Is Edwards a dead man walking.

What we also have to factor in is this is a team low on confidence and points. I would question some of Edwards decisions (continuing to play an out of form Flemming) (Ignoring Emakhu) but the manager is also under pressure already and yes he is an inexperienced manager in his first role and will always be judged on performances.
But despite all that sacking is out of the question. The Jan transfer market could be an indication of our future though.

Alex Ferguson won 1 game in his first six games in charge of Man Utd and that did not turn out too bad did it, for people to start calling for JEs head after six games is laughable.
That is a fair point. But the comparison is in results not the person.
You can't compare Ferguson, with his previous extensive experience both playing and managing at the top level, with Edwards.

And for 40 minutes at Bournemouth played the best football I’ve seen from a Millwall team in the best part of 20 years.

The next 50 wasn’t that good, albeit another dodgy referee didn’t help 😞
I had actually forgotten that some of the football under Lomas was pretty good. My memories are clouded by the event that was turning up away at Watford having missed KO because of terrible traffic only to get into the ground and find we were losing with 10 men... It really wasn't a good day.

January will be the most important window we have had for a long time.
Campbell and Longman must be got rid of,although JE has already said there won't be a lot of movement if we don't get a few decent loans in we really are in trouble!
De Norre will be a massive boost, our CM without him is truly dreadful, if we can get a young CM with pace to drive us forward to play with him plus a Cresswell type CB and big target man we will be fine, simples!

Edwards must be pulling his hair out, the first half hour of yesterdays game we got in good positions and had free kicks in decent area,s against a nervous Stoke City which is way more forward play in the first half hour of a game than under previous management, yet every single time either the wrong decision / pass was made and our dead ball delivery was schoolboy level, which cannot be blamed on any Manager.

For bods to be calling for JE to be sacked after 8 games is fucking ridiculous!

We all knew it would take time to change from GR bore ball.

He doesn't help himself sometimes though, what does he expect to happen when he replaces Nesbit with Bradshaw or vice versa?
Nesbit was the best player on the pitch last week playing in a 2 up front with Bradshaw, he showed he is an excellent player with the ball to feet, his hold up and lay off play was excellent, he is not a run around chasing every lost cause type of striker, playing him up front on his own is a complete waste of a very good player.

Edwards must be pulling his hair out, the first half hour of yesterdays game we got in good positions and had free kicks in decent area,s against a nervous Stoke City which is way more forward play in the first half hour of a game than under previous management, yet every single time either the wrong decision / pass was made and our dead ball delivery was schoolboy level, which cannot be blamed on any Manager.
JE can do many things to improve our players but inserting a footballing brain into some would require a miracle worker 🤷‍♂️

In my book, at times during the last few games, Edwards has shown tactically he more than knows what he is doing. First half yesterday, Sunderland, Leicester first half, Huddersfield, even Cardiff away. It's some of the players who should be dead men walking.

Our points total should be more. Dubious late penalties, good opposition goal keeping, the wood work, suspensions, injuries, individual mistakes, missing easy chances and a touch of bad luck hasn't been the fault of JE. He should be given more time and at least one transfer/loan window before stupid 'dead man walking' threads appear.

Just my opinion of course and Happy Christmas to all on MO...

:santa:

He would not of have been my first choice as i thought we should stay a bit more direct as we cant out football the footballing teams on our budget. He does need a bit more than 7 or 8 games. We have been unlucky not to take 6 points off our last 2 games so could be a tad higher up the table. The players we have bought over the last 5 -10 years are best suited to play a more direct Luton style approach. For him to impose his ideas he needs a couple of transfer windows at least. We’re not Watford after all.

See who he signs in January but if he makes a mess of it he should go. It won't be fair to give his replacement the job of keeping us up with only a few games left. Luckily Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday are doomed so we only need to find one more team worse than us. I had never heard of him and i think we should be more ambitious than employing a manager whose main achievement was managing the Chesea youth team.

I don’t know why people think that Barratt is some kind of evil overlord maniacally pulling the strings in the background. He’s an honest bloke trying his best with a good working relationship with the squad, a helpful conduit between the players and senior management.

