JE “we need help”

You really didn’t need to be on Mastermind to work that one out. He knew before the Boro game that he would be without Hutch and Leonard for the next month and Emakhu for the next two weeks. Plus Casper Murray and BNC were only just back from injury and it could take them a week or two to get back up to speed.
I was actually surprised that last Wednesday…a day off for the players…he didn’t spend the whole day looking at his loan options and getting things moving with an imminent signing before the Boro game. Somebody did post on here that discussions were going on…according to the man in the car park…but there is no news yet. Of course, hindsight is the perfect vision and you never really know what is going on in the background but I would be very surprised if there is not some movement before Saturday’s game. We shall see!

It’s worth noting that just like how it was with the previous manager it’s not actually Edwards’ job to get things moving on the transfer side of things. That responsibility falls to the director of football and head of recruitment Alex Aldridge so it’s probably better to direct questions or indeed criticisms his way rather than Edwards.

I have said it before, and I'll say it again...
Bringing a player to a new club is an extremely complicated process.
It is not like buying something in a shop, where you just put it in the basket and pay at the till.
There are so many parties involved, it is a wonder a transfer ever gets sorted out.

The first thing you need is all 3 main parties to agree. i.e. both clubs and the player. That in itself is a massive task, which can never be achieved overnight.

Then there is the agent :mad: :mad: :mad:
Then the player's family, wife, kids, grandparents etc etc
It just goes on and on and on...

Finally...if all the stars align with Venus or Mars or whatever, a deal is announced.

I'm certainly not saying we should not hope and expect to see some new faces, just that nothing can happen overnight, or very rarely anyway.

It is not like buying something in a shop, where you just put it in the basket and pay at the till.
There are so many parties involved, it is a wonder a transfer ever gets sorted out.

The first thing you need is all 3 main parties to agree. i.e. both clubs and the player. That in itself is a massive task, which can never be achieved overnight.

Finally...if all the stars align with Venus or Mars or whatever, a deal is announced.

I'm certainly not saying we should not hope and expect to see some new faces, just that nothing can happen overnight, or very rarely anyway.
I think it only gets complicated if a) a player doesn’t want to sign permanently for a particular club or b) there’s an issue with personal terms between player and the club he’s signing for.

If it’s a player who’s played for a club for a while, but now he’s not getting any game time, he might not want to, say, drop a division, and instead just stay where he is and remain on the bench collecting his weekly wage, but if he’s a youngster coming through the ranks, like Cuffy is at Arsenal, do they have a choice if their club say, “we’re sending you out to Millwall this season to get you some first team experience?” I don’t know.

I just think it would be an easier task to get a loan like Norton-Cuffy over the line than it would be if a seasoned player doesn’t want to play ball. Even before the transfer window opened, Joe knew we needed players in with “pace and athleticism,“ so he would have had the time in, say, December, to start putting the feelers out as to what he was looking for, to then be ready to sign one or two within the first week of the transfer window opening!

I just think it would be an easier task to get a loan like Norton-Cuffy over the line
Of course, because nobody is making a long term commitment.
BUT...you still need all of the parties listed above to agree to make the deal happen, whether it be 1 month, 3 months or 1 season. You still need all your ducks in a row.
It is Alex Aldridge's full time job to look for players. Of course he was on the look out. It is what he does, every day.
It is not easy.

They shouldn't be having any parties until we win something; fucking disgusting that the club are wasting our gate receipts on wine, cheese and cocaine when they should be looking at signing players with it.

Should imagine Joe knows hundreds of players, his contacts must be enormous. I have been told 3 possibly incoming but as been said lots of tees to cross and i to dot. Minefield

I think the whole loan system is bollox to be honest
Only loans allowed should be a emergency, example all your goalkeepers are injured including u21 keeper
It also only really benifits rich clubs,example Leeds lend out a very good player or players they improve the club that they sign for and play against Leeds rivals helping them gain promotion
Hull city have about 5 on loan from liverpool ,man c, Brighton to me just dosnt seem right

Could see that Joe Edwards was not happy in his post match interview, looked like he was talking through gritted teeth.

One thing he could have learnt off Rowett is getting in the 4th officials ear hole which he does,nt seem to do, after some of those refereeing decisions both Rowett and Alex Ferguson would have been chewing the fourth officials ear off.

Could see that Joe Edwards was not happy in his post match interview, looked like he was talking through gritted teeth.

One thing he could have learnt off Rowett is getting in the 4th officials ear hole which he does,nt seem to do, after some of those refereeing decisions both Rowett and Alex Ferguson would have been chewing the fourth officials ear off.
What would be the point? Having the 4th official there is pointless. All they do is stand there and listen to disgruntled managers pointing our the ref and his linos inadequacies and doing absolutely nothing about it!

What would be the point? Having the 4th official there is pointless. All they do is stand there and listen to disgruntled managers pointing our the ref and his linos inadequacies and doing absolutely nothing about it!
I think normally they reply to the complaints with one of the following replies…
1. I know mate . He’s always been a cunt.
2. If you think this is bad, you should have seen him last week!
3. It’s not his fault. He broke his glasses in the changing room. He’s as blind as a bat without them.

I think normally they reply to the complaints with one of the following replies…
1. I know mate . He’s always been a cunt.
2. If you think this is bad, you should have seen him last week!
3. It’s not his fault. He broke his glasses in the changing room. He’s as blind as a bat without them.
Or

4. Didn’t see anything, guv!

Which I suspect is nearer the mark!

All the other clubs clearly make it less complicated and seem to do alright. This must just apply to us then