JE’s goals analysis

It looks like JE is dumbfounded and can't believe we actually scored goals...

“But when you look back at those 32 goals between the two of them then there are so many that come out of nothing, really. They are second or third-phase from long free-kicks, long throws, corners or just random quick counter attacks – from a cross they get the knockdown"

“There are a lot of goals last season that are from moments that aren’t easy to recreate – they aren’t from pre-planned fluid football."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :slap:

Perhaps the goals came from hard graft and getting rid of the ball out of our own half as soon as.
Harris never messed around and made the most out of letting the opposition defence only getting 1 touch.
We have players that can do well with ball to feet in the opposition box, where defenders have to think twice about diving in but we don't seem to want to do that.

In fairness, despite us looking fucking awful in the first half v Hull, I make him right. If it wasn’t for a goal that should’ve been disallowed and the fact we looked like a different team second half, we should have at least had a draw. I make him right to quiz himself and the players on the lack of goals.

It looks like JE is dumbfounded and can't believe we actually scored goals...

“But when you look back at those 32 goals between the two of them then there are so many that come out of nothing, really. They are second or third-phase from long free-kicks, long throws, corners or just random quick counter attacks – from a cross they get the knockdown"

“There are a lot of goals last season that are from moments that aren’t easy to recreate – they aren’t from pre-planned fluid football."

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :slap:
This is coming from a fella that said he watched us live many times last season. Also, i'd have hoped that he was aware that we don't do fluid football pre planned or not. I'm not sure many teams do in this league bar five or six sides. If all he knows is pre planned fluid football and not bite and bollock football we are in trouble. Is he saying those situations aren't easy to recreate because he won't play to there strengths? How many goals did Sheringham, Shearer, Fowler, Cole and Harry Kane score that came from nothing? Quite a few i reckon.

Last edited:
This is coming from a fella that said he watched us live many times last season. Also, i'd have hoped that he was aware that we don't do fluid football pre planned or not. I'm not sure many teams to in this league bar five or six sides. If all he knows is pre planned fluid football and not bite and bollock football we are in trouble. Is he saying those situations aren't easy to recreate because he won't play to there strengths? How many goals did Sheringham, Shearer, Fowler, Cole and Harry Kane score that came from nothing? Quite a few i reckon.
Yeah, not quite sure what he’s on about. It’s not a paint by numbers, is it to guarantee goals? Just echoing the fact we don’t score enough and it needs looking at- which is fairly obvious.

Yeah, not quite sure what he’s on about. It’s not a paint by numbers, is it to guarantee goals? Just echoing the fact we don’t score enough and it needs looking at- which is fairly obvious.
“There are a lot of goals last season that are from moments that aren’t easy to recreate –

He's maybe trying to say in a polite way that we don't/ won't play that way anymore- direct and physical-It's possibly alien to him and is pretty basic stuff but it got results which we are in dire need of. He's also acknowledge that it was a lot of goals. Goals ( and points) from playing a certain way! We've shown signs of change and slight improvements on the pitch but that isn't getting us anywhere so surely it'd be wiser to let them play how they were drilled to and until we're safe?

I'd personally only start to worry with JE after he's put his stamp on everything from day 1 of pre season. New signings, complete new structure to fitness etc If we aren't scoring many again in the first 10/12 games next season then the problem only lies at one mans feet... I can see positives on the pitch, however we are all aware its a points business and we need them by hook or by crook right now... I don't care on the style of play to get them at this moment in time.

Last edited:
I listened to most interviews JE has done on various media outlets. Generally they mostly made sense and mirrored my observations. This is the first time I’ve been concerned with his analysis - I’m guessing as many goals come from planned play as come from pressure, effort etc and luck!

Perhaps he’s been having a few chats with that head the ball Hollowhead recently . Sounds like something he’d come out with .

We don't score goals because our shape is wrong, we do not play the ball quickly enough when going forward, (the movement is too slow) and when we do there is no one in the box to receive it.

Staff online

Members online