Im not sure i want to be in the prem

I posted something similar a week ago and got called a stat wanker :shake:
Anyway, it occurred to me that Newcastle scored more goals today than we have all season
Unfortunately this forum is becoming more and more toxic, I'm sure some people hold back from speaking their mind through fear of retribution... sad times.

I thought the term, 'Stat Wanker' was a bit of ongoing, MO, comedy?
It's hardly turning MO 'more and more toxic'.

Plus, these up and coming Stat Wankers are useful for the rest of us:
We don't have to go internet hunting for stats and in a way, they are just like Brass, they provide a very valuable service.

:grinning:

I know as a club you have to aim as high as you can but I genuinely wouodnt be able to cope with 7,8 or 9 nils. I would end up doing time with anger at a game, I would much rather win a major cup than the premiership anyway

As a matter of intrest when was the last time we scored or conceded more than 6, ii have seen us lose 6-0 v rotherham, 6- something home to grimsby at the old ground and 6-2 at sunderland, only remember one 6-0 we won at home to brentford

We don't have to go internet hunting for stats and in a way, they are just like Brass, they provide a very valuable service.

I suppose the stat name can be taken different ways but I assumed he wasn't very happy with being called it due to the 'sad face' emoji rather than a happy one but hey each to their own ;)

only remember one 6-0 we won at home to brentford
I remember that game for one thing.
Behind me were 2 blokes who would slag off Phil Barber for every minute he was on the pitch.
At one point he picked up the ball in the centre circle. They started, "pass it, Barber, you cunt". No, you wanker, don't keep it!" You get the idea.

Anyway, Barber kept the ball and continued going forward until he shot from about 25 yards out and buried the ball deep in Brentford's net.

They changed seamlessly from slagging Barber off to singing his praises. They never even drew breath while they changed from slaughtering him to applauding the goal.

Unfortunately this forum is becoming more and more toxic, I'm sure some people hold back from speaking their mind through fear of retribution... sad times.
I obviously picked the wrong e moji
I really didn’t mind, I sort of expect it. Most of it (well nearly all of it) is humorous

I know as a club you have to aim as high as you can but I genuinely wouodnt be able to cope with 7,8 or 9 nils. I would end up doing time with anger at a game, I would much rather win a major cup than the premiership anyway
I’ve always had that argument with mates up here. I would rather win the FA cup than the prem. many reasons why

Bramall Lane was half empty with 30 minutes to go, they cut to one girl who stayed but was reading a book. We would be annihilated every week in the prem. I know a Luton fan and he's already saying he wishes they'd lost the play offs. Hardly any Saturday games and getting turned over week in week out, says it's embarrassing and we're only in September

Getting to the Prem would be like take the money and get embarrassed week in week out, no thanks.
Rather hang around the Championship and have a by Millwall standards a good season with one of near relegation.
The money gap between the top tier and the rest of the leagues is to end up with a closed shop.If a club is not 'fortunate' to be bought by some oil rich consortium or run like Brentford, Bournemouth or BHA then there is no hope of a level comepitive league.

Last edited:
Hardly any Saturday games
You think that's bad, and it is.
I was looking at Fixtures for Les Girondins de Bordeaux last night. They have a home fixture on December 19, then nothing till January 22. They always have a mid season break here. I know the French like their holidays, but that seems like taking the piss to me.
When you think what a tradition Christmas and New Year football is in the UK, it's just a different world here.

:ROFLMAO:

Unlike Brass, thankfully he doesn't charge a fee for his amature stat wankery.

I thought 'Stat Wanker' was just an ongoing bit of banter.

I got a complete bollocking on here some time ago, for nominating 'Songs From The Big Chair' by Tears for Fears as best album ever.

What I endured was out and out bulling.

Had no alternative other than to press the 'Report' link.

:wagging:

As a matter of intrest when was the last time we scored or conceded more than 6, ii have seen us lose 6-0 v rotherham, 6- something home to grimsby at the old ground and 6-2 at sunderland, only remember one 6-0 we won at home to brentford
I think we lost 6 something at home to Notts County and Birmingham when someone was sent off 🤔

I actually didn't think that Sheff Utd were much Cop last season in the Championship, so no surprses for me with their present performances, especially as £20m was their budget this season. With that kind of feeble backing (in PL terms at least), it wouldn't surprise me if they are quite happy to drop back into the Championship with a nice little parachute earner.
Norwich in disguise.

Thats cos some of us are lazy cunts. 😎