Jed to WBA?

silverlion

Staff member
According to NAD.

Do you really think he would want to go the Hawthorns with Steve Bruce in charge? To me it seems unlikely but if they are prepared to give him £25k a week or more perhaps he could be tempted? My recollection is that Bruce signed an 18 month deal when he took over from the ex Barnsley clown so he has got to make it happen this season or he will be on his bike. A more likely scenario is that he will screw up in the first dozen or so games, the crowd will be on his back and he’ll be gone by Christmas. But….what do I know?

Said the same Silver, on another thread I started at the same time as you.

Happy if you want to get rid of my thread and merge it with your own!

If this is true, and not another click-bait football transfer story bollox, and Jed eventually does sign for the Baggies, then so much for him wanting to play Premiership football!

OK, so the club’s owner is a Chinese billionaire, but even with all that money, it still won’t guarantee them promotion back to the big time, next season! They finished 1 place and 2 points below us this season, and having Steve Bruce as their manager wouldn’t inspire me as a West Brom supporter to believe (even with all the millions their chairman has), that he would get them promotion next season!

Money talks at the end of the day. West Brom have it, and we don’t!

It’s exactly the sort of move he’d be looking at…West Brom, Sheffield Utd etc. Big club in the championship who can pay the dough he wants. He ain’t getting a move to a premier league club, not good enough. And if he’s next club do get promoted, he’s served his purpose and will get fucked off, or stuck in the stiffs for his fat wedge

Think he is waiting to see if Notts Forest win the play-off. Probably similar money as West Brom but more immediate prospect of Prem. Football. West Brom not going anywhere fast.

Think he is waiting to see if Notts Forest win the play-off. Probably similar money as West Brom but more immediate prospect of Prem. Football. West Brom not going anywhere fast.
If he goes to a Premier team he’ll end up in the reserves. Then be loaned out to a promotion chasing championship team (hopefully us). I think he is an excellent championship player but in my opinion the jump up is too much. Once he loses a yard of pace it will become even more evident.

Can clubs talk to players? I thought they had to wait till the players contract is up (end of June for Wallace)

If this is true, and not another click-bait football transfer story bollox, and Jed eventually does sign for the Baggies, then so much for him wanting to play Premiership football!

OK, so the club’s owner is a Chinese billionaire, but even with all that money, it still won’t guarantee them promotion back to the big time, next season! They finished 1 place and 2 points below us this season, and having Steve Bruce as their manager wouldn’t inspire me as a West Brom supporter to believe (even with all the millions their chairman has), that he would get them promotion next season!

Money talks at the end of the day. West Brom have it, and we don’t!
He is not a premiership player

I think if Forest don't make it in the play-offs then Johnson will be sold to a Premiership club and Wallace will be his replacement.
West Brom might make a few big signings this summer as it is there last go at promotion with parachute payments.

I agree EA that his next move could be to Forest to replace Johnson. According to Birmingham Live online a former player thinks it is unlikely that Jed will go to WBA. It really would be a case of moving to a club that finished a point and one place below us so there would be no guarantee of Premier league football the season after next with Bruce and the Baggies.
Apparently,not only are Forest in the running to sign Jed but Weeds are in the queue too. That was a surprise to me but, following their dramatic escape yesterday they are a Premiership club with some history. Whether they can kick on next season and become more established is one thought. The second is whether Jed has sufficient quality to be a regular starter. I am not sure but unless you give him a chance you will never find out. I never thought that Morison had enough about him to be a Premier league player or good enough to win caps for Wales but I was proved wrong.

We loose out on money all the time, cant fault JB but when is Huski going to step up, i thought the idea of them coming in was to take over and push the club forward.

Berylson nor his family will be stepping aside for anyone, why would he/they? The regen is underway, it's where the money is. As Ilderton correctly states above, Huski promised nish other than shirt sponsorship. What does pushing the club forward even mean? Throwing a load of dough at the transfer market in the hope that it clicks? That would be all well and good if we were the only club that spent money on players as well as parachute payments from the premier league being stopped.

Staff online

Members online