Is the Love Affair Over?

Life with the Lions

WBA supporters were incensed at their 3-1 loss away to Rotherham today (especially as WBA took the lead), and most of them are very unhappy with the majority of their team, including one Jed Wallace!

And so it begins…..

”Wallace he's just pretty ordinary like the others. You'll get a couple of good games here and there….then nothing. Swift the same. Thing is seeing someone run a bit and put a few crosses over is a novelty for us and we think we've got a star. I agree he's been moved out of position at times which aint helped, but he's nothing special really.”

”Considering his assist record before this season I've not been at all impressed with his final ball. He gets a lot of crosses in (less so today) but most of them are either poor or fail to beat the first man. He was easily our best player under Bruce, but that's because the rest were even worse.”

“Said months ago I would be very worried if we don't go up re Wallace. We paid nowt and can turn a profit in the summer whilst culling his wages. He'll be gone........”

“Wallace has just had enough of playing with that shit and on the beach earlier than expected.”

”Wallace isn't clinical enough.”

”I can’t remember the last time Jed Wallace played well. I know he’s far far down on list of blame for this season, and of course, he’s being shifted about inside doesn’t help…but I genuinely don’t remember the last time he played well.”

“Burnley were one of the clubs who were after him. Wallace coming here was always a bad career move for him.”

“Wallace was anonymous yet again today.”

”The last two games he hasn't even got in to, either of them. His finishing is shit. He's a decent enough player intelligence wise, he should be getting fifteen goals a season in this league. The fact that he isn't tells you why he's not a PL player.”

That last post sums up why Millwall, as a team, no longer want or need Jed Wallace! WBA supporters were all cock-a-hoop when they signed him, confident he was the missing piece of the jigsaw which would help them get to the top flight, but as we could have told them, Wallace isn’t the player every opposition supporter thinks he is! The WBA supporters are just now finding this out!

Yes, it was good business signing him on a free contract, but with no parachute money remaining, and paying ‘stars’ like Wallace £40,000 a week (allegedly), next season is going to be extremely tough financially for the Baggies! The club is broke and attendances will fall next season! In light of all that, I wouldn’t be surprised that Wallace might be put on the transfer list this summer, in an effort for the club to get some much needed revenue in, whilst also getting a high earner off the books!

Question is: who will have him, and would they be prepared to match WBA’s wages?

I suppose they expected to be in the play off spots at least. Looks unlikely so supporters being supporters will find fault with most things and look for scapegoats. Perhaps there expectations of Twinklebollox were very high, more fool them. Hope they give him dogs abuse, he doesn't take well to it, not good for the ego. Fuck him.

”The last two games he hasn't even got in to, either of them. His finishing is shit. He's a decent enough player intelligence wise, he should be getting fifteen goals a season in this league. The fact that he isn't tells you why he's not a PL player.”
You'd have thought that was obvious to them, he's playing in the fucking championship for them :grinning:

Last edited:
He's getting to the stage where he has had too many birthdays to realise his ambition to play in the premiership.
If he's being shifted in the summer, I wouldn't be betting my pension that anyone higher than the championship will be wanting him.

WBA supporters were incensed at their 3-1 loss away to Rotherham today (especially as WBA took the lead), and most of them are very unhappy with the majority of their team, including one Jed Wallace!

And so it begins…..

”Wallace he's just pretty ordinary like the others. You'll get a couple of good games here and there….then nothing. Swift the same. Thing is seeing someone run a bit and put a few crosses over is a novelty for us and we think we've got a star. I agree he's been moved out of position at times which aint helped, but he's nothing special really.”

”Considering his assist record before this season I've not been at all impressed with his final ball. He gets a lot of crosses in (less so today) but most of them are either poor or fail to beat the first man. He was easily our best player under Bruce, but that's because the rest were even worse.”

“Said months ago I would be very worried if we don't go up re Wallace. We paid nowt and can turn a profit in the summer whilst culling his wages. He'll be gone........”

“Wallace has just had enough of playing with that shit and on the beach earlier than expected.”

”Wallace isn't clinical enough.”

”I can’t remember the last time Jed Wallace played well. I know he’s far far down on list of blame for this season, and of course, he’s being shifted about inside doesn’t help…but I genuinely don’t remember the last time he played well.”

“Burnley were one of the clubs who were after him. Wallace coming here was always a bad career move for him.”

“Wallace was anonymous yet again today.”

That last post sums up why Millwall, as a team, no longer want or need Jed Wallace! WBA supporters were all cock-a-hoop when they signed him, confident he was the missing piece of the jigsaw which would help them get to the top flight, but as we could have told them, Wallace isn’t the player every opposition supporter thinks he is! The WBA supporters are just now finding this out!

Yes, it was good business signing him on a free contract, but with no parachute money remaining, and paying ‘stars’ like Wallace £40,000 a week (allegedly), next season is going to be extremely tough financially for the Baggies! The club is broke and attendances will fall next season! In light of all that, I wouldn’t be surprised that Wallace might be put on the transfer list this summer, in an effort for the club to get some much needed revenue in, whilst also getting a high earner off the books!

Question is: who will have him, and would they be prepared to match WBA’s wages?
Don’t like to laugh but…😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Question is: who will have him,

He's a proven top-quality C'ship performer, so I wouldn't have thought that he will be short of suitors if he becomes available.

and would they be prepared to match WBA’s wages?

Depends on a number of factors and, in particular, how much WBA want for him. If they are desperate to get his wages off their books, then he'll probably go for a nominal transfer fee which would allow buyers to match Wallace's wage demands.

Brusselslion said:

He's a proven top-quality C'ship performer, so I wouldn't have thought that he will be short of suitors if he becomes available.
——————

Apart from WBA, was there any other club that showed interest in signing him last summer? Forest were interested in the January window 2022, but for whatever reason, the deal didn’t happen!

No doubt Forest we’re baulking at our asking price, but it wouldn’t have surprised me if we had found out later that part of the reason for the deal not happening was perhaps Twinklebollox’s wage demands? He obviously wanted more than the increase to £20,000 we offered him, so maybe Forest couldn’t or wouldn’t go above that?

The irony is, of course, that by the time Botox Boy had played his last game for us, Forest were on their way to promotion to the Prem, via the play offs! He must have been kicking himself that the deal to Forest had collapsed! Now he’s at another midland’s club, on better money than what we or Forest could have offered him in the Championship, but no nearer to fulfilling his dream of finally playing in the Premier League!

Brusselslion said:

Depends on a number of factors and, in particular, how much WBA want for him. If they are desperate to get his wages off their books, then he'll probably go for a nominal transfer fee which would allow buyers to match Wallace's wage demands.
——————

Thing is, Botox Boy’s performances at WBA this season has probably been less successful than his last season with us was!

The Baggies bought him because they thought he would help get them to the Prem, but it hasn’t worked, and WBA are now in the shit, finance wise, with no more Prem parachute money to fall back on, and almost zero chance now of reaching the play offs! So much for Botox Boy being the answer to their prayers!

Would any right minded Championship club be in for him in the summer, knowing he hasn’t pulled up many trees at WBA? Not so sure that they would. On the flip side, would Twinklebollox settle for anything less than what he’s currently getting at WBA? Like many footballers of today, Botox Boy is a mercenary - that was true when he showed us his true colours, that it was all about reaching the Prem for him, when in reality, it was all about the money!

Apart from WBA, was there any other club that showed interest in signing him last summer?

I don't know but given that he was a free agent, I imagine that there were enquires made.
-------++------------+++

Forest were interested in the January window 2022, but for whatever reason, the deal didn’t happen!

Forest offered £1.5m which we turned down
------++--++++++

No doubt Forest we’re baulking at our asking price, but it wouldn’t have surprised me if we had found out later that part of the reason for the deal not happening was perhaps Twinklebollox’s wage demands? He obviously wanted more than the increase to £20,000 we offered him, so maybe Forest couldn’t or wouldn’t go above that?

I imagine that Forest had budgeted a figure for Wallace (transfer fee + wages). If we were holding out for £6m then clearly it would negatively affect what they were willing to pay Wallace in wages. In the circumstances, maybe his agent told him to see out his contract with us. If so, seems to have been good advice from a financial point of view

-------+++++++++

The irony is, of course, that by the time Botox Boy had played his last game for us, Forest were on their way to promotion to the Prem, via the play offs! He must have been kicking himself that the deal to Forest had collapsed! Now he’s at another midland’s club, on better money than what we or Forest could have offered him in the Championship, but no nearer to fulfilling his dream of finally playing in the Premier League!

Hindsight's a wonderful thing. Maybe we should have taken the £1.5m on offer?

——————

Thing is, Botox Boy’s performances at WBA this season has probably been less successful than his last season with us was!

Can't say that I've followed his performances that closely but from the little I know, WBA fans were raving about him earlier in the season. It appears that his form has dipped and some of their fans are now getting on his back.

---------------_--------_-------

The Baggies bought him because they thought he would help get them to the Prem, but it hasn’t worked, and WBA are now in the shit, finance wise, with no more Prem parachute money to fall back on, and almost zero chance now of reaching the play offs! So much for Botox Boy being the answer to their prayers!

You're laying all the blame for WBA's poor season at Wallace's feet? Maybe having a £15m forward (Grant) - who's only scored 3 goals - plus a number of under-performing players on PL wages hasn't helped.

_-----------------++++;---++++

Would any right minded Championship club be in for him in the summer, knowing he hasn’t pulled up many trees at WBA? Not so sure that they would.

