelings of anger and frustration. Believe and all will come good 👍 Believe otherwise and that will come to bear too! 🤷‍♂️

If we lose to Ipswich, draw at home to Sheff Wednesay and lose to Southampton then I can't see him staying.
Well, he’s not going to resign, why would he? If you mean might JB sack Edwards then yes, that’s a possibility, but who comes in as a replacement?

Can’t see us poaching any half decent manager that’s already working. The compensation could be huge if we did that, and I don’t think we’d have the money to do it anyway. Stoke poached up and coming manager Steven Schumacher from fellow Championship side Plymouth, and look how well that’s been going for them. Plymouth are above Stoke now and doing much better since Schumacher left, and a lot of Stoke supporters are no longer enamoured with him and want him out.

So that would leave us looking for managers who are currently out of a job. Do we really want the likes of Pulis, or Warburton or Allardyce or McCarthy or Hughton? Not saying all or any of these managers are still working and would want to take us on (even if we could afford any of them), but think it’s fair to say that most of our supporters wouldn’t want them and would view them as ageing footballing dinosaurs, compared to the bright young things of McKenna, Rosenior and the like, plying their trade in the Championship and doing well for their respective clubs.

Not sure about Tango mate. He played fck all games in the last season or t o so you’d expect him to get better and better.

I share your frustrations, but we really aren’t that far away from being decent.

The new bloke up front is rapid and clearly the future - as possibly is the young lad Mahon.

Loads to be positive about.

Not sure about Tango mate. He played fck all games in the last season or t o so you’d expect him to get better and better.

I do respect your opinion but he has been personally responsible for two key goals against us and culpable in another. He is a defender and his number one job is just that, and he has been sadly lacking. Defenders making mistakes cost you games.

Well, he’s not going to resign, why would he? If you mean might JB sack Edwards then yes, that’s a possibility, but who comes in as a replacement?

Can’t see us poaching any half decent manager that’s already working. The compensation could be huge if we did that, and I don’t think we’d have the money to do it anyway. Stoke poached up and coming manager Steven Schumacher from fellow Championship side Plymouth, and look how well that’s been going for them. Plymouth are above Stoke now and doing much better since Schumacher left, and a lot of Stoke supporters are no longer enamoured with him and want him out.

So that would leave us looking for managers who are currently out of a job. Do we really want the likes of Pulis, or Warburton or Allardyce or McCarthy or Hughton? Not saying all or any of these managers are still working and would want to take us on (even if we could afford any of them), but think it’s fair to say that most of our supporters wouldn’t want them and would view them as ageing footballing dinosaurs, compared to the bright young things of McKenna, Rosenior and the like, plying their trade in the Championship and doing well for their respective clubs.

If we don't get anything out of the next three games then I honestly think the club will have to make a decision. Relegation will cost us a lot of money. The TV deal for the Championship is the sort of money we can't do without. I don't want him sacked, but reality will hit. If it gets to the point where there is no other option than to roll the dice then the board may have to do that.

I've just watched Edwards' post match interview. His analysis is spot on. No argument. But it's the sort of analysis that you expect from a pundit. He is the manager of the club. He has to take responsibility for the actions of the players he picks and instructs. Like it or not, that is on him. That is literally his job. He spoke about the penalty awarded against us and the mistakes leading to it. He brought that player in.

I think Edwards is an honest, decent footballing man. But he has to be better. Either at communicating what he wants or picking the right players and formation to carry out his wishes.

We can absolutely win against Ipswich, but it will require a big performance.

I've just watched Edwards' post match interview. His analysis is spot on. No argument. But it's the sort of analysis that you expect from a pundit. He is the manager of the club. He has to take responsibility for the actions of the players he picks and instructs. Like it or not, that is on him. That is literally his job. He spoke about the penalty awarded against us and the mistakes leading to it. He brought that player in.

I think Edwards is an honest, decent footballing man. But he has to be better. Either at communicating what he wants or picking the right players and formation to carry out his wishes.

We can absolutely win against Ipswich, but it will require a big performance.
Hope you get some rest as we know these results give you sleepless nights.

I share your frustrations, but we really aren’t that far away from being decent.

The new bloke up front is rapid and clearly the future - as possibly is the young lad Mahon.

Loads to be positive about.
We need your positive outlook mate to counteract the doom and gloom merchants. We’ve all in been in a bad place at least once in our lives and hey ho we’re still here and thriving. Some need to stop feeling sorry for themselves and take responsibility for their own actions!