Is moh salah worth £400,000 a week when were all under the cosh.

Premiership ain't under the cosh, they don't care if the fans are as long as they keep on buying tickets.
Are our top earners worth the money they are getting? I don't think so but that is what football has become.
Consider what nurses earn for the hours they work and you will see who is worth what they are paid.

He's probably worth it in terms of how much the Premier League gets in terms of revenue it generates in TV rights around the world, particularly in the Africa and the Middle East - but nobody is worth that. I hope he, and other players earning this sort of money pay their taxes, as we all do.

This is an aside but I read today that when he died, the heirs of the late sixth Duke of Westminster paid no inheritance tax on the bulk of his £8.3bn family fortune following his death in 2016. And we wonder why there is such financial disparity in this country between the super-duper rich and poor?

He's probably worth it in terms of how much the Premier League gets in terms of revenue it generates in TV rights around the world, particularly in the Africa and the Middle East - but nobody is worth that. I hope he, and other players earning this sort of money pay their taxes, as we all do.

This is an aside but I read today that when he died, the heirs of the late sixth Duke of Westminster paid no inheritance tax on the bulk of his £8.3bn family fortune following his death in 2016. And we wonder why there is such financial disparity in this country between the super-duper rich and poor?
The duke of Westminster / grosvenor estate are fairly well known for paying huge amounts of tax and pretty much zero tax planning is carried out. The reason no or little IHT was paid is that they are paying huge amounts of trust tax.

Premiership ain't under the cosh, they don't care if the fans are as long as they keep on buying tickets.
Are our top earners worth the money they are getting? I don't think so but that is what football has become.
Consider what nurses earn for the hours they work and you will see who is worth what they are paid.
it's not sport but a business now in the premshit , how can any player be worth that wage, think we should have let them and all the rest of piss taking clubs have their own league and leave football to proper football clubs, Top 6 win everything in this country while the rest just cannot complete apart from the odd freak result...it is killing football in this country.....boring ,repetitive outcomes every season

When the average earnings are about £20k a year it is obscene. Footballer earns in a week what joe bloggs takes 20 years of graft to earn.
That's why i laugh when you hear players saying they want to secure their families futures. Even at half a million a year over ten year is more than most will ever see. What they really mean is they want to retain a footballers lifestyle long after they retire at the grand old age of 35 but not have to work again.

Members online