JE reflection

‘ArryBoy

I’m sure we were all a bit uncertain on the appointment ofJE, especially before the recent good run. Joe himself would have had his self doubts of his ability to coach at a level much tougher that what he had done previously. The great thing now is that the recent good run will surely reinforce his football approach - which can only be for the good of Millwall.

I’m sure we were all a bit uncertain on the appointment ofJE, especially before the recent good run. Joe himself would have had his self doubts of his ability to coach at a level much tougher that what he had done previously. The great thing now is that the recent good run will surely reinforce his football approach - which can only be for the good of Millwall.
Plenty of positives and not everything is going to work, the last 10 days have shown that it seems that Edwards laying down the foundation of graft and teamwork and if that is always there then you can get to grips with the tactics and technical stuff.
Not that is hasn't been there since Harris took over but he is doing it his way and it's nice that he doesn't have to bring in many players this month and that the fixture schedule now allows for more time at the training ground.
I think our biggest problem is that we need to upgrade in several positions if we are to think about being a play off contender and trying to get better technical players that will have the same work ethic and pride is going to be expensive.

Plenty of positives and not everything is going to work, the last 10 days have shown that it seems that Edwards laying down the foundation of graft and teamwork and if that is always there then you can get to grips with the tactics and technical stuff.
Not that is hasn't been there since Harris took over but he is doing it his way and it's nice that he doesn't have to bring in many players this month and that the fixture schedule now allows for more time at the training ground.
I think our biggest problem is that we need to upgrade in several positions if we are to think about being a play off contender and trying to get better technical players that will have the same work ethic and pride is going to be expensive.
We can forget the play offs this season, If he wants to wait until the summer to make signings and he thinks we've got enough to stay up, Fair enough.

I think what will impress us the most is that JE will bring out that dormant talent in our existing squad. I think a lot of our players have potential and can already see improvement in some of our players.

And that is why I think he said there will not be any major comings or goings in this window. It might just be a case of squad strengthening (back up etc). I doubt very much if there would be the kind of finances available for players that would make a remarkable difference to what we already have. Not in this window anyway, I should think just loans for January.

Crystal Ball Time!

I can only see us getting better with JE at the helm👍

Assuming they will continue appointing foreign or existing managers it’s doubtful he would move to a Premiership club 👍

The only way I can see him leaving would be to another Championship club that would have to pay a King’s Ransom to get him 💰💰💰

By nature I’m a glass half empty man but with JE I feel really optimistic and think he could be here for the duration 🙏

I think it's fair to say that he has steadied the ship. Maybe got a little bit ahead of himself in how fast he could change our style of play, but I won't criticise him for that, that's what he was bought in to do.

I am finding us more entertaining to watch and most importantly we are playing to get more goals even when we have a lead, rather than just going into our shells.

Crystal Ball Time!

I can only see us getting better with JE at the helm👍

Assuming they will continue appointing foreign or existing managers it’s doubtful he would move to a Premiership club 👍

The only way I can see him leaving would be to another Championship club that would have to pay a King’s Ransom to get him 💰💰💰

By nature I’m a glass half empty man but with JE I feel really optimistic and think he could be here for the duration 🙏
I think a lot will depend on the finances given to Joe during the summer by James Berylson.

If, as it’s looking likely, we are going to finish anywhere between 7th and mid table (not impossible if results continue to improve), then JB has got to back his manager to the same financial level that his father did with Rowett.

There will be a lot of teams left in the Championship next season who will strengthen again, and if that happens then we cannot be left behind or we could find ourselves struggling.

Hopefully JB has been encouraged by what he has seen recently (both in terms of results and changes to our style of play), and that will be enough for him to back Joe with the necessary funds to give his new look side a chance to go for promotion next season!

Lets face it, if (yes I know ifs and buts) had Emakhu put that chance away v stoke, if the ref didn't give the penalty against Huddersfield we would be 4 points better off and 5 clean sheets in a row, we would be talking about JE in a different light. Lets just see what the rest of the season brings before we make any more judgement

I think a lot will depend on the finances given to Joe during the summer by James Berylson.

If, as it’s looking likely, we are going to finish anywhere between 7th and mid table (not impossible if results continue to improve), then JB has got to back his manager to the same financial level that his father did with Rowett.

There will be a lot of teams left in the Championship next season who will strengthen again, and if that happens then we cannot be left behind or we could find ourselves struggling.

Hopefully JB has been encouraged by what he has seen recently (both in terms of results and changes to our style of play), and that will be enough for him to back Joe with the necessary funds to give his new look side a chance to go for promotion next season!
He is at the same financial level as Rowett.
Our finances depend on FFP as our owners have already put in enough to get us close to our limit.
All we can do is carry on as before, improve the squad within our means and if we get left behind then so be it , although I can't see that many other clubs suddenly spending far more than they already do.
If we gamble on spending more than we are allowed just to get promotion then we will be another Reading in 3 years if we don't get promoted and I would hate to think how much a new title winning side would cost us.

Yes a crack at the Premier is the goal of all Championship clubs but all I ask for is 100% commitment and for the players to leave everything on the pitch and for us to have a go at teams.

The last five games we have done that and created a good few chances (not at Stoke)

The football has improved immensely and we are now playing neat triangles and attacking in packs as well as defending in packs with long balls being dramatically reduced.

We are frustrating the hell out the opposition with both Norwich and Bristol players losing their shit which I love to see.

Hopefully I am wrong but the play offs are probably out of our reach this season and there are good to be a lot of ups and downs

For the first time in a good while I am looking forward to home games so I can’t ask more than that

I am also impressed that JE loves to win and seems to be falling in love with the raw passion we create from the stands

COYL

Lets face it, if (yes I know ifs and buts) had Emakhu put that chance away v stoke, if the ref didn't give the penalty against Huddersfield we would be 4 points better off and 5 clean sheets in a row, we would be talking about JE in a different light. Lets just see what the rest of the season brings before we make any more judgement.
If Flemming hadn't missed the penalty at WBA; if the Ref hadn't given Sunderland the penalty that wasn't; if we hadn't conceded late against Watford and Southampton that would have been another 7 points!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the one thing we cannot change in life is history 😢

If Flemming hadn't missed the penalty at WBA; if the Ref hadn't given Sunderland the penalty that wasn't; if we hadn't conceded late against Watford and Southampton that would have been another 7 points!!!!!!

Unfortunately, the one thing we cannot change in life is history 😢
The BBC seem too :shrug:

He is at the same financial level as Rowett.
Our finances depend on FFP as our owners have already put in enough to get us close to our limit.
All we can do is carry on as before, improve the squad within our means and if we get left behind then so be it , although I can't see that many other clubs suddenly spending far more than they already do.
If we gamble on spending more than we are allowed just to get promotion then we will be another Reading in 3 years if we don't get promoted and I would hate to think how much a new title winning side would cost us.
Please correct me if I’m wrong about this, but can’t an owner put in more money if it’s his own personal wealth, thereby not affecting what the club makes or spends in any financial year?

Obviously I’m not wanting JB to go all gung ho on the financial side, but just wondering that if there’s a way round FFP (legally that is), would he risk his own money to accommodate Joe Edwards?

Please correct me if I’m wrong about this, but can’t an owner put in more money if it’s his own personal wealth, thereby not affecting what the club makes or spends in any financial year?

Obviously I’m not wanting JB to go all gung ho on the financial side, but just wondering that if there’s a way round FFP (legally that is), would he risk his own money to accommodate Joe Edwards?
No, 39m over 3 years is the maximum amount we can lose and I think we lost around 13m in the last lot of accounts.
You also can't sponsor the match ball for 500m, like man city thought you could, and get away with it, unless you are a state owned club.

Thanks for the clarification. 👍🏻
That's only for now, the ongoing saga of an independent regulator in football has to get sorted at some stage.
We have Kavanagh on the EFL board so we will be not be caught unaware of the changes that will happen.
It has been said for a while now that it is likely that we will end up with a rule of where a club can only spend 70/80% of it's income on wages, I think we are above 100% currently.
Whether an owner can put more personal money in hasn't been mentioned as far as I'm concerned but I can't see the point of changes if someone like the wrexham circus were suddenly allowed to put in 100M a season.