JB to sell

Romney Lion

There was an article in the Daily Mail today stating that JB is looking for potential buyers from the US. But it appears that buyers are being put off by the £80 million asking price as JB looks to recoup some of his £100 million lay-out.

Last edited:
The figures quoted look way out. He must have put in more than £100 million over the years and I imagine the club would be worth £30 to £40 million but that's just a guess on my part.

Company NameCompany StatusPositionAppointedResigned
MILLWALL HOLDINGS LIMITEDActiveDirector28/03/07
THE MILLWALL FOOTBALL AND ATHLETIC COMPANY (1985) LIMITEDActiveDirector28/03/07
MILLWALL PROPERTIES LIMITEDActiveDirector23/05/07

I have no idea why there are different companies but could it be that he is looking to sell one of them and not all 3?

I would of thought that the possible regen around the ground is worth a lot of money and he wouldn't give that up for 8m, if the story has any truth to it.

Hope it isn't true as there doesn't seem to be any good owners coming into football at the moment.

Last edited:
JB stuck has only recently stuck another £12m into the club, so it would make no sense for him to sell up less than a year later unless he is now desperately in need of cash.

80 million he is looking for according to said article. I think Romney genuinely forgot to put the 0 at the end.

"Millwall are attracting interest from several American buyers, although none of the potential new owners appear willing to meet chairman John Berylson’s asking price.

The American businessman has spent more than £100million on the club since completing a full takeover in 2007 and he wants to recoup a significant part of that investment if he is to sell.

A number of prospective buyers have visited the club only to baulk at Berylson’s £80m valuation."

80 million he is looking for according to said article. I think Romney genuinely forgot to put the 0 at the end.

"Millwall are attracting interest from several American buyers, although none of the potential new owners appear willing to meet chairman John Berylson’s asking price.

The American businessman has spent more than £100million on the club since completing a full takeover in 2007 and he wants to recoup a significant part of that investment if he is to sell.

A number of prospective buyers have visited the club only to baulk at Berylson’s £80m valuation."

If it's 80m then that would presumably have the potential profit from the regen tied in somehow.
Could be a disaster if we get someone who is in it for profit and not football.

Staff online