I'm a bit surprised at the surprise

King of The Jungle

Reading posts on here I'm quite astonished by the fact that quite a lot of people find Rowetts' departure a surprise. It would seem to me that he had been quite unpopular for a good few months. It's was only a couple of months back that some of ours were singing that he was a 'cunt' at Norwich and many people were calling for him to go on here. Many have been cursing him for his 'negative' style of play for months and months. I really don't have any surprise at him going.

Anyway, we shall see what the future brings. Personally I think Rowett has given us a very useful period of stability and organisation and very nearly achieved a play off place with a squad of, relatively-speaking, average players when compared to some of our rivals. I think his style of play reflected the capabilities of his squad and I think overall he has done a very good job for us. We may find that the grass is not greener without him; I do hope that I am wrong about this, but I suspect I may not be.

Last edited:
Only a couple of days ago he was talking about the striker options for PNE with Rab and Whatmore crocked, then 2 or 3 days later he's on his bike. So I can understand the surprise.
Don't suppose we'll ever get to the bottom of the reasons for leaving. Unless the man in the car park is keeping it under his cap, to release at a later date.

We all knew he would be going eventually but my theory is that he offered his notice a while back but was persuaded to stay on until we had something in place.
If I am right we won't be waiting too long for the announcement of a new manager.
I think you may well be right with that, and if you are, that is very professional conduct by Rowett with a large dose of integrity.

We all knew he would be going eventually but my theory is that he offered his notice a while back but was persuaded to stay on until we had something in place.
If I am right we won't be waiting too long for the announcement of a new manager.
Thinking the same maybe the club will make an annoucement before Blackburn Tuesday night

Thinking the same maybe the club will make an annoucement before Blackburn Tuesday night
Why would they wait till then? If it was a case of us having someone lined up surely they’d be ready for the weekend and we wouldn’t have announced GR leaving two days before a game?

I just wonder if our new Chairman found out what his father knew about Rowett applying for the WBA job and another club questioned his loyalty and decided he had to go or discovered he was again canvassing for a job. Just don't know but it is a thought.

I think you may well be right with that, and if you are, that is very professional conduct by Rowett with a large dose of integrity.

That would put him a list with KJ and Harris and not with the likes of Hollowhead!

I'm surprised by your lack of surprise :cool:

What has surprised me is that the usual suspects who post their 'Rowit f#ck of' threads whenever we lose have not been on here further parading their lack of nouse.

Interesting theory 🤔

Members online