I think that the vast majority of C'ship clubs would be interested in his services. Whether they can afford his wage demands or whether he will be interested in them are different matters.

-------------+++------------------

On the flip side, would Twinklebollox settle for anything less than what he’s currently getting at WBA?

Who knows? Possibly not given that he is 29 and probably has one more decent payday as a footballer left if he's lucky. Do you blame him for trying to maximise his earnings while he can?
_-----++++++++++++++

Like many footballers of today, Botox Boy is a mercenary - that was true when he showed us his true colours, that it was all about reaching the Prem for him, when in reality, it was all about the money!

I don't understand why footballers are expected to behave differently to people in any other profession? Why shouldn't Wallace or any other footballer move because of money?

Wallace's performances for us weren't all good, and he cost us a few goals by losing the ball in bad positions, but over the course of his career with us he was in way in credit.

Have we replaced him with better? Given the choice I doubt that many C'ship fans would choose Voglsammer, Burke or Watmore over Wallace.

Forest were interested in the January window 2022, but for whatever reason, the deal didn’t happen!
Because JB told Jed, his agent and Forest to fuck off. He made a good stand against the parasites that are the scourge of football. Two fingers to them all and fuck your money. It's a decent marker when you see Forest move on from Twinklebollox once they were promoted. He ain't good enough, never was and never will be.

Lot of sour grapes on here. He no longer plays for us. He made his choice to earn as much as he could and be closer to his family. Most on here would have done the same given a choice. Hes gone, its over and the shit is his problem.

Lot of sour grapes on here. He no longer plays for us. He made his choice to earn as much as he could and be closer to his family. Most on here would have done the same given a choice. Hes gone, its over and the shit is his problem.
The way some supporters on here feel about Wallace is nothing to do with him wanting more money! It’s to do with the fact that he made a big thing that he wanted Prem football, and that it was not about the money, then he signs for another Championship club because they were prepared to meet his wage demands. Had he been honest with supporters from the off and said, “Millwall can’t match my wage demands, so I won’t be re-signing for them,” then I reckon most of us would have thought, “OK, he’s looking for one last bumper pay deal for him and his family, which we can’t give him, so fair enough and good luck to him,” then I’d doubt he’d have had the hostility he’s getting from a lot of Wall supporters now!

Last edited:
The way some supporters on here feel about Wallace is nothing to do with him wanting more money! It’s to do with the fact that he made a big thing that he wanted Prem football, and that it was not about the money, then he signs for another Championship club because they were prepared to meet his wage demands. Had he been honest with supporters from the off and said, “Millwall can’t match my wage demands, so I won’t be re-signing for them,” then I reckon most of us would have thought, “OK, he’s looking for one last bumper pay deal for him and his family, which we can’t give him, so fair enough and good luck to him,” then I’d doubt he’d have had the hostility he’s getting from a lot of Wall supporters now!
I still wouldn't forgive him for playing the cunt after they scored at the Den earlier in the season

Replying to Brusselslion:

If enquires were made by other clubs for Wallace, then why did we only hear about Forest being the only interest during the Jan transfer window, and then later, after the season had ended, WBA? Social Media regarding football are always looking to get the next scoop over their rivals, and had other clubs been interested in Wallace, I think we would have heard something to that effect!

No, I’m not laying all the blame on Wallace for WBA’s poor season, but when they announced that Wallace had signed for them, there were a lot of their supporters on their forums waxing lyrical about how good he was, and how he would become a better player with them, and help get them back into the Prem, etc., they were touting him as if he were the messiah/2nd coming! That’s what I was alluding to when I said that Wallace was the answer to their prayers, as that is how they saw him!

If another Championship club was interested in him this summer, Wallace would look pretty stupid and foolish if he didn’t stick to his guns about getting the same wages (or better), that he was getting from WBA! Otherwise, what would be the point in leaving?

See my earlier reply to HappyLion up thread, regarding my thoughts on Wallace’s earnings.

I think Wallace would still, today, be in credit with a lot of our supporters, had he been honest with them right from Forest’s first interest! Him saying it wasn’t about the money, but about playing in the Prem, and then choosing a Championship club who did meet his wage demands, was a lie that a lot of supporters still can‘t forget or forgive him for!

Granted, I agree with you that many Championship clubs wouldn’t choose the three you mentioned over Wallace, but I think that would have been due to his past performances with us! Season 2021/2022, his last with us, Wallace scored 5 goals! This season, supposedly playing for a better club, he has scored the same number! So, at this point in the season, with 6 games remaining, Wallace hasn’t improved his new clubs fortunes or his overall personal performance at all!

Zian Fleming, on the other hand (and effectively Wallace’s replacement), has scored 13 goals so far this season, with 5 games remaining. In that respect, then I would have to say that Flemming is most definitely a better replacement over Wallace!