Jed slaters on her

Lionman

What is it with some on here. All of a sudden jed is being targeted for doing what each and every onevof us would do to double our incomes. He has shown full commitment to this club and has been a saviour on many occasions. Ripe when he's had to even tweet in response to one of 'ours' calling him out as shirking and lying about injuries. At one point it was clear he was leaving at the nd of the season for a big 0...now with some luck we at least get a bit of cash to splash. .....short memories it seems. Some of ours are becoming a real embarrassment.

We become over reliant on him, as a matter of fact I think had he played yesterday we would have scored goals against Forest yesterday. Sadly he is (injured) and 2 of the main games to MFC’s season he has missed.
Are we hanging out for more dosh who knows, rather we get the cash in and sort out a new player or two.

He has been our best player for a few seasons and has played for us in a pretty successful period in our history. But he wants out now for whatever reason , so let him go and try and get some dough for him and we move on. No bad feeling from me towards him but likewise no begging him to stay. We offered him a new deal , he wants more so that’s the end of it.

Good luck to him, I am not calling him out for feigning injury or commitment, I am calling out the club for letting this charade go on for 8 months longer than it should of. If it’s 2m million today then the club could of doubled that with a year left on his contract.

It was all about money by the player and I don’t blame him, but the club should of took control last summer and said “sorry Jed as you say it’s all about the money” and transfer listed him.

Better players have come and gone from the club, so good luck to him. He doesn’t want to play for us anymore, so sell him and get players that do want to.
it's not the case I think.he does not want to.play for us but it's the financial aspect ,this is he,s chance of a good payment to help secure a good life for his family when he as to stop p!aying....don't begrudge anyonet hat is just all the crap that surrounds it at the moment

All this good luck to him bollocks grates with me, yeah he's been a good player for us. We are also the first club that properly believed in him, gave him a platform to play, made him our 'star man' and made him a relatively wealthy young man, no not by PL comparisons, but even at £10k large a week, he's earning more in one year than some will earn in 10 - 20 years.

So while yes, we would all leave our jobs to double are money etc, football just cannot be compared to the real world, you wont see Jed having to be a black cab driver or postman when he retires will ya, or working til he's 68 to survive until he gets his pension.

Jed is the one that made it out like he wanted to play PL football, I'd have much more respect if he said, it's my last chance at a pay day and the financial security for my family. Leavign for a two bob club liek Forest, who look no better than us, and our fan base are wanking themselves silly, cos Jed's been afforded the freedom of Bermondsey to take all our free kicks, corners, penalties and ends up our top scorer/assist and then the melodramatic - 'we're fucked when he goes' - might as well fold the fucking club.

Fucks me right off, that like Cahill, our best assets shit on us by walking out for free or a snip of what they are worth. Partly the clubs fault, partly the players fault.

So yeah, enjoy your move Jed, thanks for the good times, but don't expect me to be online or in the ground singing your praises, once gone, you're dead to me.

For the record, Jed's tweet said he didn't refuse to play, but given he's highly likely to move to Forest, you think the timing and given the opposition, the set back was a tad convenient and imagine he played and took an injury like Bradshaws?

So whilst he may not have refused, the more likely situation was an agreement between the two clubs & Jed.

it's not the case I think.he does not want to.play for us but it's the financial aspect ,this is he,s chance of a good payment to help secure a good life for his family when he as to stop p!aying....don't begrudge anyonet hat is just all the crap that surrounds it at the moment

I thought he stopped playing a few weeks ago.**
:grinning:

Fck him off now and move on.

As far as I'm concerned, if any player decides he doesn't want to play for us anymore he leaves and becomes the enemy. He could stay and earn £1m per year in wages which clearly isnt enough. Thats fine, take the money and fck off. Dont expect anything nice to be said on the way out. He now becomes one of them.

Members online