Ipswich Tickets

Unfortunately won’t be able to go (midweek game) and rather surprisingly I’ve never been to Portman Road 🤷‍♂️

Apparently everyone is meeting up in some tiny Suffolk village ,2pm, where 70's CR is doing bacon sarnies before taking over the local.

Apparently everyone is meeting up in some tiny Suffolk village ,2pm, where 70's CR is doing bacon sarnies before taking over the local.
Your mates are pulling your leg, the rest of us are meeting in Brockley SE4 & having fish & chips

“Brockley is a village and civil parish in the West Suffolk district of Suffolk, England. Brockley parish includes the hamlets of Pound Green and Gulling Green. According to the 2001 Census parish population was 281, and increased to 312 at the 2011 Census”

Unfortunately won’t be able to go (midweek game) and rather surprisingly I’ve never been to Portman Road 🤷‍♂️
I love Portman Road. It's a proper old fashioned ground that even smells like an old fashioned ground. That smell of damp turf and timber, new grounds just don't smell like that anymore. When in the away bit you often (depending on how high up you are) can't see the roof of the stand opposite. Proper old ground. I wish there were more of them left.

I love Portman Road. It's a proper old fashioned ground that even smells like an old fashioned ground. That smell of damp turf and timber, new grounds just don't smell like that anymore. When in the away bit you often (depending on how high up you are) can't see the roof of the stand opposite. Proper old ground. I wish there were more of them left.
First game I did there was Wolves about 1973. Had mates who supported them. But 78 at ours and 96 at theirs are more embedded in my memory😁

and you can park right beside the ground.