What an entitled whinging bunch some of our fans have become in recent years. A so called working class support that is forever blowing its own trumpet but at the same time demand people lose their jobs whenever things get tough. Managers, coaches and players young and old have been castigated, vilified and harassed out of the club and the social media armchair experts are now setting sights on new targets.

Leave off with the constant negativity and let’s support the players and manager through this tricky time. We’ve seen shittier teams than this pull through so there is no reason why this one shouldn’t. Fuck QPR, fuck Norwich the six fingered bastards and fuck the tractor driving bad accent cunts Bristol city. Let’s aim the abuse at our rivals not our own fucking players and staff.
Post of the year 👏👏👏

Yes, but can you honestly say that the Championship hasn’t been poor these past couple of years? We were extremely lucky to still be in with a shout on that last day. Results around us kept going our way, and in reality we should have been nowhere near the play offs based on those last 10 game performances (with the exception of Blackpool away!) I think many on here were absolutely gobsmacked that we still had a chance to achieve the play offs if we could beat Blackburn last game of the season!

The Championship is much stronger this year! Relegated teams like Leicester, Leeds and Southampton occupy spots 1, 3 and 4 respectively, along with Ipswich (who won promotion from league 1), occupying the 2nd spot! Of those 4 it was only against Southampton where we looked like we could hold our own, whereas Leicester, Ipswich and Leeds showed us where we needed to be in terms of our play and performance.

Other clubs have either strengthened their squads better this season or replaced them with managers who are getting more out of the players they already have. It’s been shown time and time again that our lack of pace in all positions is contributing heavily in our drawing and losing of games. Couple that with getting ridiculous injuries (Bryan’s anyone?) and you have supposedly key players not there to improve team performances! It also doesn’t help having players who don’t ‘see’ what other players from other teams see when they’re on the ball, meaning that the right decision making options aren’t made and chances go squandered! Unfortunate but true, many of our players don’t have the footballing brains needed to change and win games on a consistent basis!
Perhaps that is where the problem lies, some of you thinking the Championship is poor, the stronger the Premiership gets so does the Championship, since the 90's players get drip fed into lower leagues.
The 3 clubs that came down into it don't get relegated in any other league in the world and how many top divisions around the world do we get relegated from?
Take a look at the bottom of every top division around the wold and you don't see much else than average Championship teams at best, we improved our squad in the summer and still are only a mid table side, time will tell whether we live up to that this season but if you don't have perspective of the league we are in then you are always going to find fault with little old Millwall.

JE can do many things to improve our players but inserting a footballing brain into some would require a miracle worker 🤷‍♂️
Agreed Purley, but until he can get the players in that he wants (supposedly ones with brains) then he mustn’t ask this lot to play in a style they can’t or ultimately it will backfire on him

I Know it's to soon but our team is shocking right now. Is it the coach or are our players sub standard to be playing in this division.
More or less the same players that were 45 minutes off a play off spot last season. Perhaps Rowett knew a bit more about our limitations and strengths than the people who wanted him gone and thought his football was shit. :clap::clap:

And you think you are bored!.:LOL:

Yes he is!..
Any new manager that can not emulate the amazing achievements and successes that GR had brought to club playing turgid, dour, uninspiring football with more often than not binary score lines needs to be binned after only 8 games.
Fuck a new approach, we must have the 'Must not lose' slogan ingrained into any player that gets to play for the first team, whether he be an exciting young prospect or a wage thief journey man, we must stay in this division at all costs, it's imperative.

I don’t know why people think that Barratt is some kind of evil overlord maniacally pulling the strings in the background. He’s an honest bloke trying his best with a good working relationship with the squad, a helpful conduit between the players and senior management.

What an entitled whinging bunch some of our fans have become in recent years. A so called working class support that is forever blowing its own trumpet but at the same time demand people lose their jobs whenever things get tough. Managers, coaches and players young and old have been castigated, vilified and harassed out of the club and the social media armchair experts are now setting sights on new targets.

Leave off with the constant negativity and let’s support the players and manager through this tricky time. We’ve seen shittier teams than this pull through so there is no reason why this one shouldn’t. Fuck QPR, fuck Norwich the six fingered bastards and fuck the tractor driving bad accent cunts Bristol city. Let’s aim the abuse at our rivals not our own fucking players and staff.
🎯 :clap::clap: